Lost my PSN login, is all my progress lost?

• Thread starter Jack002
  • 15 comments
aaajack002
I had a working PSN account with years of game progress on it, I lost my email account they shut it down and emails to it just bounce. I can't go in to change my email account because I have forgotten my password. The PS3 keeps it in there and stores it and I never thought about what it was for a long time, never wrote down. Now I can't get in to make it go to my new email, is all my progress lost forever? I'd hate to have to start over with all that it has on it

Your PSN password is not your email password if thats what you mean.

There's likely some way of getting your password from your email provider. Try to contact them about it, you'll probably need another means of getting the password from them like another email account.

Nevermind the text above, I misinterpreted you. I'm gonna check something real quick and i'll be back.

Heres how to change your PSN password

Last edited:
I had a working PSN account with years of game progress on it, I lost my email account they shut it down and emails to it just bounce. I can't go in to change my email account because I have forgotten my password. The PS3 keeps it in there and stores it and I never thought about what it was for a long time, never wrote down. Now I can't get in to make it go to my new email, is all my progress lost forever? I'd hate to have to start over with all that it has on it

Call up PlayStation. If you know several of your friends on your account, what you have purchased and when you purchased it, your DOB and your address, you might be able to have them directly change your password and your email for you.

If you've attached a debit/credit card to your account then it should be much, much easier too.

We did this for my sister when she realised that the email that she entered didn't exist anymore, so we were able to get it back.

Spent 45 min on playstation help chat. No progress at all! He said the system was slow and to try again tommorrow. There were 150 people ahead of me to get to even be heard from.
I have about 12 years of saves on this account and cars on GT6 I will never be able to get again. Its all stuck on this account I can't use online.

Spent 45 min on playstation help chat. No progress at all! He said the system was slow and to try again tommorrow...
I know you have probably already thought of this, but if not, try contacting them at a different time of day. They're probably busier right now due to the update 2.0 being just launched and the problems some users are getting.

Many saves are locked to the original account.
Yes. If he deletes his current local account and creates a new one that isn't linked tot he same PSN account, it won't work. I learned that from experience :(. However, using the same old local account without deleting it should work.

Got it fixed, but MAN what a battle. I was on with four different people on help chat. Took forever. I didn't know it but you can only have ONE PSN account per email. Makes no sense. The help they have is terrible. You'd do better giving up and never using the thing again.

^ Because it's pointless to use more than one email address for exactly one person if you want to create multiple PSN accounts for different purposes?

My brother had a similar problem but he typed in a load of daft PSN personal details (Name: Forrest Gump for example) when setting up his account and because it doesn't correlate with his real details he can't get a new password from Sony, is he completely f'ed?

I'm surprised you didn't knew that...

Why it does not?
Makes no sense because more than one person in the house might want to play it?
If a father and son want to compete, you'd need an email addy for both. Thats dumb
Also I thought about starting over and not destroying my progress, not possible with one account.
I don't see why I have to state the obvious.

Back