Is this best update ever to be released for GT6? or is it really?

• Thread starter ToyGTone
  • 30 comments

Which update is the best one for you?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bahrain
Parts Unknown
DM me
DM me
High Speed Ring.jpg

The last update (v1.14) Brings two new cars, one of them is of course the Subaru VGT which was said here has a really good sound and like the other one's it has no interior (except in photo travel where there's one :irked::banghead:) and then there's a Bmw M4 safety car which is basically a re skinned M4 and optional Light bar along side with making the normal and froze black Bmw M4 tune able.
Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg
City of Arts and Sciences - Night.jpg

-------------------------------------------------
Then there's a new challenge 4 for the time trial which i didn't try it (i meant i didn't complete it) yet because i'm waiting to get 5 days bonus log in then go completing them. At least they added more events instead of being only 3 events for a such long waited track back which said it will release back in Feb 2014 but then went quiet about it until they've released it way later.
Circuito de la Sierra - Time Rally.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

i1VqNz5ZovZD4.jpg

And then there's Compatibility with Motec i2 pro which you could see some one tested it over here and it looks and works great!

and then a Compatibility for something that %99.99999 of players can not do...
Nürburgring Nordschleife_.jpg

and after that there's some small changes which i don't really care about
and then there's the car sound which change depending if it's inside a tunnel (echo) or the view is on the "driver-eye view" (muffle) or bonnet view which was should had been add since the beginning but gotta tell you i really liked that echo sounds my cars is making while in a tunnel.
Special Stage Route 5.jpg

However
Basically none of these are the reasons for making the update a really great compared to some other updates. The only reason it could be great is because of these:

Suzuka Circuit 2014
Suzuka Circuit 2014.jpg
Suzuka Circuit 2014_1.jpg

Suzuka Circuit 2014 update made me for some reason to drive around for endless hours on it which compared to the old GT5P - GT5 (note there's some different between the two track version's btw) versions which looks like it was washed and very ugly sky weather and also the texture on updated version (for me at least) is better along side with the whole track is remodeled and with time change included i could say it really good but is it good enough to make it a really great update?

Now it's the time to say the best and maybe the only reason it could be a great added feature for this update.
Community is over here! finally included!
comtitled.png
com2titled.png

After almost a year since gt6 released is finally here. A feature which should must been added since the beginning, i almost not seen any reason to not including it unless it's was full of bugs. I remember i've bought GT6 which was leaked one week earlier on 28 November of last year. I remember seeing that Community icon locked before disappeared on 5 of December with first day update. Anyway in this, you'll be able to make clubs, organized races and events and share photos and cars and much more. but i just wish there's more thing to do with it with things like share replays to things like trade and gift cars (any cars). Overall i think it's a really great feature to include in gt6.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking now which is the best update add on for gt6? is it the 1.14? or is it 1.12? maybe 1.08? or it could be 1.09? i can't really decide which one so the choice is your's: which one was the best?

Last edited:
I just want them to fix aero physics and I don't care about anything else.

If they do this, I can finally go back to playing the game and enjoy simulation which is one of the basic elements of GT franchise.

^ if i choose for example 1.14 then things like red bull track, x2014, toyota ts030, Nissan 2020, bmw m4, toyota ft-1, sierra...etc will not count

@ToyGTone What do you mean you can't use the MoTeC analysis software? Do you own a computer? It's free to download. And all you do is export the MoTeC file straight from GT6. Every single person that owns a computer can use this -- you don't need a special device and you don't need to buy anything. So how is it incompatible for 99.9999% of players?

The best IMO would be the last one with the community features.

But I'm still waiting for the course maker and some more photomode locations. That would be my favorite update.

@ToyGTone What do you mean you can't use the MoTeC analysis software? Do you own a computer? It's free to download. And all you do is export the MoTeC file straight from GT6. Every single person that owns a computer can use this -- you don't need a special device and you don't need to buy anything. So how is it incompatible for 99.9999% of players?
did you see the spolier under it, i mean that gt-r nismo '14 which 99.9999% players don't have that

You mixed the two thing together

EDIT: i think i know why you mistaken that, for some weird reason, not all my pictures load. :(
if you have seen a broken pic, just right click and open in new tab, it works, it will show the pic on that tab

Last edited:
When PD release an update and we are able to change tires width(we should be able to change independently tires width on the front and rear axle) then I can say thank you PD.
Until then there is no good enough update for me.

