Koenigsegg Agera R

• Thread starter LP670-4 SV
  • 190 comments
This is the successor. The body will remain similar, but there's a lot of new tech. in the car. The CCX ran on a twin-supercharged 4.7 V8 whilst the Agera runs on a new twin turbocharged 5.0 V8.

Still Ford-based I presume? :D

Koenigsegg's V8 was developed in-house, starting with the one in the CCX, but it was based on the Ford engine used in the CC8S and CCR. This one looks to be an upgraded version.

Koenigsegg's V8 was developed in-house, starting with the one in the CCX, but it was based on the Ford engine used in the CC8S and CCR. This one looks to be an upgraded version.

So still Ford-based.

Not a Ford engine but derived from it. You won't see me going around saying my Thunderbird has a Koenigsegg engine even though they're somewhat related. :P

Really? I thought the T-bird (at least the mid-2000s version) had the 4.0L boat anchor, as opposed to the 4.6L Mustang V8 that the Koenigsegg engine is based off of.

Really? I thought the T-bird (at least the mid-2000s version) had the 4.0L boat anchor, as opposed to the 4.6L Mustang V8 that the Koenigsegg engine is based off of.

Mine's a '94 with an NPI 4.6 SOHC. So it's still a mod motor (which the Koenigsegg motor is based on) just... 205hp of FURIOUS ANGER. Also technically the Koenigsegg engine is based off the Mustang Cobra/Mark VIII engine (DOHC) rather than the SOHC version used in everything ever including the Mustang GT.

Why not fit the Koenigsegg engine into your Thunderbird? :)
I think it'd make a good drag car!

Because it's cheaper and easier to just use a '93-8 Mark VIII motor as a core, add good crank/rods/pistons, and boost the hell out of it.

Oh and MN12s are ridiculously heavy. 3725lbs for a V8 model. Would be much more cost-effective to just start with a Fox Mustang.

The mexican dagger thing was supposed to have like 3000hp and do a bazillion miles per nanosecond, but I havet heard a thing about it since last year.

Yes except this car is already made and Koenigsegg made a response to the rumor but they didnt say it wasnt true or said those numbers are made up...

Fine Fine Maybe I should just change the title how about that?

Can I?

Nah, we get it, just janking your chains a bit. News like this is always a bit frowned upon, as we can claim anything, without backing it up.

They should test it, and then claim it.

Yes but there still isn't a thread on the new Agera. I just hope it beats the record that would be awesome. Also I don't think that rumor is that crazy. Sounds legitly possible! :)

Lamborghini kept saying it every time they upgraded it.

Miura can go about 170? Countach prototype (and thus the initial LP400, even though it had a smaller engine) can go 200.

LP400S? That one can go 200.

LP500? Yep. 200.

Testarossa goes 180? LP5000S QV can go 200.

512TR can go 190? 25th Anniversary can go 200.

Suffice to say, it couldn't. Not even close, especially since most people bought them with the spoiler on the back.

Last edited:
Quickly looking at numbers I found on the internet, with 800 hp the CCX claimed 244 mph.

(800/(244^3))*(273^3) = 1120 hp.

So it just might make it.

Latest Posts

Back