Kaz Q&A - what's the point ?

• Thread starter TurismoBad
  • 62 comments
Italy
Italy
Top 20 if not 30 questions are recurring themes of discussions not only on GTP but...virtually on every GT video, forum, blog etc.

Some of them are simply common sense - if PD and Kaz only discovered some of those issues because of internet then I think we can pack the bags today.

I'm asking then, why not simply provide statements addressing those issues/requests/questions instead of the Q&A that was expectantly filled with the same old stuff ?

I'm just wondering when these questions are going to start to get answered. Its been about 3 weeks so far and in the OP it states a few (a few to me is 2) weeks, so I would assume any time now....right? Hopefully this is not something else that is just going to go ignored or given very little attention to.

I guess it's a way to resume all that's being talked about in the forums, they probably wouldn't want to read entire threads to get an idea of what prople are looking for.

It could be many things, but it's the first time Kaz has seen fit to directly address the biggest GT fansite and it could be the start of open lines of communication. It could also be paying lipservice to the same thing. It remains to be seen, but since it's a change of pace I say give him/PD the benefit of the doubt until we see what comes of it. It's possible all our "bitching, moaning, whining and complaining" has finally made PD/Kaz realize there are issues us diehard fans want addressed and a chuckle and a "technically possible" aren't going to cut it anymore.

I realize some/many of us are pretty jaded, myself included, and I fully understand that some of us won't buy it until we see the proof, but this has some real potential to be a turning point so I'm remaining optimistic about it and reserving judgment.

I honestly see no point in having a Kaz Q&A if it's just going to sit there with nothing answered... It's probably just there in hopes those who have issues with the series shutting up and moving on so no complaints will be made. There's just no hope left in getting/wanting the GT series to improve in the future if Kaz and PD refuse to listen, why are they so freaking difficult? How can fans (and myself) take this much frustration from one developer? How?

Freaking utterly ridiculous! :mad:

I honestly see no point in having a Kaz Q&A if it's just going to sit there with nothing answered... It's probably just there in hopes those who have issues with the series shutting up and moving on so no complaints will be made. There's just no hope left in getting/wanting the GT series to improve in the future if Kaz and PD refuse to listen, why are they so freaking difficult? How can fans (and myself) take this much frustration from one developer? How?

They did say "several" weeks before they are answered. Several isn't 2 or 3, that's a couple. Give it at least 5 or 6 then begin to wonder. If it gets to 8 I'd say it's fair to be concerned at that point. Way too early for that.

Yep, totally see your point there Toko and pretty much the same thing I said. I mean, its going to be a month here soon since the thread has started and so far not even a peep or an attempt to even answer one question. I am waiting patiently, but its not looking too good at this point beings it was stated in the OP as being "in a few weeks."

They did say "several" weeks before they are answered. Several isn't 2 or 3, that's a couple. Give it at least 5 or 6 then begin to wonder. If it gets to 8 I'd say it's fair to be concerned at that point. Way too early for that.
Several? But why do we have to wait for Kaz to answer questions that'll probably be answered vaguely? Kaz and PD are sooo behined in modern times, I see no point in dealing with them anymore.

Yep, totally see your point there Toko and pretty much the same thing I said. I mean, its going to be a month here soon since the thread has started and so far not even a peep or an attempt to even answer one question. I am waiting patiently, but its not looking too good at this point beings it was stated in the OP as being "in a few weeks."
I honestly believe having to wait for one man to answer questions "in a few weeks" is just silly. Why not answer them now? Is that really hard to do?

Where do you get several because this is what I see.

"Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi will be reviewing questions posted in this forum and answering a selection of the most popular (as determined by votes/"Likes") over the next few weeks"

A few to me means 2.

Where do you get several because this is what I see.

"Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi will be reviewing questions posted in this forum and answering a selection of the most popular (as determined by votes/"Likes") over the next few weeks"

A few to me means 2.
Where I come from 2, sometimes 3 is a "couple". 4 or more would be a few/several. So 4,5,6,7 would be several. Never heard of 2 as being several or a few.

So this is just a discussion on how long a few weeks is now?..

Several is more than 2 but not many. Not many also being the definition of few. Many being defined as a large amount. Since a couple is 2 we can determine only that it will be at least 3 weeks before we get any answers from Kaz since who's to say 15 weeks, for example, is a large amount. Compared to a year it's positively short-term. Compared to how long it's taken to get a chance to almost directly talk to Kaz, it's like the blink of an eye.

