Lamborghini Aventador Review

United States
United States
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700 Verdict:

Ah, Lamborghini. How you always love to split me in two. The Aventador is...confusing... I never quite understood what role it played. With 690 horsepower, it's more powerful than anything else in it's category such as Ferrari and McLaren but...it lacks the sophistication they bring. You'd think with the new engine they developed for this car and the F-1 style push rod suspension teamed with the 4WD it'd be an outstanding car in this game but the truth is, it's not. Stock it's not bad to drive. It's fun, fast, and just an absolute joy to drive and of course to look at but add horsepower, drop weight, and add a body kit to make it even more menacing the thing becomes practically horrendous to drive. After adding a few horsepower you're going to do one of two things on this car: make it understeer (thanks to it's 4WD) or make it oversteer (thanks to it still being a big heavy Lambo). Sometimes if you're lucky you can get both. It's like the old Murcielago 640. You have grip right up until the very end where you push it too hard and you just lose it completely. Granted this isn't as profound as in the Murcielago as it is in the Aventador and you'd have to add a few horsepower to notice it quite often but the point of these cars is so that you save hundreds of thousands of credits in B class so you have them to use right up into i-b, i-a class which is why I just simply cannot recommend this car for anyone to buy and use it in this way.

Value: Coming in at 400k on the dot, for it's horsepower you get a lot for your money but you're only getting the horsepower. Handling and tunability gets thrown out the window as soon as you step on the gas and hit 60 in 2.2 seconds. I've bought this car and used it for many races and it's only real opponent I've had trouble beating was the McLaren MP4-12C. The 12C is cheaper and will probably be a better buy if you're looking to tune cars and race with them but if you want the most fun wrapped in a car that's fast and easy to handle at stock, the Aventador is the car for you.

As requested by ALB123

-Would like to point out that I've used the Aventador as my main supercar in GT6 so please excuse me if I am a bit biased but I feel I know more about this car since I've used it longer than the others I've reviewed so far.

Follow the original thread to get instant updates on cars I've reviewed and even suggest one for me to write! :https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/premium-vehicle-reviews-anyone.313334/#post-9884044

Back