Click here to convert 3:00 GMT/UTC to your local time

Times:
Bronze: 11:00.000
Silver: 9:35.000
Gold: 9:20.000

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.80,000
Silver: Cr.130,000
Gold: Cr.200,000 + Arancia Metallic Orange paint chip.

Courtesy car: Lexus IS F CCS-R '11.
Tires: RH, Specs: 519 PP/417 HP/--KG.

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.
Brake Bias is set to 5/5, not adjustable via RA menu.

Tunes:
Not Applicable to event.

Course Conditions:
Time: 01:32
Precipitation: 0%
Track: Nürburgring 24H

Nurburgring24H_Track.jpg

Onboard Nürburgring Nordschleife - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Guided Lap)
Join Porsche works driver Sascha Maassen for a guided lap around legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife in a Porsche 911 GT3 Cup-car.

The video has been produced by Porsche AG in preparation for the Porsche Carrera World Cup-race on June the 25th 2011.​

Lexus IS F CCS-R Overview and Track Test w/Ken Gushi

----------------------------------------------
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
— Ayrton Senna

Last edited:
I had a good run going. The car felt alright. A little more understeery than I'd like, but aside from those really tight corners after the start that are a bit of a pain to deal with anyway, there weren't any corners along the track that made me curse the car's handling. I was enjoying myself, driving the 'Ring, something I hadn't done in a while. I was flying through it and knew for a fact that I was going to get gold.

Then, right on Galgenkoph, I turn in too early, nail the curb, upset the balance of the car and nail the guardrail on the other side of the track, ending my lap. I try again and again, only to screw up on corners that I easily flew by on the first run. I'm taking a break from this, and I'll probably try again tomorrow. Such a disappointing stride-breaker though.

I did find it kinda funny that there's a whole mess of spectators camping out on the side of the track to watch one car do one lap of the track though. Just randomly occurred to me when I was passing through the opening section of the Nordschleife.

This is gonna be interesting to see how close I get to the TT winner, it's usually been 1s. per 1min that I leave on the track compared to the winner :crazy:. What I really hope, that is not indeed 7-8 secs this time :D

Managed a 9:17.039. There is definitly room for improvement.. Gonna see if i can scrub off some more time.

I'm more than delighted with this TT. At least a TT in the Nüburgring 24h circuit. I know where I'm going to spend all my time in the game... Thank you PD, great combination of car and track! and in the week of the 24 hours of Nürburgring. Also, the 1.09 patch came with the correction in the way the car deals with the curbs, so it came just in time for this TT.

Disqualified three times. I don't know how you people go full throttle around some of these damn corners.

First DQ was 6 minutes in. That was almost enough to discourage me completely.

If it was Suzuka, I would dominate. Nurb is just too freaking long. Too tense.

Does anyone else tighten up and sweat and find it hard to breathe while racing?

Disqualified three times. I don't know how you people go full throttle around some of these damn corners.

Then, imagine how tough it is in real life...

That is something I fell in love with Nürb. A difficult track, and for extra challenge it's very long.

A few disqualifies with competent laps, but so far i got 2 times, one 9:30 and then 9:24.6-ish. I'll have to shoot for that gold sometime later, but for now that'll have to do. Really like this TT tho 👍

Too long, too demanding for too little reward. The out-of-track disqualification is really unneccessary in my opinion. There wasn't any in the GT40 event, why put one here? Just put the damn cones in the potential cut areas like in the formentioned event and that settles it. Even if it was only for placebo effect, it'd be bloody easier not to think about getting off the track while pushing hard on minute 9. Tried a couple of times, a few DQ's, finally did a complete lap to find out I'm way too slow for gold. Fear of DQ slows me down.
Not worth the trouble.

Not as difficult as I thought, got gold by 10 seconds on my second attempt. First try it did a wheelie and went off the track, I made note never to touch a curb again. Amazes me how bad that car handles with whatever setup PD have on it for the seasonal compared to the way it can handle. I bought one yesterday, messed about with it for a bit and it's a really predictable, neutral car.

Both events are because of this weekends real races. But the Lexus is definitely not my fav-car. There would have been more attractive cars for me as we have seen them in today´s qualifying, like the R8, the Astons or the SLS.

Back