Lost all my cars

• Thread starter Peedi
  • 108 comments
thanks alot fred, looks like you found the cause of the bug. i also remember that i tuned an AE car (scirocco n24) and had the "garg" error before losing all my cars and stars (also switched between a/b/c setting!). however, when i saved the game and closed it, i was sitting in a normal bmw z4, thats the only difference .
sadly i can´t test it again until tomorrow.....

I think I undersood now, I was able to got back a previously problematic AE car (my megane, at last!), and it updates, now I have updated mileage and PP. What should NOT be done, is to switch from the different car configurations (A/B/C) in an AE car setting. This is what caused the GARG naming and all the errors and lost of cars and stars. It might not be related to power limiter or whatever.

If someone can confirm if this is general (ie, switching A/B/C configurations in an AE car produces errors, with maybe large consequences)
I don't think it needs to be an AE car, as it (no cars, no stars) happens to me when in the Rocket '07. Though I am raising & lowering power, changing A/B/C set ups and getting GARG naming (I do have AE cars in my garage)

I think I undersood now, I was able to got back a previously problematic AE car (my megane, at last!), and it updates, now I have updated mileage and PP. What should NOT be done, is to switch from the different car configurations (A/B/C) in an AE car setting. This is what caused the GARG naming and all the errors and lost of cars and stars. It might not be related to power limiter or whatever.

If someone can confirm if this is general (ie, switching A/B/C configurations in an AE car produces errors, with maybe large consequences)

I definitely think You're onto something as well bc i initially experienced my lost save data after i tried tweaking the stock tune on a ae car, and then my s2000. hence bringing up the garg error. Good investigative work!

I think rather than it needing to be an AE car, it's that we have the AE and change car configurations (A/B/C) - as the most recent error with mine I only drove the Rocket '07 - while changing A/B/C (& getting GARG) and then upon restarting GT6 it asking either to use back-up or select language.

I read somewhere in the tuning forum that A/B/C setting does not work properly anyway, so it is just safe not to touch it as long as it is not fixed; I have no problem anymore now, and used and tuned many AE cars yesterday; I save on 3 different USB sticks to be safe!

I can confirm that this has nothing to do with AE cars as it just happened to me and I do not have AE cars.

It is most likely the tuning tabs like you mentioned, best to only use A and write down your tunes on paper! And don't name them anything!

I had the same thing happen to me as has been described in this thread. Saturday I was messing around with the tune tabs on my AE '66 gt40 and noticed the "GARG" in the description.

Well upon loading up on Sunday all my cars were gone. Well I thought maybe it was a mis load,so I loaded it upon again with the same result as it overwrote my backup file. Unfortunately I lost about 4 hours of progress. Since Sunday I have been backing up on a USB stick and not messing with the tabs and have not had the issue since.

I had the same thing happen to me as has been described in this thread. Saturday I was messing around with the tune tabs on my AE '66 gt40 and noticed the "GARG" in the description.

Well upon loading up on Sunday all my cars were gone. Well I thought maybe it was a mis load,so I loaded it upon again with the same result as it overwrote my backup file. Unfortunately I lost about 4 hours of progress. Since Sunday I have been backing up on a USB stick and not messing with the tabs and have not had the issue since.

Just a reminder then (if others could confirm, or see whether something else is going one): DON'T CLICK ON THE A/B/C CAR SETTINGS, NEVER. AE cars seem to be more prone to this bug, but it could happen to other cars. SAVE YOUR BACKUP ON USB EVERY TIME BEFORE YOU LAUNCH THE GAME, and keep previous backups on a computer. If you see "GARG" in the car setting name, you will probably loose your saved game when you restart.

I had this problem 3-4 times, and now it is ok since I didn't touch the A/B/C settings since several days

That should probably be discussed/confirmed/announced somewhere else, so that some more "hardcore" players could test more deeply this bug and see whether an update fixes it

oh man, maybe GARG is the guy who robbed cars way back in GT2. maybe this the modern Garage Bug for GT2. i'll try to make a poem out of this

Note:
Same thing happen to me but I was able to recover by using my backup save.

oh man, maybe GARG is the guy who robbed cars way back in GT2. maybe this the modern Garage Bug for GT2. i'll try to make a poem out of this

Note:
Same thing happen to me but I was able to recover by using my backup save.

