Logitech Users FFB Survey

• Thread starter kembro
  • 53 comments

Are you happy with the FFB on Logitech Wheels?

• Yes

Votes: 81 50.9%
  • Good feel, needs more weight.

Votes: 49 30.8%
  • No, needs more weight and feel.

Votes: 29 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
Low Head, Tasmania
Kembro45
Decided to make a survey for Logitech Wheel users to see, who's happy with the changes.

I sort of like this as an idea, but not sure its broad enough in its options... or narrow enough maybe? Might be easier to just have yes no, instead of weight/feel ok, feel ok, weight and feel not ok.

My G27 for example, is a much superior wheel on PC than it is on the PS3 with GT6.

Especially for me, the speed in which it returns to centre is much slower on PS3 than PC.

I think more power, it just needs to utilise what it has, its available from the hardware, I don't know why the PS3 is limited, or if in fact its just GT6. I know Dirt 3 on PC is chalk and cheese with GT5/6 on PS3, which is unfortunate, maybe someone who has Dirt 3 on PS3 could report how the Logitech Wheels are?

The hotfix helped my weight issue. I just don't like the constant rumbling in the wheel. I understand going over a bump or something to cause it. However, sometimes I think it rumbles for no reason.

Pre 1.12, I had FFB on 3 or 4. It did not have a constant rumble at Daytona. Now it doesn't matter what I set FFB to, it still rumbles. All it changes is wheel weight, rather than a mixture of weight and rumbliness.

NOTE: I use a G27, and by rumble I mean the wheel working back and forth inside very hard. When you hear make a grind sound. And it makes you think your wheel is about to un-assemble as you use it.

Yes, DFGT, (in the default adjustment of race cars in Quick Match is T2,S1...Almost my adjustments:T2,S2)

Logitech G27 user. It could be better yes, there is always room for improvement but as it is now, I'm perfectly fine with it and have no complaints. And yes, I do think its an improvement over what it was before the update. And I'll also say this: I don't think that it is the FFB that is the issue as a whole but more like how it acts with a certain few cars. Those are my thoughts/opinions on the matter.

@kolio123 I am not experiencing the rumble you describe. My settings are: FFB Max Torque - 5 FFB Sensitivity - 8. I am not experiencing any odd/unusual behavior from my wheel itself as I have heard others complain about which seems a bit odd beings we are using the same wheel. I have had my wheel since 6 months after the release of GT5 and have used it very heavily since, nearly every day so it has plenty of wear and tear, so if anyone's wheel should react badly to the new FFB or make odd noises, it should be mine. :scared: But, its chugging along without a hitch, acting like it always has....no rumbling or anything. :)

I like the new force feedback because it is not as rough as it use to be and the setting I use makes it heavy again without sacrificing sensitivity. I am also a dfgt user.

DFGT user here. When the v1.12 update came out I couldn't stand how my wheel felt. Granted, I have no other experience with other wheels or other driving/racing games. So, I only knew what I knew, but I really liked the way my wheel felt pre-1.12 update.

The hotfix definitely improved the way my wheel felt from the initial update. I am already getting used to the new feel. I wish there was a way I could go back to the way it was pre-1.12 and drive for a day. Then I could give you a better assessment as to what I prefer.

I'm currently using settings of: Torque - 5 and Sensitivity - 3. I've played around with the sensitivity a bit and I might increase it in the future, but for now, it's alright.

Sorry, survey could have had more options. Just wanted to seperate the Logitech disscussion from other wheels. G25 user with settings at T8 & S10.
Overall i'm happy with the new feel and settings, still a bit light with some cars that run high downforce with wide rubber and no power steering.

Also Re: the 1.12 FFB and the Logitech wheels (or just my G27 anyway), in my mind there was an 'ok level' before 1.12, then the wheels were basically broken, then they were returned to their prior state - in my opinion.

Are people saying there are actually 3 states? Because I feel it's only 2.

IMHO I reckon there was less feel but good weight before 1.12, then it got real sensitive but too light after 1.12, then the hotfix added more weight and maintained more feel than before 1.12.

Some cars are very good, others seem comically light when it comes to wheel weight (particularly racing cars, it seems).

Logitech G25 - Good feel, needs more weight.

What I know from testing (applies to LOGITECH ONLY):

1. The feedback detail is definitely better post-1.12. You can feel weight shifts, under/oversteer, tyre slip and road imperfections more. No questions here, post-1.12 is definitely better.

2. The feedback strength is weaker post-1.12. The hotfix added a teeny tiny bit more weight, but it's still weaker than pre-1.12. For 90% of cars this is acceptable. You can certainly adapt to it. No problems here either.

