Light Car Company Rocket Super Lap: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 68 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Light Car Company Rocket Super Lap: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

w39UU0C.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 20/11/2014 – 04/12/2014, 03:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 20/11/2014 – 18/12/2014, 03:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
PP: 620 or less
Tyres: Sports Hard or less
Cars: Rocket '07
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 75,000
Silver: Cr. 49,000
Bronze: Cr. 22,500

Gift(s):
Gold: GT GREY 004-N paint chip

Target Time:
Gold: 1:33.000
Silver: 1:36.000
Bronze: 1:42.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Brands Hatch GP Circuit
Track Length: 2.43 miles / 3911 m
Time of day: **:**
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Tune by dddsprayshop

Tune by Mcabro

Tune by praiano63

Tune by matej2547

Tune by Teitzy

Tune by SW__10

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
well, took me 30 minutes before i started to use my own settings.
After 8 minutes i got 1:32.750 and i'm very happy with that.
Car is indeed very slippery, the first corner after the start, you loose the most time when you make a mistake at that corner.
_Lightcar Company Rocket '07_Normal Race_by_DDDSprayshop.jpg

\edit, updated setting.changed traction and abs settings

@nowcontrol thanks for setting up these topics.👍

Last edited:
I know it's early days, but a 1:32.272 has put me 637th. I'm pretty sure that's the highest I've ever been....no doubt I'll be 5637th by the end of today

Well I wasn't far off, just checked and I'm now 6028th, lost five and a half thousand places in two days.

Last edited:
I think 560-570pp is good enough for this race. The car is not so slippery and you can make a 1.32 easy with other tunings like hard suspension and racing brakes!

Used the same car I used way back in a Seasonal at Suzuka I believe it was. Golded on the second lap. Fun little car to drive and I think I'll come back to this one later.

this car is nervous but very funny, best lap 1: 29.741 Parts to buy all

101 --- 95
3.81 --- 3.56
7 --- 5
9 --- 5
6 --- 7
0.2 --- 1.5
-0.08 --- 0.56
racing brake
7 --- 3
LSD
5 5 8
powerlimit 97.8 349cv
weight: add 110 kg to position -26% (500 kg @ 51/49)
Transmission:
Max Speed: 300 km

Last edited:
This one is giving me fits. I'm with the ones who don't like this car. I have a tune on my Rocket, not sure whose it is. It's either @praiano63 or @shaunm80.. Since those are the 2 I use the most. I had one silver lap going until the last turn before the finish and lost it. Now frustration has set in so I'm done with bronze. Now my DS3 is acting up to boot. Will look for a new one this weekend. I'm never home long enough to go through getting the wheel out. So my hat is off to all those who have gotten gold.👍👍

Well, I gave this one a try. A total of 2 laps. One where I realized that I had some strange transmission setup installed and I was bouncing off the rev limiter in 5th everywhere. So, I exited and fixed the transmission and ran one lap - Gold, but not a very impressive time by any stretch of the imagination. 1:32.805 was the lap time. I think I'll revisit this later. Not because I care for the car, so much, but because I really like this track.

Good luck everyone!

Oh, I almost forgot...I used @shaunm80 tune over in Exeter Garage. I don't know what I did to his transmission setup though. I don't even remember when I installed his tune, it's been that long since I've driven this car. I can only think maybe I made some tranny changes for Streets of Willow or something. I honestly don't remember.

Hi guys, here's my tune for the Rocket 07:

620 pp
352 bhp
537 kg

90 90
2.23 3.26
3 3
3 3
3 3
0.0 0.0
0.00 0.50

5 4

final 6500
top speed 180 kmh

5 15 5

all power parts, power 100 %

ballast 147 kg, position 50

+ oil change and rigidity improvement

Currently on 1:25:1 but messed up last corner, 1:24:9 is possible for sure. I see how some better players could do mid 24s with some setup improvements.

This is a good fun combo. Like the track and the car. Must agree that 620PP is a bit over done. But still good manageble. Just gave 10 laps with @matej2547 tunes, thanks. Feels pretty good 👍 Good for a 26.6xx for P13 but still plenty of time left. But a low 25 is like :crazy:. Very nice laptime 👍

This time I definately thought mr. Praiano had lost more than one of his marbles. Adding weight? Bah, pish tosh! But wouldn't you know! In but a few laps his tune had shaved seconds off my lap time. For the first time in my, rather mediocre, career as a sim racer, my position was shown in three digits. Fantastic tune! Now, this calls for celebration :cheers:

I took a while to Gold this one, I'm not the greatest tuner in the world and this required a fair amount to meet the PP (though perhaps didn't need to go all the way). Did an oil change and added the usual "free" parts then (for the first time) messed with ballast but just added 10kg which I shoved up front. Did give more balance though, less tail-happy. Then topped the power up again with various bits to make 620PP (didn't use a turbo just engine tweaks and exhaust doodads). Firmed up the suspension a little, put the transmission max speed up a couple of clicks as it was bouncing off the limiter but then realised it was better left at the standard setting.

Anyways managed a 1:32.304, not great but surprisingly high up the leaderboard, shows how tricky this one is compared to the Apricot Hill challenge. Might come back to it as it reminds me of old race cars with skinny tyres, drifting around those corners :)

Not sure why? but i had this as a 600pp event and that's what i run it at yesterday for 2 pointless hours :P anyway adjusted the pp to 620 tonight and I can now see why i was losing so much on the back end of the track 👍

Sweet combo! off for some more laps :cheers:

Well, I gave this one a try. A total of 2 laps. One where I realized that I had some strange transmission setup installed and I was bouncing off the rev limiter in 5th everywhere. So, I exited and fixed the transmission and ran one lap - Gold, but not a very impressive time by any stretch of the imagination. 1:32.805 was the lap time. I think I'll revisit this later. Not because I care for the car, so much, but because I really like this track.

Good luck everyone!

Oh, I almost forgot...I used @shaunm80 tune over in Exeter Garage. I don't know what I did to his transmission setup though. I don't even remember when I installed his tune, it's been that long since I've driven this car. I can only think maybe I made some tranny changes for Streets of Willow or something. I honestly don't remember.
Try Prianos tune. It got me the gold and last time i checked, was ahead of your time. ;)

Try Prianos tune. It got me the gold and last time i checked, was ahead of your time. ;)
Maybe I'll give his tune a shot. I'm positive I could do much better with the tune I currently have. I honestly only ran two laps. I saw that my time was worth a Gold so I pulled my car over and quit since it was like 3:30am and I was pretty tired. BTW, I love your avatar. Such a gorgeous car...

Hi guys, here's my tune for the Rocket 07:

620 pp
352 bhp
537 kg

90 90
2.23 3.26
3 3
3 3
3 3
0.0 0.0
0.00 0.50

5 4

final 6500
top speed 180 kmh

5 15 5

all power parts, power 100 %

ballast 147 kg, position 50

+ oil change and rigidity improvement

Currently on 1:25:1 but messed up last corner, 1:24:9 is possible for sure. I see how some better players could do mid 24s with some setup improvements.

your tune is DS3 or Steering Wheel?

Maybe I'll give his tune a shot. I'm positive I could do much better with the tune I currently have. I honestly only ran two laps. I saw that my time was worth a Gold so I pulled my car over and quit since it was like 3:30am and I was pretty tired. BTW, I love your avatar. Such a gorgeous car...
Thanks. It's my favorite. I would drive it more often but the engine sound is terrible in this game! I would expect more out of the 20 million cars. :/

Back