Lords of the Fallen

Not seeing anyone talking about this. Looks pretty good.

Release is 28th Oct NA, 31st Oct EU for PC,PS4,XBO

PS3/360 got cancelled

Shorter video

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it, as well. As much as I like Dark Souls I and II, I've got to admit that it's getting kinda stale. Swapping equipment and playstyle on the fly is something I'm really interested in.

So, it's out. Reviews are mostly positive, too, despite alway being compared to the Souls games - which are obviously incredibly good.

I might pick it up soon(-ish). Anyone else playing it?

Yes, Dark Souls I and II, specifically. I is the better game but is struck with inferior performance, especially on the PC port (unless you're using the community made mods, which I'd highly recommend). If you haven't experienced them, I'd recommend picking them up.

Or are you talking about the Soul games being good? :confused:

I haven't actually played them at all, although I don't mind RPG games. Loved all three of the Mass Effect games.

Would you recommend them though? Maybe I enjoyed the ME trilogy cos' I have a tendency to be a science fiction nerd from time to time.

If I do get em' it would be on the X360. Tonne of games I've missed out on, including Dragon Age and Skyrim.

I would generally recommend Dark Souls I and II to anyone. The RPG elements are important and all, but the reason they're good is because they're challenging but, as opposed to other "hard" games, they're always fair.

The 360 is... Well, not ideal. It suffers from heavy frame rate drops in specific areas and such. Still, the Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (which includes the DLC) should be real cheap these days. Worth it, imho.

I would recommend Demon Souls myself. I think it's better that Dark Souls and is available on the PSN PS3 at £3.99. That is amazing value.

I saw a couple reviews and they were generally positive, the main point of contention is the controls are not as tight as the Souls games it is compared to, but all in all, the reviewers seemed to like the game. I haven't played any of the Souls games so I had no point of comparison while reading the reviews.

I have a feeling this game will be buried with all the big releases though, which is too bad considering that it sounds like a fairly good game.

I have a feeling this game will be buried with all the big releases though, which is too bad considering that it sounds like a fairly good game.
Yeah, this.

And the constant comparisons to Dark Souls aren't doing LotF any favours, either. It sure looks like a good game in its own right, but it'll have a hard time stepping out of Dark Souls' shadow.

/edit: Gotta be honest. The above is the very reason why I've not picked it up, yet, and might be waiting for a Steam sale.

Last edited:
Skyrim great game. Wouldn't go with the console Version 'cause the PC has mods, though.

Dunno about Dragon Age, never played that.

@speedster Skyrim? In my view it's the single best game of the previous generation.

Yeah, this.

And the constant comparisons to Dark Souls aren't doing LotF any favours, either. It sure looks like a good game in its own right, but it'll have a hard time stepping out of Dark Souls' shadow.

/edit: Gotta be honest. The above is the very reason why I've not picked it up, yet, and might be waiting for a Steam sale.

Not helped by the developer themselves saying that they took more than inspiration from the Souls series.

Excellent review here.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/28/lords-of-the-fallen-review-darkish-souls-4924489/

Not helped by the developer themselves saying that they took more than inspiration from the Souls series.
Obviously, but lots of people seem to
1) assume that "drawing inspiration from Dark Souls" means creationg Dark Souls III and, thus, judge the game negatively for not being an exact copy (combat Feeling 'heavier' is one of the things that's brought up a lot)
2) rate the game negatively because "it's a rip off" (see user reviews on Metacritic, for example)

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Lots of games draw inspiration from each other, but the reaction towards Lords of the Fallen seems... Well, drastic. Might be because the Souls community is a bit 'special', for lack of a better word.

I'm waiting for the price to drop on this one. I see a lot of comparisons to Dark Souls but then they go on to say playstyle is similar but easier and more accessible and that's right up my alley. I absolutely HATE Dark Souls, yes its hard, way too hard for a casual player like me to pick up and play. Its too slow paced for me and requires too much practice to master. I guess it just doesn't even appeal to me enough to make me want to master it. I'm hoping Lords takes elements similar to DS and makes them easier for a casual player like me. If so, I'm sure I'll like it.

Related: is Dragon Age worth it? Wha'bout' Skyrim?

I only played the first Dragon Age, it was a decent game but I found the combat system somewhat lacking. The branching storyline and the characters held my interest until the end of the game, so that made up for it.

Are you talking about the new Skyrim Online MMO game coming out soon? Because of the $15 per month subscription fee, I'm out. If you are asking about Skyrim for 360 then that is one of the best RPG's I have ever played, I would recommend Kingdoms of Amalur too.

I might get Lords of the Fallen or Dragon Age Inquisition, both games have my interest right now, I just need to do more research into the combat systems for both.

I might get Lords of the Fallen or Dragon Age Inquisition, both games have my interest right now, I just need to do more research into the combat systems for both.
I'm in a similar position. With all the reviews mentioning how unstable LotF is on the PC, I've decided to wait for a sale on that. The relatively short time you'll spend on the first playthrough had me question the 50 bucks they're asking for the game at the moment. But with technical issues on top of that, LotF's gone down from a hype game to a Steam Sale candidate for me.

Thus, buying DA:I on release is now looking like a real option. With LotF out of the way, I've got both the time and the funds to enjoy a different game, and DA:I does look quite nice, I gotta say.

I only played the first Dragon Age, it was a decent game but I found the combat system somewhat lacking. The branching storyline and the characters held my interest until the end of the game, so that made up for it.

Are you talking about the new Skyrim Online MMO game coming out soon? Because of the $15 per month subscription fee, I'm out. If you are asking about Skyrim for 360 then that is one of the best RPG's I have ever played, I would recommend Kingdoms of Amalur too.

From the sounds of it, Skyrim on 360 is worth checking out, I suppose.

Couple days into this game. Seems like a lot of grinding to get leveled up enough to take on the lords. It's fun, challenging to the point of frustration but beating a lord is very satisfying.

Anyone else active playing? Thoughts?

Back