Just bought GT5 after becoming a fan of GT6.

• Thread starter turdhat
  • 17 comments
United States
Pleasure Ridge Park, Kentucky
Bought it yesterday and now I want to slap myself for allowing the Forza games to keep me away. While playing Gt5 in my sim rig it dawned on me that the game is more fun than Gt6. It feels more complete, it runs smoother and overall I think it looks more solid in general. The handling is very different but I like it a lot. Much easier to catch a slide !

I think in my mind I am going to feel like Gt5 is the newer improved version and Gt6 came 1st.

Bought it yesterday and now I want to slap myself for allowing the Forza games to keep me away. While playing Gt5 in my sim rig it dawned on me that the game is more fun than Gt6. It feels more complete, it runs smoother and overall I think it looks more solid in general. The handling is very different but I like it a lot. Much easier to catch a slide !

I think in my mind I am going to feel like Gt5 is the newer improved version and Gt6 came 1st.

Sadly, I agree. I started GT5 about 3 months ago. Found out servers will be shut down so I started GT6, but keep going back to GT5 and it just feels better to me. I'm grinding through the seasonal events to make as much $$ as I can before the end, and then I'm sure I'll adapt to GT6.

I feel the complete opposite. I have not been able to go back to GT5 after GT6. Just something as simple as not being able to bring standards to the photo travel drives me nuts in GT5. I just have way too many issues with GT5 and the standards. Such a sour taste in my mouth.

Last edited:
They could dump the Photo Mode entirely, wouldn't phase me any.
Extraneous features distract attention from good basic racing fun.
You guys know you can still play GT5 without online service right?

I don't play online at all really. If I want to I have GT6. I love career mode the most and setting up my own races in arcade mode. I got Gt5 since I beat the career mode in Gt6 and heard so many people say that they liked the career mode in 5 better.

Since I never played 5 you could switch them in my brain. Gt5 feels new and fresh and I like the menus better. Also, in my preferred driving view (bonnet cam) all of the cars show the car sink a bit in the front from braking which is only in the in car view in gt6. This really helps me know how hard I am braking and I hope they bring that back the the bonnet view in gt6. In short, going "back" to Gt5 feels like going forward to Gt6 to me. Shame the servers are going away though.

I played GT5 for about 2 weeks before getting 6. I then played the career on 6 and have gone back to 5 to get some cars and XP before servers go down. After going back i think 5 is harder. Licence tests in 6 were really easy to gold compared to 5, same with special challanges. Tried grand tour and amg academy and it looks tough to gold.

GT5 had such a lot to do in it, things like the Special Events etc. Only trouble is the physics were so numb at launch, although they did improve them slightly over time. I just wish I had GT5 with GT6's physics, that'd be fun, especially for Shuffling.

In my opinion GT5 imagery is far superior than GT6. GT5 looks more life like and real, GT6 sim is a bit more improved over GT5. but GT5 as an entire package is a much better game. GT5 forever!!.:bowdown:

I loved GT4, then thought GT5 was the perfect upgrade and got me so excited.

Now I feel like GT6 evolved to a place that I'm just not comfortable with... yet.

I WILL fall in love with it (GT6), but I'm just not ready for it... yet. But like I said in my first post, I got a late start with GT5, and it's just too good to skip it altogether!

They're never going to do this. There's too many photographers.
A Photography Title would never sell on it's own, that's why they stuck it in GT4 & GT5.
I've no issue with it other than it being an expensive distraction along with other gizmo's.
Upgrade the underlying game as a priority, and not just keep adding more flashy features.
If they would do that first, they would have a more balanced package that's hard to beat.

A Photography Title would never sell on it's own, that's why they stuck it in GT4 & GT5.
I never said this, but okay.
I've no issue with it other than it being an expensive distraction along with other gizmo's.
Upgrade the underlying game as a priority, and not just keep adding more flashy features.
If they would do that first, they would have a more balanced package that's hard to beat.
Photomode is not a priority. There's 5 photomode locations (technically 4) and the camera settings are almost exactly copied from GT5.

I don't play online at all really. If I want to I have GT6. I love career mode the most and setting up my own races in arcade mode. I got Gt5 since I beat the career mode in Gt6 and heard so many people say that they liked the career mode in 5 better.

Since I never played 5 you could switch them in my brain. Gt5 feels new and fresh and I like the menus better. Also, in my preferred driving view (bonnet cam) all of the cars show the car sink a bit in the front from braking which is only in the in car view in gt6. This really helps me know how hard I am braking and I hope they bring that back the the bonnet view in gt6. In short, going "back" to Gt5 feels like going forward to Gt6 to me. Shame the servers are going away though.

I'm a little confused by this. Sorry to bother you - but what version are you playing? And did it ask you to update before you played?
I ask because I wonder what will happen to people who purchase GT5 XL now - what would happen when they slip in that disc?

After installing GT5 you just update to 2.16; the problem is with the provided DLC codes that are no longer usable :/

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got GT6 when it came out, but I only picked up GT5 about a week ago. Patched it and overall it seems way more complete. Does it bother any other GT6 players that there are so few "out of the box" events? I don't really care for these crappy seasonals, I care about events I can play whenever I want. GT5 has 6 menus with 9 events each, plus the special events. GT6 has.....a small fraction of that. Why does being online to do seasonals have to compose a large portion of SINGLE PLAYER play?
Also, GT5 rules because of one other reason: Hybridding. The NSX-R is a tad more fun when there is a Ferrari 458 motor driving the wheels.
GT6 does have better handling and a few nice features like flat floors, but with so few single player races to participate in it's all somewhat irrelevant.

Back