Looping When Trying To Load Game After 2.10 Udate *FIXED*

Are you having the looping problems after 2.10 update

• Total voters
Hi,

Experienced the same problems. It's so frustrating, i contacted PSN Support over this matter. They recommended for me to conduct this procedure.
Thank you for taking the time to contact PlayStation® Technical Support. My name is Jake, I will be assisting you today with troubleshooting your PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system freezing while playing games. I definitely understand how frustrating it can be to constantly have issues when trying to play your games. I more than happy to assist you in resolving this issue so we can get you back to gaming today.

If the PS3™ is having issues freezing on just games, we may be able to correct this issue by deleting the Game Data for the games experiencing difficulty. To delete the Game Data, please follow the instructions below:

• Navigate to the Game icon on the XrossMediaBar™ (XMB™ menu).
• Select Game Data Utility and press the "X" Button.
• Select the game title that you are experiencing the issue(s) with.
• Press the Triangle button, select the option to Delete, and press the "X" button.

After deleting the game data, go into Safe Mode and select option 3 (Restore File System). Step by step instructions on how to access Safe Mode is located in this link http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1488, or you can follow the instructions below:

• Turn off the PS3™ by holding the Power button until the power light turns red.
• Press and hold the Power button until you hear 3 separate beeps (separated by about 5 seconds) and the power light goes from red to green and back to red.
• Press and hold the Power button again. This time listen for 2 single beeps (separated by about 5 seconds), followed by a rapid double beep. As soon as you hear the double beep, release the power button. The light on your system will still be green if this is done properly.

Next, Plug your controller in with the USB cable and you will see a menu with six options. For this troubleshooting, please choose option 3. After accessing Safe Mode 3, you will see a message indicating that the Hard Disk File System has been corrupted and will be restored. Press X to confirm the restoration.

If this option does not fix the issue, the link below includes further troubleshooting:
• "Game Not Loading or Playing" article link: http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/921

If this is unsuccessful, access Safe Mode again and choose option 5 (Restore PS3™ system). Please be aware this does delete all data from the PS3™, so you may want to back up your data. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

If the steps above do not resolve the issue, the system will need to come in for service. Please follow the instructions in the link above for service options.

Please respond to this email with your shipping address (Note: someone over 18 must be able to sign for the PS3™ upon its return), serial number and model number (Located on the back of your PS3™ on the white barcode label), and phone number with the best time to reach you (time zone and area code included please). Once we receive this information we will be happy to setup service up over the phone for you.

Thank you so much for your time and understanding, as well as allowing me the opportunity to assist you today.

Sincerely,

So, On my quest to fix this matter. I did as told, guess what?! He has made me download all 20 of those Gran Turismo 5 Updates. Right this moment, my Playstation 3 Unit, is sucking up all those updates. I will continue to update you, on how i go.

Also if i used my other account, Gran Turismo 5, Boots up with no problem at all. This is truly one 🤬 mess.

This is me now >:banghead:

Hi,

Experienced the same problems. It's so frustrating, i contacted PSN Support over this matter. They recommended for me to conduct this procedure.

So, On my quest to fix this matter. I did as told, guess what?! He has made me download all 20 of those Gran Turismo 5 Updates. Right this moment, my Playstation 3 Unit, is sucking up all those updates. I will continue to update you, on how i go.

Also if i used my other account, Gran Turismo 5, Boots up with no problem at all. This is truly one 🤬 mess.

This is me now >:banghead:

Good luck but I can tell you that I personally have done every one of those things and not one of them has worked. Hopefull you will have better luck. And as far as the unit having to go in for service, that is total BS. In my opinion and everything I've tried so far, the problem is an incapatability issue between update 2.10 and some peoples game save. Nothing to do with the PS3 itself. Really starting to believe that this issue is only going to be able to be fixed by a patch from PD.

Like I said tho, hopefully it works for you. Thanks for posting the instructions tho so that other people may try if they so desire. I myself have already went thro all that but thats not to say it won't work for other people. Thanks again for posting and good luck to you.

