Lexus LFA Non-Racing Cars Super Lap - Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit

• Thread starter et_
  • 293 comments
Down to 1'28.673 for 44th place atm.

@PTQV Glad the tips are working for you. 👍 Keep at it and don't give up my friend. :cheers:

EDIT: Down to 1'28.549 now....40th atm. Chippin' away at it.....

EDIT: 1'28.421, 31st. :D I think I got this figured out. I have a super lose setup, and I do mean super lose :crazy:, but when you can get ahold of her, she is fast. :eek: I'll post it a bit later, but I'll warn you all now, its definitely not for the faint of heart. :nervous: If you're not good at precise throttle and brake control, then this setup is not going to do you much good. :( And not to mention, the numbers do look a bit odd :odd: but its working for me.

Keep at it guys, lets do this thing. 👍

Done for now, gotta leave for a few hours. The only one left to catch on my friends list is @Stotty You better get moving my friend, I'm coming for ya. :dopey: I know you can probably do a lot better and that's probably not your best effort, but still, its the little victories that count. :lol:

Last edited:
Got a 1:30.something my first run. What a loose one as all are saying. No front grip at times is kinda odd. Thinking I'm going to wait for Cargo's tune. Loose is going to be fast for this one, got to get it to turn-in.

Good early time Cargo.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS, got ya @Stotty..... 1'28.137 20th place atm. :eek: :D I know its going to be short lived, but man it feels good to top your time when you have at least put in a decent effort. Ok, now go ahead and blow my time away, I've had my fun. :cheers:

Not sure what's up with the Blue font, it just sort of happened out of the blue. :odd: :lol::lol::lol::lol: (out of the blue, get it? :lol:)

EDIT: Well, ending the night at 1'27.884 in 13th atm. I'll now await my alien friends to come and knock me off my #1 spot on my friends list. :scared: Pretty tired so I'll post the setup tomorrow. 'Nite friends.

Last edited:
Well sure dante_3_16 it doesn't mean it's good but it doesn't mean it's bad either. I'm positive that the car IRL doesn't come with tires that have more grip than SH tires in the game.

I thing In reality you have a stable car under braking while hitting the Apex clearly , but here, 4/4 I was in the gravel right on the first right hander!! Hitting solid brake point, blackened imidiately goes"out", and continues to slide even tho I've like 100km/h speed. You can't tell me that the car that costs 440.000 in game (and 350.000 in real life) slides like on ice with 100kmh under braking so heavily That you can't go through the corner!! Scholud I brake right on a start/finish line?!

Last few TT's just make no sense to me!! No competitive cars, tracks, no excitement here on forum about it.

Laguna Seca + Hsv Hinda Weider= everything what a tt needs. 1500km driven, like a ton pages here on forums, amazing setups, competition till last minute.

To me it's just ridiculous that TT is driven with OP Car with Underpowered tyres!!! Where's the fun in it?! For sure u can't drive a solid, clean "grip lap", ok, I don't ask "give me a 100% grip lap without sliding, drifting", but I see. I fun where your tail goes out every damn corner or so.

At first i thought, this car sucks.
Tuned it up a bit.
Starting to find it fun to ride.
A bit aggressive on the corners, but when you get to apex, it is reaaaallly fast on the exit.
Love and Hate!
Cheers!
Waiting for Cargo tune as well!!! (:P) Thanks dude!

YESSSSSSSSSSSS, got ya @Stotty..... 1'28.137 20th place atm. :eek: :D I know its going to be short lived, but man it feels good to top your time when you have at least put in a decent effort. Ok, now go ahead and blow my time away, I've had my fun. :cheers:

Not sure what's up with the Blue font, it just sort of happened out of the blue. :odd: :lol::lol::lol::lol: (out of the blue, get it? :lol:)

EDIT: Well, ending the night at 1'27.884 in 13th atm. I'll now await my alien friends to come and knock me off my #1 spot on my friends list. :scared: Pretty tired so I'll post the setup tomorrow. 'Nite friends.

