Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably driving it too hard. I noted that the car likes to turn under braking, and do it well, but too much speed makes for what feels like understeer. When that comes in, I do a quick lift, tap brakes, hit throttle procedure that brings it back in line.

And I got some more seat time in my "Evil" tune for my BTR, swapped over to Blackbird, and it became what it SHOULD have felt like the first time: Awesome. It's GLUED to the road surface whenever you're on the throttle. Off throttle is not bad, with just a little oversteer. To learn this car, a much harder-edged setup is useful, as once you get used to that, this setup makes the BTR compliant for a 700hp 964.

I tried the R4 at Laguna Seca and was a little surprised. I'll agree with Rotary on the car wanting to turn while braking, on most corners I would just tap the brakes 2 - 3 times, 1 at entrance to turn the car into the corner, 1 at apex to once again line it back up, and sometimes a third time to avoid the dirt on the exit. I was running around 1'48's in it.

See, Leo you're lucky. You've got stuff to do in the way of tuning. I'm so bored that I'm back to testing my arse off rather than tuning. So I'm testing CCF's S4.

At the same time, I'm trying to study things about cars since within a year I'll be a car mechanic as well. So, I'm not lucky, I'm multitasking gearhead whose hands or face are almost permanently covered in brake dust, oil or such. :D

Hi Leo I saw your Mister Black tunning . and I want ask about toe thing ,you make +20 Deg at the front and -10 Deg on the back ,is that will reduces the accelration or not?

All regards

shangoob

I tried the R4 at Laguna Seca and was a little surprised. I'll agree with Rotary on the car wanting to turn while braking, on most corners I would just tap the brakes 2 - 3 times, 1 at entrance to turn the car into the corner, 1 at apex to once again line it back up, and sometimes a third time to avoid the dirt on the exit. I was running around 1'48's in it.

With my setup i hit 1'25.

Could you guys please take that discussion to PM's? I know that it was ignited by my setup but still.. :nervous:

Shangoob, It does reduce the acceleration slightly since it causes more friction between tyre and road, but it also pays back as better cornering.

Apology accepted.. Still, I know that it WAS perfect base for it, but wouldn't you be annoyed after you have worked hours on something and then someone would come, see it, take it, adjust it to fit their liking and talk in front of you "oh look what I did today!" with his friends..? I know, bit exaggerated, but recent weeks here have slightly lowered my cool-reserves..

Now, now, now. Naturally a setup can't please everyone. But before beginning to compare them, take into account a few things.

First, controller differences. The good old DS2 is a lot more forgiving than the G25 wheel.
Second, driver skill differences. Someone who has just got the game is undoubtedly slower than a GT4 veteran.
Third, track differences. Read the next chapter for explanation.

Our setups are meant to be used on virtually any track, so compromises must have been made. Shorten the gearing and the car will suffer badly on faster tracks. Stiffen the suspension and it will bounce on bumpy tracks.

If you want to compare your own times with someone, let it be me. I have driven those "target times" on Grand Valley Speedway with the DFP or G25. And I am a reasonably good player. 85-gold good. So if you think your settings are so brilliant, let's see if you can beat those times with them.

Ok Greycap you have a deal, i will PM you the settings and you can see how you like my s4 setup... and leon im sorry again but it just had to be tweaked to rid the understeer.

Could you guys please take that discussion to PM's? I know that it was ignited by my setup but still.. :nervous:

Shangoob, It does reduce the acceleration slightly since it causes more friction between tyre and road, but it also pays back as better cornering.

But that will reduces the acceleration all the time and in my thought there's will be alot of sacrifice and that means alot of losing the power .

Bigger speed isn't always a good thing, especially when you don't have downforce available to keep you on the road. That setup makes the car turn as well as it possibly can with that power, weight and tyres. it is a compromise, but I rather go slightly slower on the road than overshoot a corner, miss the apex and sink on the kitty litter.

I just got done testing ya'lls R4 again, and I must say that it has grown on me. My Laguna Seca lap time is down to 126.50 (I'm rather proud of that) and I have learned the braking distances for the car. Punch the gas on this monster and your rocketing off in a straight line. The first couple of laps I would always spin out on the first corner, but after getting a little more used to the car, I solved that probelm with a gradual braking strategy.

I'm quite impressed with every car that I've tested from MFT, looking forward to seeing what all you two can accomplish.

Bigger speed isn't always a good thing, especially when you don't have downforce available to keep you on the road. That setup makes the car turn as well as it possibly can with that power, weight and tyres. it is a compromise, but I rather go slightly slower on the road than overshoot a corner, miss the apex and sink on the kitty litter.

It's really hard to explain which is better between the best cornering with low speed and good cornring with highest speed .

but as people said The second place equals losing 👍

I've been struggling a lot with my M5. I know the M5 is capable of much more, but I haven't been able to tune it to go fast and corner well. So I'm asking the ones who know if they can make me a setup?

Shangoob: The toe settings may slow the car down. SLIGHTLY. We're talking 2-3mph of max-V. Then the car rips through the corners 5-6mph faster. What makes the bigger difference?

Shangoob: The toe settings may slow the car down. SLIGHTLY. We're talking 2-3mph of max-V. Then the car rips through the corners 5-6mph faster. What makes the bigger difference?

where did you get that info?