Lets see, I've tried:

swapping GT discs over (I have 2) - no change.

I also have a number of backup gamesaves all from the same account but saved at different times over the last couple of years all with different cars, tickets etc - but none of them work, so it's not just the one savegame thats affected, it's all of them, ruling out the possibility of a single corrupted save. It must be something to do with the account and the savegame(s) combined.

One thing I will say though, they were all descended at various times from the one original savegame I made when I first bought the game, so they're all related. Clones, you might say.

Alright, I quit. I tried one last thing and deleted some more things while on 2.09 and nothing. Its becoming pointless now as I have deleted my main down to almost nothing now in order to figure this out.

PD can come and fix their own crap now, I'm done messing around with it.

Right, I don't know if anybody has asked this, nor read it.

Your accounts are they one main and the secondary accounts tied to the main one or seperate PSN ID's all master accounts?

I have multiple master PSN IDs and not checked all mine yet (only 2 on different PS3s). Mine appear to be working.

i just recieve this from Sony....
Thank you for contacting PlayStation® Technical Support. My name is Vicki, and I will be assisting you today. I am more than happy to provide some more information, I do understand how frustrating this is with your game Gran Turismo ®5.

You have reached the Technical Support Department within Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA), and we handle all general inquiries for our PlayStation® family of products, including troubleshooting for the PlayStation®3 system physically, such as no picture, not reading discs, etc.

For in game support, specifically regarding Gran Turismo5, I recommend contacting Sony Online Entertainment at:

Phone: 858-537-0898

I also recommend contacting our forums at http://community.us.playstation.com/index.jspa I apologize for any inconvenience.

I do want to let you know, once the appropriate department has received your question, they will respond as quickly as possible to assist you. Thank you so much for your time and understanding, as well as giving me this opportunity to help you today, Jose.

Sincerely,
Vicki H.
PlayStation® Technical Support
1-800-345-7669
http://us.playstation.com
Auto-Response 01/16/2013 01:57 AM
*Please do not reply to this system-generated message.*

Thank you for contacting Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC (SCEA). We have received your question.

Our agents respond to emails in the order they are received. Depending on volume, we typically reply within 24-48 hours. We appreciate your patience.

Please note, our department only handles emails from North American residents. If you live outside of North America, we have regional support offices to better assist you. Please visit our Country Selector page and select your home region's support website: http://www.playstation.com/country-selector/

IMPORTANT: To ensure delivery of our emails into your inbox, please add playstation@mailmw.custhelp.com to your address book so our emails do not get filtered by your SPAM folder.

Sincerely,
SCEA Consumer Services

For immediate online support, please visit our PlayStation Knowledge Center at http://us.playstation.com/support 24 hours a day.
I will write to the address they provided to see how to solve this problem. if someone is so kind and try to contact via phone, would be helpful because from where I am the call I would come out for an eye of my face and half the other... ;) please report if somebody contact them... thanks in advance

Good luck but I can tell you that I personally have done every one of those things and not one of them has worked. Hopefull you will have better luck. And as far as the unit having to go in for service, that is total BS. In my opinion and everything I've tried so far, the problem is an incapatability issue between update 2.10 and some peoples game save. Nothing to do with the PS3 itself. Really starting to believe that this issue is only going to be able to be fixed by a patch from PD.

Like I said tho, hopefully it works for you. Thanks for posting the instructions tho so that other people may try if they so desire. I myself have already went thro all that but thats not to say it won't work for other people. Thanks again for posting and good luck to you.

37% Through the updates :)

here watching the game data utility, I noticed three different values ​​in the total file size. early afternoon, it was like 3650 MB, when it worked, now after I came back from college, file size up to a total of 9455 MB. This is normal? varies depending on of each individual game? I look again as I write and file weighs a total of 9354 MB. Can anyone verify that this is the total file size? thanks in advance

Good News! 🤬 NOT!! After a whole day of updating, Gran Turismo 5 doesn't work.. Polyphony Digital better fix this 🤬 or i will soon be a loyal customer of Forza.

Time to play BattleField 3...

