Let's talk about the Formula GT

AlligatorMike

(Banned)
United States
United States
AlligatorMike
I like to drive the fgt with racing hard tires and no driving aids. With this setup 1st gear is completely useless, which pretty much makes it a 6-speed which is fine because I think 6 is the perfect number of gears. Even with the lowest possible gears that the transmission will allow it will not launch or do anything but burn the tires in 1st gear. On every track I've tried it was 1+ second faster with traction control turned on. This leads me to the conclusion that it is meant to be driven with traction control turned on. There is no animation for changing gears which also leads me to believe it is meant to be driven with automatic transmission. Not really a big deal though I will still drive it with manual trans anyways. How do some of you folks out there like to drive your fgt, and how do you set it up?

I'll post my setup for anybody who wants to know. Any feedback would be nice.

This is my setup for Monza. Works the best with traction control turned on.

Tires: Racing Hard
Traction Control: 0
Abs: 0
Skid Recovery: Off
Steering Sensitivity: 5

PP: 884
HP: 935
Weight: 550kg

Downforce: 700 front - 900 rear
Brakes: 4 front - 4 rear
Ride height: 35 front - 40 rear
Spring rate: 20.00 front - 16.00 rear
Compression: 7 front - 7 rear
Extension: 7 front - 7 rear
Roll bars: 3 front - 3 rear
Camber: 0
Toe: -0.10 front +0.20 rear
LSD: 5 initial - 15 accel - 10 decel

Transmission: set the final gear to 5.500
set the max speed to 236mph
1st: 4.419
2nd: 3.028
3rd: 2.233
4th: 1.800
5th: 1.488
6th: 1.268
7th: 1.104
Final: 4.650

Last edited:
There is no animation for changing gears which also leads me to believe it is meant to be driven with automatic transmission. Not really a big deal though I will still drive it with manual trans anyways. How do some of you folks out there like to drive your fgt, and how do you set it up?
Next time you drive the FGT, watch the fingers of the driver, it should be a paddle shift style. Also, the traction control issue could possibly be dealt with by having better throttle control, but I haven't driven it so I am not sure. Looks good. :)

So I just noticed if you read the car info it says the most advanced electronic driver aids have also been implemented: ABS, TCS, launch control and even EBD for optimized braking capabilities have all been incorporated. So all this stuff comes standard. Makes sense now. Does anybody know how the launch control functions?

Last edited:
Like any car in GT, it's faster without traction control. But since it has so much power, it's going to be hard to master the throttle.

Back