Killer Instinct [Xbox One]

United States
Alabama
Horobi-Scorpion
God does answer prayers.

This, and actually NEW Guilty Gear!? FIGHTING GAME HEAVEN is upon us. Now all I need is a new Street Fighter (yea, that won't happen anytime soon). lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Instinct_(2013_video_game)

Simply called "Killer Instinct". It is not known if this is a remake, or sequel to the second game. Anyway, I am very happy right now. Here's hoping a re-release in HD for the original two. And not the ports on the SNES and Gold on the N64, but the real arcade releases with the wonderful FMV and high resolution renders.

Glacius vs Jago Direct Feed Gameplay Evo 2013

Sabrewulf Character Profile Evo 2013

Jago Character Profile Evo 2013

Glacius Character Profile Evo 2013

When I was into fighting games in high school I loved this game. Orchid was my favorite character. Too bad I am not into these types of games anymore.

Loved the very first KI, the one on SNES. KI2 didn't look as nice and it still doesn't today. The drastic change of appearance in characters is a bit hard to swallow.

So many quarters dumped into the arcade cabinet on this.
Sadly, i wont be able to play this one.

Glacius' zoning attacks looked awesome. Being able to control distance like that, and having the option to bring them in or push them back is killer. He's like Space/Mecha Dhalsim or something. Good to see Double Helix taking different routes with established characters. Those risk could very well pay off on pongterm playability.

Dissapointed at the "Reveal" of the new character at EVO, however. It's Chief Thunder, but showing just a quick clip off his Axe was such a let down. Should have shown the character in game, even if it was brief.

And where's my Orchid and Fulgore? :)

Now SHE is interesting! Can't wait to find out who she is, leaning towards brand new character. Beautiful model, too.

I tried the Evo build and I was hooked. Granted that I didn't know how to do anything and kept on losing to a Glacious player who made it on stream. Although,Microsoft bought Rare.
In September 24, 2002, the company was wholly purchased by Microsoft and has since focused on developing games exclusively for Microsoft video game consoles. Rare since then has developed Kameo: Elements of Power, the Viva Piñata series, and the Kinect Sports series, among others. On 2 January 2007, founders Tim and Chris Stamper left the company to pursue "other opportunities". Rare's current Studio Creative Director is Simon Woodroffe, who previously worked at several studios including Midway Games, Ubisoft, and Sega.

I thought this was a Nintendo franchise... Wasn't it made by Rare which was first party owned?

Microsoft bought Rare in 2002. Rare owns all the IP for the games it created (KI, Conker, Banjo) but not for those created from Nintendo IP (Donkey Kong, Star Fox).

The Spider woman looking character is very interesting. Reminds me of Reptile from Mortal Combat.

Microsoft bought Rare in 2002. Rare owns all the IP for the games it created (KI, Conker, Banjo) but not for those created from Nintendo IP (Donkey Kong, Star Fox).
Exactly why I wouldn't be surprised to see the Timesplitters series come to the X1.
Exclusives really mean nothing anymore. In fact they haven't in many years. Anything is possible these days.

Killer instincts had great soundtrack. I wish this one had it too.

killer-instinct-soundtrack-killer-cuts_MLC-F-4131243213_042013.jpg

Really impressed with Double Helix. I had doubts but they've really thought of the subtle things. Very fast franetic, satisfying sound effects. Just really blends well with the art style. I was expecting a crude run of the mill type affair or perhaps half done good the other half sloppy.

I'm not keen on the amount of content but I guess they'll be some KI complete edition by the time I get the new Xbox.

So when does the new 900p update go live and the new characters? I already own the Season 2 pack but as of yesterday I saw TJ Combo and Maya playable but only in certain modes. Story modes are locked, says to check back in later in the season.

Back