Kazunori Yamauchi has a busy day at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. (56k beware)

• Thread starter RetroGlide
  • 145 comments
taj9du.gif

Kaz at the Williams F1 showcase, having a laugh with Damon Hill.

So KY understands english or Hill can speak japanese. :D

Maybe easily distracted translator translated that joke very qucikly.

Everyone just assumes he can't speak it because he now has a translator. A lot of people don't remember when he came on the stage at E3 a few years back and spoke entirely in english. He does understand english very well and speaks it but like most native Japanese people who learn english as a second language later in their life, he doesn't speak it very well and it's harder to understand him and it's also more difficult for him to say exactly what he wants. Therefore the translator says pretty much what he wants to say but in better english than Kaz.

If you notice during interviews when questions are asked in english he answers them right away without having them translated.

shouldn't you like, learn english if you have a huge fanbase from all over the world?
Why should he have to learn to speak English? Why not Italian, or French, or some thing else?

Kaz. isn't always out & about. He spends most of his time in Japan, so he probably doesn't have English 101 on his mind.

shouldn't you like, learn english if you have a huge fanbase from all over the world?

Has it ever occured to you that he doesn't really have the time to devote to learning english (or any language for that matter)?

He learns English because English is an international language which is spoken in most countries in the world. Or a hint of favoritism for English in the world.

It is quite clear that KY has a pretty good grasp on English but I think he probably doesn't want to come across speaking 'Engrish" so he always uses a translator. Plus a translator can convey things that probably would have been missed in his own translation.

Breaking news on CNN: "Yamauchi-san is delaying the release of GT5 another year in order to be able to introduce it to his english speaking fan base in their native tongue. Fans who are also english teachers can apply for this most prestigious of teaching jobs at www.TeachKazEnglishwhileGT5fansworldwidesuffer.com". :)

Breaking news on CNN: "Yamauchi-san is delaying the release of GT5 another year in order to be able to introduce it to his english speaking fan base in their native tongue. Fans who are also english teachers can apply for this most prestigious of teaching jobs at www.TeachKazEnglishwhileGT5fansworldwidesuffer.com". :)

Somebody should set up that website... With a huge picture of Kaz and Translator! That would be funny.

Jay
It is quite clear that KY has a pretty good grasp on English but I think he probably doesn't want to come across speaking 'Engrish" so he always uses a translator. Plus a translator can convey things that probably would have been missed in his own translation.

If you notice, the translator speaks almost perfect English and I presume he speaks perfect Japanese too, so it's easier to understand the translator than Kaz.

People keep saying that Kaz and his team should come to these boards and listen to our complaints and suggestions. All I can say is I hope they don't cause if they read this thread, KAZ would be pissed.

PD reads GTplanet and they have incorporated most things wanted for GT5. And made them add 1:1 steering animation(at least i like to think so :))

That jag is simply the most desirable car in the world, because almost no one drove it and it never raced seriously. When I was 8' my dad gave me a book which featured the most exciting cars in the last decades, and that XJ13 one of my favourites.

It's good to see kaz driving some european supercars and classics, so he can put more effort in featuring more european classic cars in the next GT games, because accept or not, europe produced and still produces, the jewels of the crown for motoring enthusiasts, and I really missed them in the previous games. 👍

Latest Posts

Back