3. The MAIN problem: For some cars the feedback strength is unacceptably weak, even after the hotfix. Test the Lotus 97T and Red Bull Junior back to back. The Lotus has zero resistance to turning, while the Red Bull feels nice and weighty.

Options for PD to fix this (any 1 of these are acceptable):

1. Fix the broken cars' feedback strength. Keep everything else the same as currently.

2. Give us an option to use pre-1.12 settings for Logitech users. People happy with current FFB stays happy, people who like previous settings are happy again.

3. Increase the range of adjustment for Force Feedback Torque so we have a greater spread of strengths available. Pre-1.12 we have 1=weak to 10=strong. Post-1.12 we have 1=weak to 10=slightly less weak.

To any Kaz or PD employees reading this, I would like to say thank you for your time and consideration on this matter. I have played Gran Turismo from 1997 and loved every iteration because no matter what the driving aspect has always been enjoyable. The latest update has effectively neutered the joy of driving some cars for me. I understand that progress to support newer wheels must be made. But this does not mean that enjoyment of older wheels has to be compromised. I hope you can implement a concession for us loyal fans who are not able to purchase newer wheels for some reason or another, so that we may enjoy Gran Turismo's Spirit of Driving for many years to come. Thank you.

Last edited:
Sorry, survey could have had more options. Just wanted to seperate the Logitech disscussion from other wheels. G25 user with settings at T8 & S10.
Overall i'm happy with the new feel and settings, still a bit light with some cars that run high downforce with wide rubber and no power steering.

Gonna try without Power Steering later today or tomorrow as it will most likely become my new way of driving on GT6. The lightness of race cars which I normally set up for very high downforce really annoys me specially when changing Sensitivity to 9 (normally run 8) it feels a tiny bit too heavy all of the sudden. I use DFGT and using your G25 settings would perhaps make it pretty tough to drive. I will also up the Torque, I kind of have it very low.

Anyway the only reason I actually replied to your post is that I can't help but think a patch is in order, I do like the idea but some fine tuning is needed.

I'm running a DFGT on torque 6 and sensitivity 3.

Torque 6 gives me enough weight to feel the car but not to have tired arms at the end of a session.

Took some time to get adjusted to the new physics but feedback much better than before (in my opinion only of course).

I think I've missed the cars with issues as currently I'm mostly running classic cars at Sierra and the ffb on these classics works well. I appreciate that this isn't the case with some cars tho.

G27 user
i really like the new feedback from the road
but there isn't enough torque
i used to be at 6 to match my real car (Peugeot 306 S16)
but even at torque 10, it's less than half the force required to turn my Peugeot wheel
definitively too low torque
and i add that there is a really big (30°) zone where there is no return force (sensitivity 4)
if i increase the sensitivity it narrows down that zone but then come back the annoying oscillation in straight line

PoDi !
can you give some time to that coder to drive some real cars ?
so he will have a real experience of the feeling !
thanks ...

DFGT user here. When the v1.12 update came out I couldn't stand how my wheel felt. Granted, I have no other experience with other wheels or other driving/racing games. So, I only knew what I knew, but I really liked the way my wheel felt pre-1.12 update.

The hotfix definitely improved the way my wheel felt from the initial update. I am already getting used to the new feel. I wish there was a way I could go back to the way it was pre-1.12 and drive for a day. Then I could give you a better assessment as to what I prefer.

I'm currently using settings of: Torque - 5 and Sensitivity - 3. I've played around with the sensitivity a bit and I might increase it in the future, but for now, it's alright.

If you liked the way it felt before, you should be on 10/10 settings. It'll be closer, but still no cigar...

Last edited:
DFGT - Hard to notice a difference between the 1.11 and 1.12 with the exception of driving the Senna Lotus. That car is far too light feeling now and has no substance. Not much fun driving the car anymore. Any suggestions on how to make the steering heavier are appreciated.

All the other cars I've driven feel fine and the wheel seems to offer more feedback on the actual grip, curbing, etc.

I'm using T-10 and S-10.

1. DFTG - T10, S10
2. Likes: practically every regular car I've driven. Feels responsive and I feel I get accurate grip feedback.
3. Dislikes: Driving the Senna Lotus now seems extremely light. Very little feedback. Just a step or two away from unplugging the power and just driving the wheel with zero feedback.

Last edited:
I think it would be helpful for people to post some of the following if possible:

1. Your wheel and the settings you use.
2. Car/track/tire combinations you feel are particularly good and why.
3. Car/track/tire combinations you feel are particularly bad.