Awesome improvement Mitch. :cheers:

I'll be back to chasing your blue line (together with Stottys'). :eek:

Eagerly awaiting your tune :D

BrandsHatchGrandPrixCircuit_zps2e1376cf.jpg

Lexus LFA '10

Track:
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
Performance Points: 580
Max Power: 650 HP
Weight: 1,218 kg.
Weight Distribution: 48:52
Max Torque: 409 ft-lb
Power to Weight Ratio: 1.87 kg/HP
Power Limiter: 92.2%
Lap Time: 1'27.884
Leaderboard: 19th place at the time of this posting
Engine Stage 3
Sports Computer
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
NO OIL CHANGE
Chassis Reinforcement

Ride Height: 90/80
Spring Rate: 5.45/14.00
Dampers: (Comp.) 4/8
Dampers: (Ext.) 4/8
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/3
Camber: 0.2/0.3
Toe: -0.18/-0.12
Brake Balance: 6/4
LSD: 60/12/40

Transmission
Top Speed
to 180
Final Gear 2.600
Top Speed 149
Final Gear 2.000
1st Gear 6.483
2nd Gear 4.652
3rd Gear 3.777
4th Gear 3.171
5th Gear 2.680
6th Gear 2.270
Final Gear may be raised to 2.040 if desired.

Transmission may not be quite right, but I'm pretty sure it is. I have to go out for a few hours so if there are any issues with it, I'll address them when I get back.

Like I've said before, this is a very loose setup and may not be for everyone, but if you can manage to tame it, the rewards can be huge. Good luck everyone, keep pushing and don't stop until you reach your goals. 👍 :cheers:

The 'Ratt.

Last edited:
Oh goodness me! Definitely the worst seasonal I've ever had the displeasure of entering.

I feel I need to drive it because it'll make me a better driver though.

1:29's at the mo. Not sure if I can bring myself to improve :lol:

That's the spirit. 👍 Like I said before, events like this will help improve your skill set. Keep at it, you'll see. ;)

I've tried now your Setup and I've managed a 1:27:344, placed 3rd Worldwide at the moment :)

Thank you so much CargoRatt!

You're welcome, glad you were able to find the tune helpful. 👍 Congrats on the lap and leaderboard placement, great job. :bowdown:

Allow me to say a few things here if I may in regards to this car and tire combo. And before I do, just let me say that this is not a knock against any one person, group of people, or any certain skill set of people. Ok, look, just because a car don't stick to the track like a slot car doesn't make it bad, nor does it make for a bad event just because of the tires used. Yes, this car is really slippery on these tires. But don't make that into a negative. Challenge yourself and really learn how to drive. Having the lack of good grip as this combo does, it will really teach you good throttle and brake control, along with precise steering inputs. Use this to your advantage and learn from it. I always practice on CH and SH tires, depending on the car, and that has helped be reach the skill level I am at now. By practicing/running on these types of tires, then when you actually run on tires with more grip, you will then have the necessary skill inputs to be even more successful on the more grippier tires than you were before. Its like back in my athletic days. For instance, when I was in track in high school, I used to practice running in waist deep water at the beach. By doing that, with the waters extra resistance, it help develop my leg muscles and such which improved my time on land at track meets. I used this type of "extreme training" in everything I did. You all see what I'm trying to say here. Practice/train with extreme settings then you compete in a more normal setting, in this case SH tires then to SS tires, you will become better. I hope I am explaining myself clear enugh here and you all understand what I am trying to say. Embrace events like this and don't be afraid to challenge yourselves, you'll be better for it in the end.....trust me. Have faith and believe in yourselves, with patience and practice, comes success. Good luck everyone, I believe in you all. :cheers:

Good talk! Now I'm going to take my dfgt and smash out all the windows of an LFA and I'll feel even better.

~3000th! eff u lfa!

Last edited:
Good talk! Now I'm going to take my dfgt and smash out all the windows of an LFA and I'll feel even better.

~3000th! eff u l a!

:confused: :odd:

On another note, the Warrior is back at it. :D Just improved to 1'27.762 to get back some of the places I dropped since yesterday...now back in 19th place. The "TTW" is back!!!!!! :D

Sorry if this is inappropriate here, but I got "Sorry, you do not have permission to post comments to news articles." with no explanation or time scale from GTP. Even the above post is worse than anything I said, so who on Earth is policing this place? As for the lap, the London A-Spec forced me to love the Lexus (though I preferred to drive the Esprit), and with just a little interference it's a killer car. Even the in-game description says it needs the suspension tweaking to make it a track beast, so that's where to start. The other lesson from London was that small changes in gearing can make a massive difference.

