ISO Grifo 7 Litre '1969

Discussion in 'Cars' started by CORRUPTEDDISC, Jan 21, 2014.

1. CORRUPTEDDISC

United Kingdom UK
    PSN:CORRUPTED_DISC

image.jpg

Just look at this gorgeous Italian stallion! It's definitely one of my favourite classic GT's. The Grifo is powered by a 435 bhp 7 liter GM engine, which bestows it with rapid performance (top speed in excess of 170 mph) and that trademark V8 rumble.

I love it :D

Sign in to vote for this suggestion.
    BJahalt88, DogZy, GBalao888 and 41 others like this.
  2. Azure Flare

Premium
    None Carthage, TN
    PSN:race_emhard

Oh my...
    GBO Possum likes this.
  3. Sick Cylinder

UK
    PSN:Sick_Cylinder

I used to have a toy version of this car - it captured my heart all those years ago so I would love to have this car in a GT game.
    GBO Possum likes this.
  4. f1357924680

Germany Hessen
    PSN:f1357924680

Please please please:bowdown:
    GBO Possum and CORRUPTEDDISC like this.
  5. GBO Possum

Premium
    United States Massachusetts
    PSN:GBO-Possum

Due to taxation policies in Europe at the time, it was rare to find power plants like this whose displacement was measured in what approaches cubic yards.

Cars were generally taxed based on a calculated "horse power", the formula for which included most, or all of the elements of swept capacity. This led to a preference for cars with engines which could wring out a large amount of power from limited displacement.

At the high end, a kind of inverted logic applied, where very wealthy car owners liked to choose visibly highly-taxed cars, demonstrating their ability to spend. A frequent result of this taxation distortion was to encourage designs with 12 or more cylinders. The Iso Grifo offered a different method of demonstration of conspicuous consumption by reaching across the Atlantic for this example of "excess". It was probably seen as an opportunity for the company to improve gross margins as well, given the higher manufacturing costs of 12 and 16 cylinder motors.
    CORRUPTEDDISC likes this.
  6. f1357924680

Germany Hessen
    PSN:f1357924680

But your picture is the GL 350 or GL 365
  7. CORRUPTEDDISC

United Kingdom UK
    PSN:CORRUPTED_DISC

Yeah, I just picked the best looking one :D
  8. GiovyLM

Italy Napoli (Naples)
    PSN:GiovyLM

This car was developed to compete against ferrari and other gt cars of that period ... voted ! :lol:
    CORRUPTEDDISC likes this.
  9. Amac500

United States United States
    PSN:Alex_Mac_

Its a true hybrid (American power, European styling, as they called it back in the day).
    GiovyLM likes this.