Some more targeted feedback might help to isolate certain issues.

This shouldn't be for all logi users. I'm glad we have threads that delve into this stuff, but the DFGT is very different from the G wheels and the dfgt, g25 and g27 do not share motors. There was also a split in g27 production and the latter got weaker motors.

So no offense as this is a good idea to build off, but this is no different from the other thread essentially, just with a poll added that lumps only and all logi users together. What a g27 user is experiencing is completely irrelevant to what a dfgt users is experiencing. All three us different drivers via gt6, too...so... Idk. Maybe we need an thread for every wheel so PD has it spelled out for them even further.

The data from the poll just doesn't reflect on the grand scheme of things.

Until things are fixed, I've just been changing the FFb for each car.

Last edited:
G27 - 6/9 Power steering off (from before update). Most of what I've tried so far (which isn't all that much) have felt a lot better in their stock form. The RX7 in particular feels pretty good to me (the one from the 500pp quick match), tons of weight and can feel the understeer.

I haven't had to change the settings yet, driving the same handful of cars. I'm going to do some of my own testing (as I haven't had much time yet) to see what in the tuning possibly affects the weight of the wheel (could possibly be something as obvious as weight reduction reducing resistance in the wheel).

All in all, good update for me! (Just to note, formally used FFB 5 w/Power steering off (before update)).

I have a DFGT, not sure about the settings but I think it's 10/10, or possibly 8/10.

Anyway, generally I think it's good. My only problem (that I've had since GT5, it's still the same) is that it shakes the wheel a lot when driving with dirt tires. It almost feels like you're driving over big rocks instead of gravel and dirt:

DSC_2827.gif

Part of me believes that PD knew there were problems with their new FFB code when they were working on v1.12. I say that because why else would they insert the FFB settings in Driving Options which you allows us to now adjust FFB settings for each track and/or car we select? I've only been playing Gran Turismo since GT6 was released in December 2013 and I honestly can not remember ever seeing much of a discussion here on GTPlanet regarding FFB (except for a thread on Thrustmaster wheels following an update). Also, I never heard anyone complaining that they would have to exit out of everything and go into Game Options > Wheel Settings in order to adjust the force feedback.

I'm sure most people who drive with a wheel in GT6 were like me in that they set their FFB setting and left it at that setting for months because it felt good across all of the cars and tracks. Again, I can't ever really remember hearing any complaints about FFB or probably more accurately "wheel weight" before v1.12 was released. Now, it seems I can't go in any thread without seeing a comment or two regarding the new FFB code.

So, it seems awfully convenient that all of a sudden we have very quick access to make sudden changes to our FFB via the Driving Options menu when we are seconds away from pressing the start button to get on the track. Why add the FFB settings to Driving Options unless PD was anticipating that we would be changing them frequently? Who ever complained about where the FFB setting was before? Like I said, you set it once (after a little experimenting the first week you had the game) and left it alone. Now many players are making adjustments with every car they drive to obtain a feel that is somewhat satisfactory.

I feel a little foolish, acting like a conspiracy theorist, but it sort of makes sense if you think about it. I truly feel like PD knew we were going to HAVE TO make adjustments to our FFB settings very frequently with v1.12...That is why they added those settings to Driving Options.

My only problem (that I've had since GT5, it's still the same) is that it shakes the wheel a lot when driving with dirt tires. It almost feels like you're driving over big rocks instead of gravel and dirt:

That's a setup issue.
Too stiff dampers/ bars and springs

I have a DFGT, not sure about the settings but I think it's 10/10, or possibly 8/10.

Anyway, generally I think it's good. My only problem (that I've had since GT5, it's still the same) is that it shakes the wheel a lot when driving with dirt tires. It almost feels like you're driving over big rocks instead of gravel and dirt:

That's a setup issue.
Too stiff dampers/ bars and springs
I'd like to see that put to the test. Maybe @eran0004 could post his suspension set up and the track and you could post the changes you'd make @Robbks to see the shaking effect can be eliminated by suspension tweaks.

Yep, happy to.

But as a guide, I'm dropping spring rates down to around 4.5kg/mm for something like the S1 quattro or '99 WRX Rally car.

I've also find if you're fighting the car to keep it straight, and not letting it slide around, it fights back.

Rally-treads are designed to slide and will always cause a car to wander. (if you're driven a real car on real rally tyres, it's a strange sensation at first until you put faith in them)

EDIT:

further update.

An "RA" Spec STi (SO anything that would run inthe Group N rally category) would come fitted from the factory with springs around 225Lb/in which is 4Kg/mm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back