Sorry if this is inappropriate here, but I got "Sorry, you do not have permission to post comments to news articles." with no explanation or time scale from GTP. Even the above post is worse than anything I said, so who on Earth is policing this place? As for the lap, the London A-Spec forced me to love the Lexus (though I preferred to drive the Esprit), and with just a little interference it's a killer car. Even the in-game description says it needs the suspension tweaking to make it a track beast, so that's where to start. The other lesson from London was that small changes in gearing can make a massive difference.

For the bolded part, try posting here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/site-support.5/

Quite possibly one of the nastiest handling cars I have ever driven in GT6! Truly shocking for what is supposed to be a great car in the real world. I've managed a silver and I don't think I can be bothered to even try for a gold, it's that nasty.

Thanks Mitch, I hadn't looked there but had a look and I wasn't on the list, however, much valued contributor and member ET was the last entry! You'll see his story elsewhere. I'm sure this can't be Jordan's work. I've been a short time contributor, but a long time lurker and I really appreciate the members here. Your missive to WG was a rare thing on this internet, and it reflected what I thought about this site. That people care about others and are respectful -is- important, and we can all settle our differences amicably.

Thanks Mitch, I hadn't looked there but had a look and I wasn't on the list, however, much valued contributor and member ET was the last entry! You'll see his story elsewhere. I'm sure this can't be Jordan's work. I've been a short time contributor, but a long time lurker and I really appreciate the members here. Your missive to WG was a rare thing on this internet, and it reflected what I thought about this site. That people care about others and are respectful -is- important, and we can all settle our differences amicably.

You're welcome, glad I could help. 👍 And yes, I already know about Elias. (et_) Welcome to the forums, enjoy your time here. :cheers:

Quite possibly one of the nastiest handling cars I have ever driven in GT6! Truly shocking for what is supposed to be a great car in the real world. I've managed a silver and I don't think I can be bothered to even try for a gold, it's that nasty.
It does say in the event description that it needs tweaking for track use. I think PD are trying to teach some of us how to tune suspension...

You're welcome, glad I could help. 👍 And yes, I already know about Elias. (et_) Welcome to the forums, enjoy your time here. :cheers:
Cheers M. I still don't understand my news ban, but hey, GTP moves in mysterious ways... Paul.

PS. Tried the banned user log and got- (You have insufficient privileges to reply here.) Where can us miscreants go plead our cases!? I'm sure I didn't offend anyone to a terrible degree. It was a "Yo Momma" joke, all in fun, and my momma's fat too... :)

Last edited:
BrandsHatchGrandPrixCircuit_zps2e1376cf.jpg

Lexus LFA '10

Track:
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
Performance Points: 580
Max Power: 650 HP
Weight: 1,218 kg.
Weight Distribution: 48:52
Max Torque: 409 ft-lb
Power to Weight Ratio: 1.87 kg/HP
Power Limiter: 92.2%
Lap Time: 1'27.884
Leaderboard: 19th place at the time of this posting
Engine Stage 3
Sports Computer
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
NO OIL CHANGE
Chassis Reinforcement

Ride Height: 90/80
Spring Rate: 5.45/14.00
Dampers: (Comp.) 4/8
Dampers: (Ext.) 4/8
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/3
Camber: 0.2/0.3
Toe: -0.18/-0.12
Brake Balance: 6/4
LSD: 60/12/40

Transmission
Top Speed
to 180
Final Gear 2.600
Top Speed 149
Final Gear 2.000
1st Gear 6.483
2nd Gear 4.652
3rd Gear 3.777
4th Gear 3.171
5th Gear 2.680
6th Gear 2.270
Final Gear may be raised to 2.040 if desired.

Transmission may not be quite right, but I'm pretty sure it is. I have to go out for a few hours so if there are any issues with it, I'll address them when I get back.

Like I've said before, this is a very loose setup and may not be for everyone, but if you can manage to tame it, the rewards can be huge. Good luck everyone, keep pushing and don't stop until you reach your goals. 👍 :cheers:

The 'Ratt.

Excellent, I just realized I'm the dumbest man on earth... My set up was limited to 530pp as I thought that was the limit...

Thanks for the guidance Mitch, let's see what can I get after modifying my set up...

Last edited:
Back