GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks. đź‘Ť There's nothing wrong with your computer drawing skills. For all of us there's always room for improvement. (I really need to learn some 3D modeling).

Thanks. đź‘Ť There's nothing wrong with your computer drawing skills. For all of us there's always room for improvement. (I really need to learn some 3D modeling).
You haven't seen it :lol:

I actually look forward to starting a fresh from square one again, (if it does come to that). It'll give a chance to new designers and new ideas from new contributors. It's also very good for our existing team, as i think we've already got a feel for how we can approach this thing. *Fingers crossed that @Jordan will have some good news for us in the future*

For the time being, i'm going to carry on posting sketches/ideas.

Decided to work on this one a bit. Tried to neaten it up a bit and try a few adjustments. Though i fear it may have lost some of it's charm.

Original:

It's still a work in progress (but not too much more to do). After iv'e finished this version, i'll do an adjusted one, that's more sympathetic to @787bcgr newest design.

New:

Holographic headlights? :lol:

I'm kind of happy about the idea of starting over and freeing up the thread to more ideas. I've spent the last few days trying to come up with a viable powertrain and let's just say I know why cars don't use 2 strokes haha.

I'll share my thoughts every now and then and see if I can come up with something good.

It has no headlights as yet. Holographic headlights? Don't know how well that would work, but i like the idea. đź‘Ť

I really like the new design, the proportions make the car look really small. I think integrating the headlights into the front wheel arches like an LMP car would be cool.

Yeah, i like the idea of LMP lights. The car is tiny, i'm thinking maybe a smaller engine than a V4 would fit better. Perhaps (turbo charged) Honda Fireblade, or Suzuki Hayabusa bike engined, either that or a small capacity rotory.

Last edited:
Yeah, i like the idea of LMP lights. The car is tiny, i'm thinking maybe a smaller engine than a V4 would fit better. Perhaps Honda Fireblade, or Suzuki Hayabusa bike engined, either that or a small capacity rotory.

For the rotory idea, a 2 rotor from the RX7 FC fits into the engine bay of a Suzuki cappuccino, so that could probobally work in our vgt i'd say.

Yeah, i like the idea of LMP lights. The car is tiny, i'm thinking maybe a smaller engine than a V4 would fit better. Perhaps (turbo charged) Honda Fireblade, or Suzuki Hayabusa bike engined, either that or a small capacity rotory.

I've been thinking about a bike engine for the car. Taking a bike engine and combining it with an electric motor could make for a baby version of the LaFerrari powertrain. Using the electric motor to add low end torque.

For the rotory idea, a 2 rotor from the RX7 FC fits into the engine bay of a Suzuki cappuccino, so that could probobally work in our vgt i'd say.

No joke, when looking at this project, the entire thing, I was like "I remember seeing a 13b Cappuccino.... that was pretty damn crazy!"

EDIT: I drew something again!

e8f4bdc1b935b22669ea662f275717ca_zpse424ae56.jpg

Last edited:
I'm actually open to idea of starting over...
Same here, though i'm still really keen on the Kei car sized brief that we've all been working to. The reason for this is that the other options (original poll) were... well a bit boring to be honest, it's kind of all been done before ( mega engined super car/hyper car). I felt the Kei car option would add the most fun to the game, (a) because of the possible power to weight ratios, and (b) because of their diminutive size, they'd essentially double the racing playground of the existing tracks (very much like the in-game Go-karts, only more powerful). Personally, if i had everything my own way, we'd all be designing powered racing mech suits (even smaller than what we're doing at the moment).

But whatever happens, i'm sure we'll all embrace a new set of guidelines to work to.

@titleguy1 Great sketch đź‘Ť Is that the parachute idea that @YukinoSuzuka suggested? if so you've implemented it quite well, it looks as though the 2 triangle shapes could pivot open, with some flexible material attached at the bottom, creating an air-brake.

Or that motor out of the new Kawasaki H2R and blow flames.

Another option for a powertrain I've come across is in wheel motors. Producing 95hp in each wheel, not sure if it's right for this project but interesting technology. Electronics also provide stability control and torque vectoring to assist steering along with regenerative braking.

Or that motor out of the new Kawasaki H2R and blow flames.

Another option for a powertrain I've come across is in wheel motors. Producing 95hp in each wheel, not sure if it's right for this project but interesting technology. Electronics also provide stability control and torque vectoring to assist steering along with regenerative braking.

I actually drew some in-wheel electric motors, on the front wheels of that pic on the previous page. I was thinking a short burst of high rpm whilst steering, could be beneficial to the cornering.

