GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The glasshouse didn't really work so I'm remodeling the top of the car. It's starting to look like something now.

newd12.png

Here it is as a clay model.
clay1.png
clay2.png
clay3.png

My opinion so far is that it looks pretty good from the side view. From the back it's okay. From the top it's a bit blocky and the cockpit needs to be wider. I think a good solution would be to make the lines that run from the front curve out a bit. That would leave more room for the windshield to be a little wider. The front is... well, I haven't even started with it.

Last edited:
The glasshouse didn't really work so I'm remodeling the top of the car. It's starting to look like something now.

View attachment 276804

View attachment 276877 View attachment 276878 View attachment 276879

My opinion so far is that it looks pretty good from the side view. From the back it's okay. From the top it's a bit blocky and the cockpit needs to be wider. I think a good solution would be to make the lines that run from the front curve out a bit. That would leave more room for the windshield to be a little wider. The front is... well, I haven't even started with it.
Yeah the side view is awesome. Reminds me of an Aston. :)

View attachment 276804

View attachment 276877 View attachment 276878 View attachment 276879

Yep, looking good with hints of Ferrari, Porsche and Aston. Nice work.

@LosCules24SFA how's the poll coming along? Are we still waiting on submissions?

Last update for tonight: The cockpit is wider and is now in better proportion to the rest of the body. The hood has been raised a bit. The front doesn't look like a dead rat anymore. Some mesh issues around the front wheel arch has been fixed as well.

clay5 copy.png

Guys do we want our VGT car to be a GTPlanet one or as the whole fans of GT6? If we pick option two, I'll make another thread in other forums and connect it to here

I suggest just GTPlanet, the rest of the GT6 fanbase is kinda......:scared:
:lol: I have to agree with you there :) :lol::gtpflag::gtplanet:

Last update for tonight: The cockpit is wider and is now in better proportion to the rest of the body. The hood has been raised a bit. The front doesn't look like a dead rat anymore. Some mesh issues around the front wheel arch has been fixed as well.

View attachment 277244
Try to keep the front end low. The car will have more downforce and less drag. Increasing performance in every category. The BMW Z4 GT gets complaints from it's drivers for being slow on the straights and unstable at times. It's because the nose of the Z4 was poorly designed (aerodynamically) it's functionality (engine bay) is good though and it looks cool.

Last edited:
Whoohoo.. I've found something. We are on the right way. Small vehicle. City car sizes, supercar performances ; We are going for K4-GP ; Keicar superclass car in Japan !

Build your own racingcar in Japan ;

I feel like that would change a whole lot of stuff...

Why? Only thing 'to do' is to Vision about how a new (next-gen) K4-GP would look like, would drive like and would sound like. As far as I've seen, there are no hybrids yet in K4GP? Or a car that could lean somehow in corners and/or with aerodynamics for fast cornering and hard braking?

All kind of stuff, this is just a nice platform to go nuts with our own vision for a K4-GP and somewhere to honour those people who've build so many epic racing cars in this unique class. It's more for inspiration than going officially by regulations, like te RedBulls, like the 2X - Make something without any boundaries.

Personally I think coordinating a GTP project will be enough of a challenge, without working with other groups. In saying that, no harm in putting an invite to other groups to join GTP and get involved.

Not what I meant, but aren't those machines smaller than that of a city car?
Depends on the part of the world, in Japan Kei-cars are city cars, in America it may be a Chevy Volt, in the UK, they're Fiat 500 to Fiat Panda sizes.

It's varied.

And what exactly did you mean?

Depends on the part of the world, in Japan Kei-cars are city cars, in America it may be a Chevy Volt, in the UK, they're Fiat 500 to Fiat Panda sizes.

It's varied.

And what exactly did you mean?
I think he meant that the design entries would be a lot different...

I think he meant that the design entries would be a lot different...
And what I meant was, good as they are, most of the current designs pick and choose parts of the poll to follow, raising the question of the point of it as it is weak enough for large loopholes in terms of size (which I did exploit at one point) and engine sizes (remember the twin engined Stratos idea?) and nobody even acknowledges its existence and one person has called it out when I submitted my idea.

Great to see the poll up and running, but what happened to @legacyMACHINE s design, it doesn't appear to be in the poll.

That was a tough vote, i was torn between 3 different ideas, but i think i made the right decision.

Quick update pic of my WIP Giga-Kart. Decided on using a slightly more basic form for this version (still need to add the aero and little details though.

Back