Where I come from 2, sometimes 3 is a "couple". 4 or more would be a few/several. So 4,5,6,7 would be several. Never heard of 2 as being several or a few.

few
fyo͞o/
adjective & pronoun
determiner: few; pronoun: few; comparative adjective: fewer; superlative adjective: fewest
  1. 1.
    a small number of.
    "may I ask a few questions?"
    synonyms:a small number, a handful, one or two, a couple, two or three;More
    not many, hardly any
    "there weren't many biscuits, but we saved you a few"

Never heard of a "few" meaning 4. Like I said, the quote in the OP said "few" which would mean 2, or maybe 3 at the most....as indicated by the definition above. Nowhere in the OP does it say several like you indicate, it says a "few".

I've always believed a few is 3 to 4 of something, mainly 3. 4 or more would be several.

Regardless, as nothing was shown or heard of at E3, I kind have expected these questions to be answered around about this time. However, we are still waiting. Maybe Kaz/PD is waiting until GT Academy is out of the way, but that's over after the weekend.

If there's nothing in the next week or two, then I think people have the right to moan and groan about it, PD are really giving off the vibe of dragging their heels. At the end of the day, we are paying customers who are still waiting for the full advertised product.

I've always believed a few is 3 to 4 of something, mainly 3. 4 or more would be several.

Regardless, as nothing was shown or heard of at E3, I kind have expected these questions to be answered around about this time. However, we are still waiting. Maybe Kaz/PD is waiting until GT Academy is out of the way, but that's over after the weekend.

If there's nothing in the next week or two, then I think people have the right to moan and groan about it, PD are really giving off the vibe of dragging their heels. At the end of the day, we are paying customers who are still waiting for the full advertised product.

Same here. But NOOooo Kaz will say...

If that was true, that will just be silly.

If that was true, that will just be silly.

This is the same company that incorporated a fully fledged menu including, in essence, a working event creator and changeable field of view options, then locked them out and hid them away, along with the fully working extra tuning parts.

There's this statement by @amar212 on neogaf.

"The idea is to keep the Q&A opened for voting for some time in order to filter everything. After that, the questions will be examined by small technical team gathered especially for this occasion and reviewed internally by PD. Kazunori will then prepare answers together with his programming team. It takes time in their current schedule."

Forgive my ignorance, but how does it take time to read and answer a few questions and why does it take a technical team to do this? The top voted questions can be listed in order by clicking the huge banner at the top of the sub-forum, and Kaz, being the head of the whole thing, surely knows what's going on in his own project.

I really can't see how it would take more than an hour or two.

few
fyo͞o/
adjective & pronoun
determiner: few; pronoun: few; comparative adjective: fewer; superlative adjective: fewest
  1. 1.
    a small number of.
    "may I ask a few questions?"
    synonyms:a small number, a handful, one or two, a couple, two or three;More
    not many, hardly any
    "there weren't many biscuits, but we saved you a few"

Never heard of a "few" meaning 4. Like I said, the quote in the OP said "few" which would mean 2, or maybe 3 at the most....as indicated by the definition above. Nowhere in the OP does it say several like you indicate, it says a "few".

How much is a few?

May 5th, 2010

Q: I grew up believing that a “few” was three and a “couple” was two. But I just looked them up and found no mention of three in the definitions of “few,” and “more than two” as a meaning of “couple.” Can you give these words a firm meaning? I don’t like it that a word can mean different things to different people.

A: When someone asks you to lend him “a few dollars,” he could mean almost any amount. And when he says he’ll repay you in “a couple of days,” don’t mark a date on your calendar.

Your question can’t be answered definitively, because “few” is ambiguous as far as its specific number, and “couple” can also be inexact.

Let’s begin with “few.” It was first seen in written English back as the 800s, according to citations in the Oxford English Dictionary. From the beginning, it has meant “not many” or “amounting to a small number.”

When “few” appears without a preceding word like “a” or “some,” the OED says, it implies the opposite of “many.”

But in phrases like “a few” or “some few,” according to the dictionary, it implies the opposite of “none at all.”

