Kaz question forum.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 10 comments
United States
mid west USA
Otaliema
So after a look over of the most popular questions they are game play and track related. And this I understand I want those things as well. But the tuning related questions are getting left in the dust so we may not get any answers.
So I thought I would make a support thread here.

If you a tuner and want to support the tuning questions, if your a user of tunes from here help us out and support some of the questions. Any thing we can get improved in the tuning department of the game will make it that much more enjoyable for everyone not just the tuners.

Tuning related qestions
Will We Be Getting The KW Suspension Testing System by @GTP_CargoRatt 141 likes let's push it up
Transmission tuning by @Otaliema 8 likes
Tuning interface by @Otaliema 9 likes
Camber problem by @waukazoo this has some good traction already with 230 likes let's get it up.

Got moved to suggestions
Share/Send tunes by @SZRT Ice

Last edited:
Probably worth a thread. I think a lot of people who may have voted for these things are no longer regulars on these pages, due to the amount of time these issues have been outstanding. Honestly, if my company produced s/w as buggy and lacking in functionality as GT6 and did little or nothing about sorting it, they'd be out of business in fairly short order...

{Cy}

Thank you for your support. Also, you have the title label wrong. I've changed it since leaving the questions forum to make it clearer and easier to understand.

I have no questions for Kaz. I know what to expect by now. Over promise and under deliver. Everything will be late, very, very late. Maybe, maybe half of the cool items mentioned at game release will actual be added to the game before GT7 gets here.

Still really, really want the mobile phone track mapping and the seven post tuning rig.

well one thing i can say if Kaz says he will do something he generally does, but time will tell.
I don't like to argue (who am I kidding?), but I've found that what Kaz promises and what Kaz delivers are usually two wildly different things.
I have no questions for Kaz. I know what to expect by now. Over promise and under deliver. Everything will be late, very, very late. Maybe, maybe half of the cool items mentioned at game release will actual be added to the game before GT7 gets here.

Still really, really want the mobile phone track mapping and the seven post tuning rig.
And don't forget that at least half the cool items from the previous version will be removed too...

{Cy}

I don't like to argue (who am I kidding?), but I've found that what Kaz promises and what Kaz delivers are usually two wildly different things.

And don't forget that at least half the cool items from the previous version will be removed too...

{Cy}

I retract my previous statement after reading the press releases on GT5 and seeing what was actually in the game and what has happened with GT6 I think I must have still thinking he could actually do what he said.

Updated op with current like counts.

Last edited:
I retract my previous statement after reading the press releases on GT5 and seeing what was actually in the game and what has happened with GT6 I think I must have still thinking he could actually do what he said.

Updated op with current like counts.

I'm sorry guys and YES, I know I am certainly gonna get hammered for stating my humble opinion here,, but honestly gentlemen, do you really think Mr. Kazunori Yamauchi has time to scroll through the untold hundreds, perhaps thousands of comments - negative and/or positive - about this game,, and then take his valuable time to personally respond? Really?? <please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_(series)#Game_history>

Please bear with me as we recap our investment in the Gran Turismo series. As many of you have - I've also purchased all of them since the first release in 1997 and thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them!

You've spent around $60 for this particular digital game, you've purchased a PS3 console - very likely not used exclusively for GT6, and you have an internet service provider (ISP) which you most likely also do not use exclusively for playing games online and some have invested in any number of driving control - be it low or high budget steering wheel. Whether or not you agree, this game is KING of online PS3 games (we're not discussing the PC games here), 2) you are not required to PAY one red cent to access and use the PlayStation network to race online, I may add PS is and ARE working to get most of the issues resolved as they can,, yet all of us have literally enjoyed (for the most part) utilizing that site to come together and race with our online friends - for FREE! ,, so what's the beef with Mr. Kaz anyway?

Just this old guys opinion here (67 years young) but I think folks need to invest our time enjoying what Play Station Network, PolyPhony Digital and the Gran Turismo designers are providing us,, continue sharing (or not) the tuning tips - and watch for the improvements as they arrive. There,, I've written what's on my mind and will not say another word on that subject.

Just this old guys opinion here (67 years young) but I think folks need to invest our time enjoying what Play Station Network, PolyPhony Digital and the Gran Turismo designers are providing us,, continue sharing (or not) the tuning tips - and watch for the improvements as they arrive. There,, I've written what's on my mind and will not say another word on that subject.

Broken promises is exactly the problem. Kaz built a great game, but he is a terrible marketer. If he would stop promising things and just introduce them when they are ready, we would all be super delighted.

Some examples:
* GT5 standard vs. premium - Should have introduced GT6 as 200 premium cars and put all standards in a section called bonus content from previous titles. We all would have been delighted that they gave us 800 cars for free. Instead they promised to update standards to premium. That set an expectation that was then unmet.
* Senna content - It is really great content. I love it. But, this should have come out on the day of the celebration of Senna's life, on May 6th, with the rest of the world fan fare. Instead PD was as typical, late.
* Track generator using your smartphones GPS. Where is that option. It was mentioned last August. If they would have waited until it was closer to complete, then announce it, we would all be overjoyed.

I could go on and on. Time after time PD over promises and under delivers. They are terrible marketers.

And yes, he should have community managers who read each and every post from every part of the globe. Kaz himself does not have to read them or respond to all of them, but he should have a team who gathers them and takes him through sentiment; positive, negative and neutral. There are also inexpensive social tools that scrape millions of websites looking for mentions of key words about your product. Good marketers today use them to help gauge their customers like or dislike of their product.

His current methods are slow and they are hurting his business. Want proof? GT Planet traffic feels to me to be as low as the final six months of GT5. That's scary. GT5 activity was strong for 2.5 years. GT6 activity started to die down at the six month mark. I'm not sure how much longer I will play. I was expecting new tracks by now, multiple new cars, track generator, seven post rig, camber to be fixed, etc., all as promised.

I say to you that you should expect more for your $65 investment. There are direct competitors to GT6 who are scraping these websites and trying to build games that meet the customer's desires. I have been a fan boy of GT since GT1, but now I don't know if I will purchase GT7.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back