Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vander: I'm ready to give the spitfire a test run Leonidae, can't wait to see what kind of magic you made happen this time.

Car has been delivered.:sly:

ImprezaAddict: Ready for the M5 here. You did give it 900 horses right? I wanna see what the pros will do to monsters like these.

well, actually I made it more like fun car to drive, 599bhp, S3's, no wing and still ran 1'55.5xx @ GVS.. But if you wish, I'll slap wing and R3's on it and PM it to you then.💡

ChampCarFan: Leonidae i hope you read my post about the R4 after i got home from work yesterday.

Yes I did read it and I'm happy that you were able to follow my instructions. Big 👍 for that!

Well I was kinda joking. I wasn't even sure if the M5 could 900, but I guess that was sort of a yes. What I guess I need is something that can destroy asphalt at the Sarthe straight, while having some strong cornering skills. But don't setup the car too much for Sarthe II speeds, maybe more Nurb carvers.

well, at the moment it has mere 696bhp, and does low 1'42s@ GVS, so I think it's adequate for Nurb.. :sly: maximum BHP would be something like 760+, but then the traction would be even bigger problem. now it has plenty of grip from 3rd gear onwards, and even on 2nd if you're careful with throttle.

Great, if 1'42 in Grand Valley is good, its great the way it is. I'm not a Grand Valley fan, so I don't know what a good time is.

well, let's just say that it's just 2 seconds behind 900bhp Lotus Esprit.. :nervous: and this car is bit nervous to drive on Nurb, so stay on your toes. *PM's the settings*

You could Invent an awesome name for it and post it. Say BMW MFTM5 or BMW M5FT.

Got the settings too, thanks. I'll tell you all about it tommorow or in the weekend.

We shall see about that.. there's many high-performance, super-fast cars coming out from my mudhut under the mullet.. :lol:

What's a mudhut? A hut of mud? O_o

By super-fast you mean Cadillac Cien style fast? Would be awesome. I can betcha it would be a pavement-scorching, AI-crushing monster. It would, of course, be at home on Sarthe II or Test Course.

Thanks for the Spunky Spitfire Leo, it's a super fun little driver. Your specialty tunes on these low hp cars has made me really appreciate a section of GT4 that in the past I merely found boring and tedious. I dropped some s1's on it and have almost perfected 360's in it to the point where I lose very little time but still have a LOT of fun! On the s2's it drives like a crazy little drifter, just what I wanted. Keep it up!

ImprezaAddict: What's a mudhut? A hut of mud? O_o

By super-fast you mean Cadillac Cien style fast? Would be awesome. I can betcha it would be a pavement-scorching, AI-crushing monster. It would, of course, be at home on Sarthe II or Test Course.

just a figure of speech, that mudhut.. :lol:

Cadillac Cien? Oh please, don't mention that economical grocery getter in the same sentence as those. These beasts once destroyed their opposition in many different racing leagues until they went out of production.

Vander: Thanks for the Spunky Spitfire Leo, it's a super fun little driver. Your specialty tunes on these low hp cars has made me really appreciate a section of GT4 that in the past I merely found boring and tedious. I dropped some s1's on it and have almost perfected 360's in it to the point where I lose very little time but still have a LOT of fun! On the s2's it drives like a crazy little drifter, just what I wanted. Keep it up!

You're welcome. I actually didn't have high hopes for it, but now that it's done, I'm happy with the results.

GeryMFT, for your "TRD Trueno" do you mean we have to buy R3 tyres? Because S3 is the standard tyres.

No, it means that you keep it as it is.

ok Leonidae, just want to make sure before I test it at grand valey speedway so I know the target lap record (MFT's lap time).

Well, I had to make an appearance sometime ;)

The more I look around here, the more impressed I am by the extremely good reviews you two are getting - not that I expect any less from you, of course :sly:
So, perhaps there's a good reason to get me back into GT4 sitting around here waiting for me - do you think I could jump straight back into a Pro-rated car? If so, it just becomes a matter of which one... The Spirra tempts me greatly, but I'm not sure whether I could cope with it after so long out of the game. :)

Either way, a full review will arise from whatever car I take. Any particular recommendations for me?