As examples of the two usages, the OED cites these constructions: “few, or perhaps none,” and “a few, or perhaps many.”

There are several idiomatic variations on this theme. “A good few” means “a fair number,” and “quite a few” and “not a few” both mean “a considerable number.”

But to make a long story short, “few” has never been restricted to meaning three.

In other words, it could mean 3, but it's never been restricted to just 3, it could 3 or a few more than 3 in common usage.

Forgive my ignorance, but how does it take time to read and answer a few questions and why does it take a technical team to do this? The top voted questions can be listed in order by clicking the huge banner at the top of the sub-forum, and Kaz, being the head of the whole thing, surely knows what's going on in his own project.

I really can't see how it would take more than an hour or two.

Obviously this is important for them and I'm kind of glad he isn't just scanning the questions while hopping a plane somewhere and then just blurting out some quick, trite responses. Hopefully it means some well thought out and detailed responses, not just a sentence or two and a chuckle. Let them present it in the way they think is best, this is a new thing for Kaz/PD and they deserve a little patience IMO. We've waited this long...what's a few more weeks?:lol:

Thread of the month right here :)

I'm sure the plan was to have the community questions build up for a little while to let the more popular concerns float to the top as well as for some of the less-loudly-spoken-but-still-important-or-interesting questions to get a little traction. You could probably come up with the top 3-5 popular community questions these days without even asking for them, yet we all already know the answer to several of those(or at least the answer we'll get).

I had sort of expected something on this to happen by about now, but at this point I'm not sure we can count on much direct interaction with Kaz until at least after next weekend. So for the moment, I think I'll expect something... in a little while.

Considering the entire thing is just a shot for shot remake of the Suggestions forum that we already had and still have (including many of the same things shooting right to the top, and in a couple of cases even having almost identical like counts) which itself was just a comprehensive repeat of the Feedback tab that used to be on the top of the forum and never amounted to anything, the entire thing seems (from GTP's perspective) to just say the same things which has been being said en masse since GT5 came out, but this time with the potential to be be hilariously passive aggressive (or pretentious) about it. "When are you going to finally fix this broken thing?"
I'd be shocked (but pleasantly so) if anything of real import came from this.

And as far as from PD's point of view, it's a marketing stunt; and a rather transparent one at that. Like "no functional differences" and removing the Standard car label from GT6 made it so Kaz could talk about how there were no Standard cars anymore, this reads like PD trying to say this is a major change from the status quo while doing very little that is really different. Let's examine the main point made so far of how big of a deal it could be:
It could be many things, but it's the first time Kaz has seen fit to directly address the biggest GT fansite and it could be the start of open lines of communication. It could also be paying lipservice to the same thing. It remains to be seen, but since it's a change of pace I say give him/PD the benefit of the doubt until we see what comes of it. It's possible all our "bitching, moaning, whining and complaining" has finally made PD/Kaz realize there are issues us diehard fans want addressed and a chuckle and a "technically possible" aren't going to cut it anymore.
Look at some of the things that shot up to the top of the heap almost immediately. Engine sounds. Livery editor. AI skills. Open world GT mode.
How is the fact that there is some PD Q/A Task Force assembling together and answering these popular community questions any proof that the answers will be any more committal or relevant than any time in the past 4 years or so when Jordan or Famine or whoever assembled those exact same questions based on the exact same reasoning? Will being directly asked about sound improvements in response to overwhelming criticism in June 2014 give a notably different response than being directly asked about sound improvements in response to overwhelming criticism in June 2013 did?
Even ignoring all of the same questions that PD have already made a habit of giving non-answers to (or just releasing press releases to gloss over things they don't want to talk about) and that the description of the event even says that they will pick and choose which ones of the most popular things to answer, what new lines of communication are going to come when Kaz stated quite a while ago that PD trawl this forum for feedback and even talked about specific things they've seen mentioned?

Based on how the thing was described, it isn't even like it is cutting out the middleman between fan feedback and developer response. Just shifting the moderator for the questions from Famine or Jordan to a PD employee; in the process taking a bit of the transparency away from the proceedings.

