Kazunori Yamauchi tweets!

• Thread starter alba
  • 6,425 comments
How do you class me a newb for not understanding a different language .....do you know Russian ?

no, I used a translator. But seriously, you're asking if there are cupholders? Let's try to ask Kaz about things a bit more important than if our driver is going to have a place to put his coke...as if you'd have a coke while you're racing against 15 other cars, anyway.

no, I used a translator. But seriously, you're asking if there are cupholders? Let's try to ask Kaz about things a bit more important than if our driver is going to have a place to put his coke...as if you'd have a coke while you're racing against 15 other cars, anyway.

Thanks for that , obviously the stab at light hearted banter I tried to make fell on deaf ears 👍

As he promised me Darin asked PD Producer the right question about the cockpit view he did not get the right answer though here is Darin's email to me:

Darin Gangi to me
19:02

Looks like they will not have cockpits. I specifically asked the "Associate Producer" we interviewed and he wouldn't give us a specific comment. I also went to the break out session and they mentioned the premiums would have interiors and standards they didn't say wouldn't, but didn't say that they would.

Not looking good though at the moment for the 800 standard cars.. I will try to get a definite answer from my Sony rep..

As I dont know the language ,what does it say .For all we know we could be calling Kaz's wife a fat ugly woman ......no offense meant :sly:

Don't worry, I know the language and even I can't figure out much of it.
The only word which makes sense to me there is "cup holder".
Grammer is all f:ed up, no punctuation and what the hell does he mean by "We need a place to put the Stigma juice"... 笑

For real?

Yes I dont care if the 800 cars dont have cockpit view. I use bonnett (Hood) view anyway. I will be happy with what I get in GT5 and I wont be whining if there 2D trees , No skid marks , No Tyre Smoke or whatever you people are crying about.

The only word which makes sense to me there is "cup holder".
Grammer is all f:ed up, no punctuation and what the hell does he mean by "We need a place to put the Stigma juice"... 笑
LMAO @ Stimga Juice

As I dont know the language ,what does it say .For all we know we could be calling Kaz's wife a fat ugly woman ......no offense meant :sly:

What do you take me for? Some type of hooligan?

Somebody post this to his twitter page:

どのようにもカップホルダーですプレミアム車のモデル?スティグは彼のスティグジュースを置く場所が必要です。

Did you write that in english first and then throw it into a translator to get the japanese characters?
You do know that japanese doesn't work like that right, and you'll get a more messed up translation than almost any other language.

I think Kaz is asleep, at the moment. I mean it's almost 4:40pm here, so it must be around 4-5am in Japan. I'm sure he'll be up soon, though, to answer more questions and work on GT5.

Did you write that in english first and then throw it into a translator to get the japanese characters?
You do know that japanese doesn't work like that right, and you'll get a more messed up translation than almost any other language.

No, it makes perfect sense.

not really, I used babylon and it only was able to translate part of the message, but enough of it for me to understand what you were trying to ask.

I'm thinking standard cars will also have detailed interior just not the rest of the car like engine bay and underside drivetrain plus suspensionbits. So as it will not have detachable panels when damaged and will probally not rollover too show that it is not a completely finished car. That would probably the least amout of details missing I think 'cuz it really wouldn't make sense if they already implemented interior cockpit view in prolouge and then suddenly its incomplete in the full version. Plus it would make sense since they mentioned that the blueray disc was almost full. Then the first thing to take out from the game would be details that would be hardly of any use and that would be more data of cars we wouldn't be ussing or racing the most and want to see full damage.

Last edited:
I'm thinking standard cars will also have detailed interior just not the rest of the car like engine bay and underside drivetrain plus suspensionbits. So as it will not have detachable panels when damage and will probally not rollover too show that it is not a completely finished car.

One of the videos shown on the site already showed a car flipping with a blank, black, bottom. which suggest all cars will be able to rollover. (Again, it'd be weird to have two cars hit the same spot and one does a barrel roll and the other car does the stupid GT4 "wave" thing.

I also think that yeah, standard cars might not have the engines and stuff, but they won't have the incredibly detailed interior that the premium cars do. Probably more of a generic interior or one that just look like we Americans built it. (must...resist...Chevy joke)

One of the videos shown on the site already showed a car flipping with a blank, black, bottom.
No, it showed the ASL flipping which has a pretty blank undercarriage like that in real too, like many racecars.

no, I used a translator. But seriously, you're asking if there are cupholders? Let's try to ask Kaz about things a bit more important than if our driver is going to have a place to put his coke...as if you'd have a coke while you're racing against 15 other cars, anyway.[/QUOTE]

hahahaha. nice. I see what you did there: you posted a coke commercial that's completely unreal to make it seem like I don't know what I'm talking about. Good one.

Accordingly to his twitter though, there might be no time to make a demo version of the game.

Right. It's strange by the way, they already have several demo available...
CES 2010, Nurburgring, Le Mans and E3.
It should be just a matter of distribution, it should not have an impact on PD...

This is assume the demos shown weren't on discs....which they probably were. And the size of the demo might be too big for a DLC. Like the E3 demo had a plethora of tracks and Premium cars. It was a pretty massive demo. I don't think it'd be that easy to compress it down for a DL demo on PSN. And besides, then you've got to get permission from Sony...and the game's not finished yet...and...I think Kaz is right: no time for a demo. We can wait five months....well...four and a half, technically.

[Sacracm] Nah we can get a demo now and wait longer because there will be another delay because some people dont have the patience top wait a few months. [/Sarcasm]

Weve waited 5 years whats another four and a half months? Some of you guys are pure cry babies who think PD owe you things yopu want in the game just because its been five years in development. Get over yourselves We dont care if you wont buy the game. If you dont buy the game it will make it easier for us who are buying the game get a copy of the game when its released.

Back