Edit:I thought this was Greycap's and Leo's thread.:)

I tested the updated Trueno Leo, and it runs smoother thanks to the increased revving ability (no longer have to wait around in corners to shift, i can just shift and gun-it out of them without waiting)

However its still not giving me that "Initial D" vibe, maybe its just me, probably is, or maybe its the Racing suspension, idk, i just seem to enjoy my own setup more, Sports tuning, no BBC, getting as close to ABS-less as possible in GT4

Not to say it isn't a good car, the LSD really helps its cornering ability in tight spots, and i believe thats what you were aiming for 👍

Shangoob: It IS Grey and Leo's thread.

But honestly, the speed difference by adding that small of an amount of toe on straights is minimal if the car handles better with it.

Well Leo, i found your setup to work better once i got used to the car i hit about 1 52 in your R4 and about 1 54 in my R4 i just have to change the ride height on your setup, and had to not push it as hard it does have more grip than mine though :).

I just set up the Dodge charger super bee to MFT specifications and gave it a test run on New York, in the American Muscle series. This car annihilates rubber. I know it calls for R3's but given the requirements of the race I had to go with S3's. The Charger laid a path of rubber everywhere it went, with smoke pouring out of the rear end, a truly exhilarating ride to say the least, though it seemed like it just couldn't find grip on the crappier tires.

I also found what appears to be a mistake in your gear ratios, I set default, then set the auto, and 5th and 6th gear can not go high enough to meet the settings that you give for them? Just wanted to make you aware of that, unless of course I did something wrong, but I've already setup four or five MFT cars and I haven't run into this before.

I can't give a real review yet as I haven't tested it on R3's but I am about to go back and try it out at GVS and see what she's really made of.

I just set up the Dodge charger super bee to MFT specifications and gave it a test run on New York, in the American Muscle series. This car annihilates rubber. I know it calls for R3's but given the requirements of the race I had to go with S3's. The Charger laid a path of rubber everywhere it went, with smoke pouring out of the rear end, a truly exhilarating ride to say the least, though it seemed like it just couldn't find grip on the crappier tires.
Too true... 720 bhp and more than a thousand Newtons don't mix well with S tyres. It's drivable with very light throttle use, of course, but the engine needs slicks to show its full potential.

I also found what appears to be a mistake in your gear ratios, I set default, then set the auto, and 5th and 6th gear can not go high enough to meet the settings that you give for them? Just wanted to make you aware of that, unless of course I did something wrong, but I've already setup four or five MFT cars and I haven't run into this before.
Either you are doing something wrong or there is a difference between PAL and NTSC versions. I suspect the former though, sorry to say but still. I just tried it out myself, beginning from the default Auto Setting of 5. I increased it to 10, which directly led to the fact that the shortest possible ratio for the sixth gear is 0.900 and 1.040 isn't even at the limit for the fifth. I won't admit I'm wrong on this as I am not. The problem lies somewhere else.

I can't give a real review yet as I haven't tested it on R3's but I am about to go back and try it out at GVS and see what she's really made of.
I'm sure you will see it as a better car after that. 👍

I found the car more driveable when I switched to the Analog accelerate and gradually increased throttle, it drove like a dream. As far as the gear ratio's that was all me, I just checked it and apparently in my deleriousness from too much pain medication(teeth) and too many top speed trials last night, I put the super charger on it instead of the Na3, thus creating different gear ratios. My apologies.

Maybe we should have a warning that these cars really aren't for the "buttonmashers" as the people playing without analog controls are commonly referred to as. Best driven with a wheel but naturally skillful use of the DS2 will also work.

I doubt the Supercharger / NA thing, it doesn't have any effect on the transmission, only the engine. I have the NA tuning on it as it gives a slightly more manageable all-round engine instead of a total low range torque monster. The reason to the gearing problem was something else but it doesn't matter a bit as you got it solved! 👍

Maybe we should have a warning that these cars really aren't for the "buttonmashers" as the people playing without analog controls are commonly referred to as. Best driven with a wheel but naturally skillful use of the DS2 will also work.

I doubt the Supercharger / NA thing, it doesn't have any effect on the transmission, only the engine. I have the NA tuning on it as it gives a slightly more manageable all-round engine instead of a total low range torque monster. The reason to the gearing problem was something else but it doesn't matter a bit as you got it solved! 👍

The supercharger issue was exactly what created the gearing issue, if you set up the car with the supercharger and then set the tranny settings that you gave, then 5th and 6th can't get high enough, as soon as you switch over to Na3 they can. All I did was get back in the car buy Na3 and install it, then I went and checked the tranny and 5th and 6th had new top ends.

Pretty odd, I have never run into a case like that. I guess I'll have to try it out myself to believe it. Whatever, I hope you'll get the R3 test done soon! :)

I have 3 ready cars to be delivered for the customers. 1 M5, 1 Triumph Spitfire and 1 TVR T350C.. they're ready to be picked up as soon as the customers will ask about it.

I'm ready to give the spitfire a test run Leonidae, can't wait to see what kind of magic you made happen this time.

Ready for the M5 here. You did give it 900 horses right? :nervous::dopey: I wanna see what the pros will do to monsters like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back