Last edited:
Considering the entire thing is just a shot for shot remake of the Suggestions forum that we already had and still have (including many of the same things shooting right to the top, and in a couple of cases even having almost identical like counts) which itself was just a comprehensive repeat of the Feedback tab that used to be on the top of the forum and never amounted to anything, the entire thing seems (from GTP's perspective) to just say the same things which has been being said en masse since GT5 came out, but this time with the potential to be be hilariously passive aggressive (or pretentious) about it. "When are you going to finally fix this broken thing?"
I'd be shocked (but pleasantly so) if anything of real import came from this.

And as far as from PD's point of view, it's a marketing stunt; and a rather transparent one at that. Like "no functional differences" and removing the Standard car label from GT6 made it so Kaz could talk about how there were no Standard cars anymore, this reads like PD trying to say this is a major change from the status quo while doing very little that is really different. Let's examine the main point made so far of how big of a deal it could be:

Look at some of the things that shot up to the top of the heap almost immediately. Engine sounds. Livery editor. AI skills. Open world GT mode.
How is the fact that there is some PD Q/A Task Force assembling together and answering these popular community questions any proof that the answers will be any more committal or relevant than any time in the past 4 years or so when Jordan or Famine or whoever assembled those exact same questions based on the exact same reasoning? Will being directly asked about sound improvements in response to overwhelming criticism in June 2014 give a notably different response than being directly asked about sound improvements in response to overwhelming criticism in June 2013 did?
Even ignoring all of the same questions that PD have already made a habit of giving non-answers to (or just releasing press releases to gloss over things they don't want to talk about) and that the description of the event even says that they will pick and choose which ones of the most popular things to answer, what new lines of communication are going to come when Kaz stated quite a while ago that PD trawl this forum for feedback and even talked about specific things they've seen mentioned?

Based on how the thing was described, it isn't even like it is cutting out the middleman between fan feedback and developer response. Just shifting the moderator for the questions from Famine or Jordan to a PD employee; in the process taking a bit of the transparency away from the proceedings.
My head agrees with everything you say. My heart still has a little sliver of optimism left and I'm spending it all on this:lol:

My heart still has a little sliver of optimism left and I'm spending it all on this:lol:

I too have "a little sliver of optimism left", the rest of my sim-racing-heart has been stolen by Project Cars though.

I'm asking then, why not simply provide statements addressing those issues/requests/questions instead of the Q&A that was expectantly filled with the same old stuff ?

Um. Is this a serious question? If you want him to answer questions, don't allow people to respond to said question. Only allow the question to be posted and only Kaz can answer. Otherwise, you get what you've got at the moment. Dude isn't going to touch that section with a ten foot pole.

I've never been on a forum with people who are so hostile consistently in my life. I'm pretty sure you guys chased off the hand that feeds by 1) asking questions that give off a rude tone or 2) asking a question that has been beaten to death, which is then beaten to death again in the Q&A section with teenagers and grown men alike, arguing with each other. By the time he sees the thread with question x, the thing probably has three pages of arguing. Gee, I wonder why Kaz doesn't get in the middle of it with teenagers and men who are willing to argue with them to answer your questions? What a mystery.

Jesus Christ give it a rest. That wasn't even what he was saying, so the "I can't believe how this forum is" garbage was even less relevant than the last 10 times you said it.

Jesus Christ give it a rest. That wasn't even what he was saying, so the "I can't believe how this forum is" garbage was even less relevant than the last 10 times you said it.
Irrelevant? OP asks why won't Kaz just answer said questions, so you get answers. If you think I am wrong and he has not answered the questions that the OP describes for reasons other than what I've mentioned/he simply doesn't know or can't reveal, please, enlighten us. Do you really think some bitter people would't ruin it? Let's be serious. Also, post examples of me saying "I can't believe how this forum is" sort of stuff. I've told a few people off. For sure. They were either being very hostile or total jerks. I don't recall generalizing a while subsection, like Kaz's Q&A, but sure, dude.

Also, note reason #2, which I have listed ;) Tell me again that is not relevant...

That reduces your post simply to you having a problem with me. Like johnny. If I looked at the responses and likes to my posts...it is basically someone different every time. Other than johnnypenso, of which there are many from him. Recurring theme. You two are the only peoplenwho get bent out of shape by my posts. I figure one or two more sees them, right? So, why is it only you two?

Last edited:
This is the same company that incorporated a fully fledged menu including, in essence, a working event creator and changeable field of view options, then locked them out and hid them away, along with the fully working extra tuning parts.
images

Back