Sounds like a bad problem, but Cargo_Rat i think you have pretty much covered every base mate, definatly a PD created problem by the sound of it, hopefully they will release a patch to sort it.

P.S. Anyone notice how every patch they release seems to break more than it fixes ???? in fact thinking about it half of all the patches they have released are only there to patch thier last mistake.

That's bit weird since it doesn't give corrupt data message, maybe there is one and same item on every save what doesn't work ?
So now everyone just list all 7000 items and lets compare :lol:

But agreed that kinda sucks, I'm gonna update GT5 today and if as lucky guy as I'm doesn't have that problem it's time to do some lottery...

Didn't read this entire thread but when I contacted Sony about a problem a year ago this is what they suggested.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us today. I can definitely understand how frustrating it is when games freeze and lag when playing online and I am very sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced. I am more than happy to help you today. Please make sure to attempt the following troubleshooting to isolate if the issue lies within the game servers, the Internet connection, or within corrupted data on the system. Our first step will resolve the problem if it is occurring due to corrupted data.

First, please delete the game data for Gran Turismo 5. This is deleting the most recent game update.

•Go to the Game icon on the XrossMediaBar™ (XMB™)
•Select Game Data Utility
•Highlight the game title
•Press triangle, then delete.

After deleting the game data, go into Safe Mode and select option 3 (Restore File System). This will not delete any saved game data but will search the system for corrupted files to repair. The information below will assist you in accessing Safe Mode.

Using Safe Mode
Article Link: http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1488

After the restore, on the XMB™ go to Settings > Network Settings > Media Server Connection > Disable. Then load the disc and complete the software update.

Please also attempt these Internet connection troubleshooting steps below if the above steps have not resolved the problem.

•Power-Cycle ALL Network Devices:
Turn off your PS3™ and unplug ALL of your network devices and equipment, making sure all lights on the modem and router are turned off for two (2) full minutes. Certain VOIP modems (where your telephone is connected to your modem) may have a battery installed. You will need to remove the battery in order for the modem to be completely turned off. After the equipment refreshes, turn your system on and set up the Internet connection.

Additional troubleshooting your wireless connection can be found here: http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/280

As a precaution, if the above troubleshooting does not resolve the problem, be sure also to try connecting your PS3™ to the Internet in a different network environment (such as a friend's house) to make sure your PS3™ can play the game online successfully. If it can, this indicates that the Internet connection is working properly on the system itself, and the problem lies within the Internet Connection or equipment you are currently using and we suggest contacting your Internet Service Provider for additional options.

For in game support, specifically regarding the games servers and any game patches, I recommend contacting our moderators on our Gran Turismo 5 forums at http://community.us.playstation.com/community/games/racing/gran_turismo_series. I would honestly love to provide you with more information about the specific server and if there are any general problems that are planned to be fixed, but I do not have tools and resources that our moderators do to answer that type of question. I am very sorry again for any inconvenience this may cause.

You can also email our moderators directly at this email address: community@playstation.sony.com

* Note: After the "Restore file system" you may want to update the PS3 before installing the game again.

Although your thread has been mentioned you might also sign in here and report your findings. These people will submit the bug to PD and the more that complain the better. http://community.us.playstation.com...roblem-Game-wont-start/m-p/39313005#U39313005

Theres aa point, what firmware are you running???

4.30 was compulsory, but 4.31 is optional and not needed to update too.

Want to bet 2.10 works with 4.31 and not 4.30.

Worth a try.

Theres aa point, what firmware are you running???

4.30 was compulsory, but 4.31 is optional and not needed to update too.

Want to bet 2.10 works with 4.31 and not 4.30.

Worth a try.

I installed the 4.31 before downloading the DLC.

How can I go back to 4.30?

latest update seems not to want to work with my save files. It gets stuck after the main gt5 logo where it saves after loading then gets stuck in a saving loop. However my mates do not get this issue, and the error does not happen when i revert to just disc data and no update.