I guess they wanted to celebrate/reflect on all aspects of the gt series in this it's 15th anniversary. Why not have a garage eating bug :) I still remember a buddy of mine losing his garage on GT2.

well heres my poem

He's back, who?
Turismo Le Grande's son, VI or known as "The GARG",
When I was tuning, he sneaked in my garage, planning to steal,
After tuning, my cars disappeared in a flash,
I cried because I lost my 787B,86 Race Car Base Model and my most prize possession,
MY BMW Z4 GT3 RACE CAR!!:(
I asked my father, WHO STOLE IT?
He said, it was GARG, The son of the thief Turismo Le Grande II
Beware players, because you cannot know when GARG will strike.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Car Town EX User
21 Million Garage Value
Soon to be.....a proud owner of Honda CRZ

Just a reminder then (if others could confirm, or see whether something else is going one): DON'T CLICK ON THE A/B/C CAR SETTINGS, NEVER. AE cars seem to be more prone to this bug, but it could happen to other cars. SAVE YOUR BACKUP ON USB EVERY TIME BEFORE YOU LAUNCH THE GAME, and keep previous backups on a computer. If you see "GARG" in the car setting name, you will probably loose your saved game when you restart.

I had this problem 3-4 times, and now it is ok since I didn't touch the A/B/C settings since several days

That should probably be discussed/confirmed/announced somewhere else, so that some more "hardcore" players could test more deeply this bug and see whether an update fixes it

Same problem :( And my backup is also corrupt.
For now I don't want to play anymore.
I hope this problem will have a solution...

Remark : No AE Cars for me...

I can confirm that this has nothing to do with AE cars as it just happened to me and I do not have AE cars.

It is most likely the tuning tabs like you mentioned, best to only use A and write down your tunes on paper! And don't name them anything!

That's what I've been doing in GT5.

This is stupid. PD can make cars simulate physics but they don't know how to program 3 tabs with names. They're too focused on the cars they forgot about the basic stuff!

Hello guys.

I'm French. I have this bug and just lost all my cars.

- I have the anniversary edition.

- I never used the tabs A, B, C. I haven't buy any tires or modifications on my cars. So this bug doesn't came from tabs A B C!

- Yesterday i used the money glitch and bought about 1200 cars. I had 400 cars in my garage and over 800 in the stockyards. I just bought all this cars and never use the modification menu.

- I have a save back up on usb that i use: this doesn't work, which means that the save was corrupted before to quit the game yesterday.

- I can't reloaded the anniversary cars, just the helmets and suits.

- I see many guys from different country have this bug. Some have never use the glitch, others have just 3 hours of gaming. Some do have anniversary cars and others don't. No change with different ps3 version...

For AE cars you all mean Anniversary Cars right? Never happened to me since I've never used one of these or adjusted the setup, I just moved all of them to the stockyard but brought back to the garage due to the glitch I've heard.
No lose progress at all or cars either.
I'm playing the game "properly", no 20 instant-million glitch or other "illegal" quick money method and no anniversary cars.

Last edited:
so which means, those anniversary edition cars are glitched am i right?

RIP:
787B
gt5___mazda_787b_8_by_thefinek-d3j3arm.jpg

BMW Z4 GT3
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
so which means, those anniversary edition cars are glitched am i right?
Seems like changing from setup A to B and C on these cars causes the game to glitch, I would recommend not to use Anniversary Cars for the moment (at least leaving them without changes), until when we have an official confirmation of a bug fix.

I've run into the dreaded GARG as well, good to see it's being documented.
My AE GT40 so far seems to be the only one affected in my garage (that I am aware of).
I'd previously used it and lowered the power (and fiddled with the A/B/C tabs though they didn't seem to do anything). When racing with the car again today, I noticed that upgrades purchased before one race were lost when I exited and entered another race, and the engine power limiter was reset to it's old lowered value, not the 100% it was moved up to in today's first race.
Upon seeing this thread I launched the game again to move the rest of my AE cars from my stockyard to the main garage to try to keep them from being lost, but when the game started it asked me to start from a backup file.
Fortunately all I lost was today's progress (a handful of races in IA level and 2 purchased cars). My AE GT40 is still showing "GARG", and 2 of my moved AE cars showed the image (in the garage listing) of the 2 cars I lost, but I did an image update on those and they went back to normal.
Really hoping they fix this, I like the GT40, just want one that isn't infested.

