GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know despite there's only 1 lead designer it doesn't mean the others is sidelined and in the end we'll take some sort of styling from every design posted here for the final concept so it's not really a one man job beside... If the lead designer is a bit selfish (although I absolutely doubt that) I'll take the responsibility as the project manager/organizer, remember guys no selfishness is more important than team effort :D

You know despite there's only 1 lead designer it doesn't mean the others is sidelined and in the end we'll take some sort of styling from every design posted here for the final concept so it's not really a one man job beside... If the lead designer is a bit selfish (although I absolutely doubt that) I'll take the responsibility as the project manager/organizer, remember guys no selfishness is more important than team effort :D
:)

I think, surely, if one lead designer is selfish, they should make way for the second highest designer, no?

We put all of our existing designs in a vote. In a new thread and the community gets to vote on their favorite cars out of all existing designs. Then we take the top design and take the pros and cons from each other and the users of GTP and as a team we suggest new designs with community feedback. :) Then we vote again, take the top designs... repeat...

that would make it a true GTP VGT. And when we seem happy with it. We take the final vote. We have to take a poll that has to have a minimum of 100 votes with 80% of the community saying that they like it. :)
I think this is a pretty good idea.

I think if we do a good job that it will deserve to be in GT. :) I don't think it's pure fantasy.

No matter how good a job we do, Polyphony owes us nothing really.. They never asked us to design a community based concept, in the first place. As enjoyable as the project/exercise is, i feel some of us may be building ourselves up only for some disappointment..

However, if we do a good job, and our community idea/design gets noticed or even acknowledged by the people in control of such things, i'll be a very happy person indeed. Anything beyond that, and i'd be super happy. :)

We put all of our existing designs in a vote. In a new thread and the community gets to vote on their favorite cars out of all existing designs. Then we take the top design and take the pros and cons from each other and the users of GTP and as a team we suggest new designs with community feedback. :) Then we vote again, take the top designs... repeat...

that would make it a true GTP VGT. And when we seem happy with it. We take the final vote. We have to take a poll that has to have a minimum of 100 votes with 80% of the community saying that they like it. :)
This is a very good idea.

I don't think i'll be attempting a model myself at the moment.. Too much effort at these early stages, i'll see whether i get through the first round of polls before i commit myself to something of that nature.

Still need to polish the edges around the windows, but this is the general style I have in mind.

newd11.png

Quirky.com uses a very successful process for their "Community Product Development" website. They have hundreds of product ideas submitted to them weekly and in some cases hundreds of community members have given input into a single product that Quirky then brings to market for sale. They use a phased approach with Community Member Votes at each Phase. .....Concept Design, Mechanical Design, Aesthetic Design, Product Materials, Product Colors, Product Naming, etc. The responsibilities of Quirky's own assigned internal "Industrial Designer" seems to be what is needed for the responsibilities of the volunteer "Lead Designer" that is being considered for election here. It might be worth taking a look at what Quirky does in order to help define some things going forward here. Again, I applaud all of the efforts here thus far.

.....:gtpflag:

Wow, I'm gone for a few days and the thread takes off...anyway, I'm still here and will be watching the thread, but I won't be posting as much because at this point I don't have much to contribute.

Quirky.com uses a very successful process for their "Community Product Development" website. They have hundreds of product ideas submitted to them weekly and in some cases hundreds of community members have given input into a single product that Quirky then brings to market for sale. They use a phased approach with Community Member Votes at each Phase. .....Concept Design, Mechanical Design, Aesthetic Design, Product Materials, Product Colors, Product Naming, etc. The responsibilities of Quirky's own assigned internal "Industrial Designer" seems to be what is needed for the responsibilities of the volunteer "Lead Designer" that is being considered for election here. It might be worth taking a look at what Quirky does in order to help define some things going forward here. Again, I applaud all of the efforts here thus far.

.....:gtpflag:

I'll have a look at that website

Wow, I'm gone for a few days and the thread takes off...anyway, I'm still here and will be watching the thread, but I won't be posting as much because at this point I don't have much to contribute.

You should join us designing :D

Has anybody seen the list of people who worked on the respective VGT cars in GT6? We should assign people with those positions, if possible 👍

Back