NOW, here is the strange bit! On the same console under a new profile the error does not occur!

in short:

Save file works with no updates
Save file doesn't load with 2.10
Profile 2's save file works with BOTH
Friends never had the issue
921 cars
was in nsx 99'
all DLC bar the 2014 corvette
tried all of the ideas given and no dice

I installed the 4.31 before downloading the DLC.

How can I go back to 4.30?

You can't downgrade firmware on a normal PS3, even on a CFW PS3 with 4.31 installed you can only downgrade that with some extra hardware.

I got "long loading" yesterday too. What did i do to fix it? Well, nothing cause it fixes itself.

Reason for long loading times:

1) The PD servers can't be reached (when you get stuck in the GT5 logo loading)
2) Your savefile gets the PP changes, you have a lot of cars it takes some time (that is a guess, cause i had to wait several minutes after hitting the "GT Mode" button and have 1100+ cars. While waiting i got the car in the Pits background movie playing 3 times, then GT mode opend)

yea but we can't even get to the gt mode section, and some of us have waited upto 4hrs for the saving screen to move on into the main menu

Update:

I have just checked all my Users. And they all work. Also just updated my sisters game to 2.10 as well and that works.

320gb has 1 ID: works
120gb has 5 IDs: All work (doing remote racing right now)
My sisters 320gb PS3, 1 ID: works.

All are at PS3 Firmware 4.31.

I don't have the intro video turned on, dunno if that helps.

Sorry to all those having problems.

I hope PD fix your problem soon. (won't it be nice to have an update that don't break the game)

Its not a server issue mate I have tried both online & offline with a save and it does the same thing? Looping.

Will add mine is fine on all accounts, I was using a friends save who has the loop problem.:(
Chat soon bye for now.:)
_____

Will add that this problem ocurred when you got the new DLC plus the update. (More or less at the same time?) Since most people am guessing got the update then went for the DLC at the same time?
Now don,t judge me am just trying to look for common ground between all the people who are having issues?

Anyone tried to delete the DLC on every account. Not as straight forward as it sounds? (Since I know stealths and chromeline can be a pain to delete?)

Then remove game data on there main account and update like normal.
Open every account to see if they open ok before you attempt going for the DLC.

Its just a guess but it might be DLC conflicting with your new update and the save? (Pure guess?)

EDIT:
Plus just another thought when people who are having the problem when you got the update are you using wifi to connect or are you hard wired to your router?

Last edited:
Will add that this problem ocurred when you got the new DLC plus the update. (More or less at the same time?) Since most people am guessing got the update then went for the DLC at the same time?
Now don,t judge me am just trying to look for common ground between all the people who are having issues?

Anyone tried to delete the DLC on every account. Not as straight forward as it sounds? (Since I know stealths and chromeline can be a pain to delete?)

Then remove game data on there main account and update like normal.
Open every account to see if they open ok before you attempt going for the DLC.

Its just a guess but it might be DLC conflicting with your new update and the save? (Pure guess?)

You might be on to something. I've been wondering the same thing. When I updated yesterday everything went well. After updating to 2.10 I backed out to the XMB. I then went to the PS3 store to grab the DLC. When fired up GT5 the system hung with GT5 logo. No hdd activity at all. I exited the game, fired it up again and everything was fine.

Was it possible to get the DLC before downloading the update? If so could this be the problem?

You might be on to something. I've been wondering the same thing. When I updated yesterday everything went well. After updating to 2.10 I backed out to the XMB. I then went to the PS3 store to grab the DLC. When fired up GT5 the system hung with GT5 logo. No hdd activity at all. I exited the game, fired it up again and everything was fine.

Was it possible to get the DLC before downloading the update? If so could this be the problem?

Now when any new DLC is out am like the next person jumped striaght to it.
So am not sure if you could get the DLC before the update.
Maybe someone knows others who may not of updated yet who might be able to confirm this somehow?
Chat soon bye for now.:)

i think i have some ford car that i cant delete, something like coruppted data
maybe that is a reason 💡

I have a bad feeling about this, I seem to remember something like that - a car stuck in my garage that I can't drive/open/sell - maybe the game screws up when it tries to update the PP and can't...

Back