- Did you have AE cars ? Yes
- Did you tune them? Did you reduce power with the power limiter? Yes
- Did you see the "GARG" name for the car setting ? Yes
- Did the AE cars you used came from the stockyard, or have you never used the stockyard? Yes

I remember having this before my save was damaged.
I've not used the Stockyard, since, but have de-tuned the AE cars, and used all 3 tabs and have been fine. so it seems to be use off tabs and Stockyard/Scapyard ;).

Last edited:
Hey guys, just turned on my ps3. It asked me to upload save data but I did not since I didn't think nothing of it then boom all cars gone too. I came across that " GARG" too last night and now I'm trying to figure out how to upload save file in my usb stick. Deleted save file in XMB, copied save file from stick, reloaded gt6 and still no cars. I just deleted game data file now, loaded gt6 again and seeing what's going to happen,,will report back.

Hey guys, just turned on my ps3. It asked me to upload save data but I did not since I didn't think nothing of it then boom all cars gone too. I came across that " GARG" too last night and now I'm trying to figure out how to upload save file in my usb stick. Deleted save file in XMB, copied save file from stick, reloaded gt6 and still no cars. I just deleted game data file now, loaded gt6 again and seeing what's going to happen,,will report back.

Okay..still nothing, everything lost. How come my save file from the usb stick won't work? Any help please.

Edit: Oh S***T!!! my usb save file still has that AE with "GARG" in it.

Last edited:
Okay..still nothing, everything lost. How come my save file from the usb stick won't work? Any help please.

Edit: Oh S***T!!! my usb save file still has that AE with "GARG" in it.

For what I understand, if the game asks you whether it should charge the backup save, you have to click YES. You will then loose only your last game session. Otherwise, it will charge the corrupt file, and then the backup file will quickly by overwritten with the corrupted file (this is what happened to me last week)
The save on your USB should work if it is not a save from the end of the last session, otherwise it is probably corrupted as well. That's indeed problematic, that is why you need to keep the older saved files (on a computer or you use two usb stick). If you quit the game and copy your save on usb, and then at the next start the save is corrupted, this means that your backup on usb is also corrupted. I admit that this is seriously badly designed by PD/Sony !! If none of your backup work, I have no solution except to restart everything

ps: I don't think that deleting game data helps, you will just loose your photos and things like that. If you restart everything AE cars can be recovered (see some previous posts for details)

When this happens to you, do you see what appears in this video? Because I've seen that GARG thing too and twice I've had my gamesave get corrupted and lose my cars:

I have a recent, and good gamesave backup. I will do some testing tonight to get to the bottom of this. I think you may be on to something about switching setting sheets in an AE car. I use them all the time and make changes and recall seeing a GARG (to which I say 'WTF?' and delete it so that setting sheet name is blank), although I don't remember specifically if it was in an AE car or not.

Jerome

Last edited:
I've recreated the problem (still on v1.01). One of the events I have left is the Nascar one, which unfortunately requires you to change the power to 70% for some of the races and you need 100% for the others.

So I got in my Nascar went into the settings page and flipped it to setting page B and right away (without making ANY setting changes) I got the GARG. I then removed that text and dropped the power down to 70%. I then manually saved and exited the game.

Restarted the game and boom, asked me to load a backup. I'm going to restore my gamesave and try dropping the 70% in settings sheet A and save and exit and see what happens.

EDIT: Just changing the power to 70% in settings sheet A did not corrupt my game save. So I would 2nd the advice mentioned before and DO NOT USE OR CHANGE SETTINGS SHEETS until a specific update fix is given.

Now I have enough confidence to go back and re-do some Super and IA races for the 3rd time :ouch:

And, many thanks Fred for helping find the trigger for this issue :bowdown:

Jerome

Last edited:
Back