From a big picture perspective I'm quite happy with the game and all the updates that have been made. But I'm very disappointed in this latest "community" update because you still cannot gift cars which is something they advertised as being a community feature when the game first came out.

Also recall lame optimism that these community features would be available last January or Februaray so now that they're 10 months late it's very disappointing the one feature I really want isn't available :(

Serenity Now!

The best update will be the one where PD makes things like qualifying, standing starts, mechanical damage, fuel/tire wear, penalties, & 16-car grid available in all game modes. Having some things of those available online only and not offline makes no sense and makes the offline portion of GT6 a time trial only game. An update that allows players to have 16-car grid in arcade mode + the option to choose car for each AI opponent so that we get a balanced grid would be great too.

The Senna content was the biggest boon for GT6 to date.
1.14 next. Then Sierra, then Red Bull Ring.

To me, car content is pretty meaningless to the quality of an update. They make no difference to the way the game plays which was so clunky and cumbersome prior to 1.14. Many of my online group had pretty much given up the game. Single player is no different after 1.14 but online has come back to life (actually it's only just starting) thanks to the community features.

I've not praised GT6 much beyond the driving/hot lapping experience but honestly the community features work really, really well and are fairly well thought out. Series and one off race creation is so much easier now. My club (CRAP and CRAP 2) that I help run has been made so much easier now. Multiple events, multiple concurrent event rooms, preset event settings that can be loaded/hosted by any member, all results whether time trial or race get automatically saved to the event screen.

And they've even made a bit of an improvement to cockpit sound, sound options and collision noises. Still plenty of room for improvement but it's progress.

Even if the next update has a big impact with the course maker and bspec, I think the community features are the most important new feature of the game. Other stuff like improved single player modes and AI don't appear to be coming in GT6. That's where Project Cars will grab me.

Still, version 1.14 is the best update until something better comes along

Last edited:
Surprised spec 2.0 wasn't mentioned in the 'future' update option, I still see members hoping for it "soon"

I'd add the trademark 'TM' to that, but I don't know how :lol:

I'm just megajells (extremely envious) that everyone else on the planet managed to get v1.14 to update effortlessly and I've had to muck about with my PS3 more than Ron Dennis has messed about with Jenitals Button over the last few days. (Turn him on for 36 hours at a time only to switch him off and leave him in a dark cold room for 4 hours... sounds like something Ron "The Mechanic" Dennis, may do actually.)

And I still don't know if it will work... And then you lot keep posting how awesome it is...

I reverted back to v0.97 GT6 just for some track time - only to discover my current save can't be used at all as it is too future for it...

If only there was some distraction from my GT6 needs on the Viewsonic... hmmm what is this... Formula One... Title showdown And Englishman vs an Irishman... I don't think Nick O'Rosberg has a chance, but it would be nice to see an Irish guy take the title...

None until they completely remake all the sounds (never happening), when they let us do whatever so we can have our own fun on the game that we bought (course maker, event generator, engine and drivetrain swaps, tire width options, more and better body kit options, livery editor. Again, not going to happen), a complete A-Spec revamp more similar to the one in GT2, GT3 and especially GT4, much higher Cr. prizes, lower car prices (once again, not happening), drag racing, multi-class racing, real DLC with NEW and quality content (not one new car every couple of months or re-skinned cars excused as being free), all Premium cars, even if that means taking just the most popular or iconic models and getting rid of the reps.

But as I've said a lot of times, maybe v2.0, or more realistically, GT7 will be THE Gran Turismo.

Update 1.14 is the best update so far because of the community feature. Being a member of someone's private clubs had changed the way gran turismo is.

1.1 money glitch getting no love :( that was the best one as it killed paying for credits with real money

I don't think the money glitch has made any difference to wether or not people would buy credits. That feature was dead on announcement, so it hardly took a Chuck Norris update to kill it again.

I think 1.14 was the best update yet. The sound changes did some epic things to some of my favourite cars, the updated Suzuka track looks great and the community feature is awesome.

The only thing that could beat that would be a course maker update.

Idk any one of them that brought new usable things to do was good I guess.

I'm not easily excited over updates anymore though in all honesty. Unless it's something BIG.

Back