DE

Well, Spirra is insane axe murderer as it is, but before slight change in the settings it was mass murderer.. So, go ahead and have fun! I believe you'll start sweating sooner or later depending of the track..:dopey: And as Greycap has said before, his cars are more slippery ones, and are insanely fast in skilled hands, whereas my rides provide fast laps with the huge amount of grip..

Sometimes his cars are faster, sometimes my cars are faster. It's up to driver as usual. ;)

you guys have such a large amount of cars to test and i just can't choose. i can probably handle a pro level car and any lower level car, but which one, could you recomend one? i will gladly review what ever car you recomend.

great, i'll get started right now.....
WOW, i just finished testing the alpine and that little car is a rocket. i was going through turns at 125 mph with no problem. you can basically steer the car with the gas pedal. i liked it so much that i took it to Tsukuba to see how fast it was compared to my other cars, it was just over a second slower than my fully tuned lancer evolution, opel speedster turbo, and impreza sport wagon with 499 horsepower. i would recomend this car to anyone.

Good to hear that, hemisport15! If you liked the Alpine, I'm sure you will like one of my upcoming cars too... less power but (in my opinion) even better handling. :)

Cockpits? We don't need no stinkin' cockpits! You slide your desk in front of the TV (A small 13"er) stand, set the TV so that it's right at desktop level, and bolt the wheel down on the keyboard tray. Detach and place monitor on desk to use computer, or just leave the monitor on the lamp table.

I gotta start doing budget cars... Just started a new game. Doing my B license right now.

Any suggestions, guys? I want something good for about 30-50k. (Yes, I AM making a request. :lol: And I'm used to a budget.) I just want something fun, and that I didn't have to bash my own head in tuning. (Or figuring out the bits I need).

Thanks in advance, I've rarely had anything bad to say about your setups, and even THAT gets reversed with a little seat time.

No need to PM it, post it.

Dark Elite I Would Recommend the MFT R4 is a great fast, fun, stuck to the road car you just have to take it easy in some corners, also i hit 1'26.xxx around laguna seca in it and i am in Div 3 of WRS but since then i've improved ALOT.

I gotta start doing budget cars... Just started a new game. Doing my B license right now.

Any suggestions, guys? I want something good for about 30-50k. (Yes, I AM making a request. :lol: And I'm used to a budget.) I just want something fun, and that I didn't have to bash my own head in tuning. (Or figuring out the bits I need).

No need to PM it, post it.

Nissan Skyline GTS-t '89/91 is a good choice. RWD, yet shares the 4 wheel steering with GT-R that makes it even more nimble. Light, produces around 440bhp, and in Greycap's hand it's faster than 510bhp GT-R.. :eek: :nervous:

Why thank you, Leo!

I'd like to see what Grey can come up with in the ways of suspension and LSD tuning, I can handle it from there.

Preferably, I'd like it tuned for S2's or lesser and full power, as I plan on running it at lower power with room to expand. (Eventually it will get full power and R3's, but I want something fun. And I'll build two. No, three. A Japan 80's, 90's, and pure fun. [80's/90's with stock power/S2's or lower, just LSD and suspension, maybe ratios, and hog wild for the "fun" car] Should be nice.)

Luckily, the GTS-t isn't that heavy. It's what, 1280kg? Danged GT-R weighs a lot more than that. And I like the looks of it better. After licensing, I'll buy one and drive it as-is to get a feel for it. Get through the FR class.

By the way, this would make the first R32 body Skyline tune (I know, it's an ER-32 or whatever) from MFT to see the thread, would it not?

Thanks in advance.

I'm going to put out a bunch of Skylines in a week or two anyway, including the GTS-t. first one will come out after my next car which is going to be a TVR. I'll show you guys WHY the GT-R's are just as good as fanboys think they are.. :mischievous: so, could you possibly wait? GTS-T is the first one to come out, followed by real monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back