Oh, and yes to the Kawasaki engine too. đź‘Ť

Same here, though i'm still really keen on the Kei car sized brief that we've all been working to. The reason for this is that the other options (original poll) were... well a bit boring to be honest, it's kind of all been done before ( mega engined super car/hyper car). I felt the Kei car option would add the most fun to the game, (a) because of the possible power to weight ratios, and (b) because of their diminutive size, they'd essentially double the racing playground of the existing tracks (very much like the in-game Go-karts, only more powerful). Personally, if i had everything my own way, we'd all be designing powered racing mech suits (even smaller than what we're doing at the moment).

But whatever happens, i'm sure we'll all embrace a new set of guidelines to work to.

@titleguy1 Great sketch đź‘Ť Is that the parachute idea that @YukinoSuzuka suggested? if so you've implemented it quite well, it looks as though the 2 triangle shapes could pivot open, with some flexible material attached at the bottom, creating an air-brake.

Thanks!
Those triangle things... Weeeelll... It COULD be parachutes...

But those were intended to be exhausts :P

Thanks!
Those triangle things... Weeeelll... It COULD be parachutes...

But those were intended to be exhausts :P
Ohh, what i'm seeing makes sense now. (wasn't referring to the exhausts under the rear lights). I was thinking the stability fin (present in 2 of the 3 sketches), was actually a triangular bit of rear window, with 2 fins that pivot open, either side of that triangle (back view). And in the side view they appear to be in the upright/open position. I can't really tell that the fin is present in the 3D view sketch, hence why i thought it was a clever parachute/air-brake system. đź‘Ť

[EDIT]

Did a really quick adjustment to the car on the previous page, to better reflect 787's latest design. It's really rough and not finished yet, but i'm not sure it works as well as the previous iteration, (a bit too Mazda or Pagani for my liking). Though i'm guessing it's just a lack of me understanding his sketches (again).

New:

Previous:

Last edited:
Ohh, what i'm seeing makes sense now. (wasn't referring to the exhausts under the rear lights). I was thinking the stability fin (present in 2 of the 3 sketches), was actually a triangular bit of rear window, with 2 fins that pivot open, either side of that triangle (back view). And in the side view they appear to be in the upright/open position. I can't really tell that the fin is present in the 3D view sketch, hence why i thought it was a clever parachute/air-brake system. đź‘Ť

[EDIT]

Did a really quick adjustment to the car on the previous page, to better reflect 787's latest design. It's really rough and not finished yet, but i'm not sure it works as well as the previous iteration, (a bit too Mazda or Pagani for my liking). Though i'm guessing it's just a lack of me understanding his sketches (again).

New:

Previous:

Are those red discs inside the wheels brakes?

[EDIT]

New:

Previous:

I like the new one better
Edit: It's like a LaFerrari and the Giga-Kart had a baby. My only complaint is the wheels

Last edited:
Are those red discs inside the wheels brakes?
Electric motor.

I like the new one better
Edit: It's like a LaFerrari and the Giga-Kart had a baby. My only complaint is the wheels
The wheels would be an easy fix. I see what you mean about the LaFerrari, but i'd rather it didn't look like other cars, though it seems unavoidable really..

Seeing how there's a possibility we maybe going back to the first stages again, i thought i'd share another quick crappy sketch of my 'Race-suit' idea (some may remember it from before).

I know many aren't convinced about its viability, and i admit it is quite wacky, but i think it would add a completely new and fun driving experience to the GT franchise.

New crappy unfinished sketch:

It really is quite hard for me to draw, but in my head it's as clear as day (just going to take me some time to put it down properly). The whole thing weighs approximately 300kg with around 200hp. It has a bike engine mounted behind the driver (just infront the rear tyre) and has 2 small electric motors in the front wheels (batteries are in the leg bits).
I know there are some concerns about crash protection.. Under hard braking the suit leans back (feet first position), though really i need to do working drawings to properly explain.
You'd be able to tune the toe-in/toe-out and other things, which i think will be quite interesting.

Just imagine rallying it, flying over jumps and bumps, or carving it around a classic track like Citta Di Aria (if we ever see that one again).

Anyway, i'll leave it at that, as i feel i'm waffling now, trying really hard to sell you all the idea.

[EDIT]

I guess it's kind of like this but a lot more extreme and focused.

2007 Toyota i-REAL :

Toyota-future-urban-mobility-concept-car-design-i-ROAD-PM-i-unit-i-Swing-i-REAL-2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, what do you think of the idea of electrochromic headlights? Like, when it's not being used, the headlight covers would turn solid and match the colour of the VGT's exterior, and vice versa when being used, all in a flick of a switch.

Think of it as a reboot of the classic up-down headlights :lol:

How would that work? Can it turn into any colour?

Here's an idea I had about the roofline: it could end with a little spoiler in the rear.

spoiler.jpg

I think I'd like to make the car look a bit like all of these combined:

The Pics are broken!?
:grumpy: :gtplanet:
boost.jpg

So, basically you could go to GT Auto and select from the Other menu what kit you wanted, so; Off-Road, Oval, Track, Rally.

Last edited:
Back