Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
im not telling you how to do your job but what about a car made for the infinion sports car course? twisty but quite fast track

from our point of view, GVS is a good test track since it's pretty average. It has short, long and medium straights and corners, that help us to create well balanced settings that work on most of the tracks. It also has those nice, high curbs in the tunnels that can cause sudden death, as well as sand traps..

Don't get me wrong, Infineon is a good track, but it's not original GT track that has been in the game since GT1.

You bet that's the reason. 👍

On the other hand, it can kill the driver too. You never can tell with these machines. My R-Tune in "only" the Red Devil, but the Grim R34per takes the victory by an infinite margin when it comes to deadly GT-R's.

Oh, and speaking of GT-R freaks... I don't think you know my background. ;)

Greycap, Leonidae, Rotary Junkie:

nice conversations about the Grim R34per.., you will be dead.., :lol:

uh, i have been noticing.., there is always so much talk about the Skyline GT-R.., why not give room and talk about other Japanese cars, like for example, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution?? i love the Lan-Evo, it is my personal favorite tuner, all Evos i love them.., so, if i may suggest, why not tune a Lan-Evo?? :) an Evo VIII would do nicely..,

Mainly because we're both GT-R nuts... and partly because it's the benchmark Japanese car to be matched. But don't worry, there will be an Evo sooner or later. Maybe not an Evo VIII but some other model.

[own garage advertising]Well, I HAD an Evo.. Think it was just an Evo 1. But it was missing power. Bad. Oh well, my hands are presently full with psycho 'Merican cars.[/own garage advertising]

I'm an RX-7 nut, do more RX-7s! J/k. :lol:

I actually have a bunch of older Evolutions ready, but I'm still toying around with the LSD's etc. but now that we have delivered our most ultimate rides, time to go for something a lot more relaxing and fun.. and that means displacement of 2 litres and under.

nice R34PER guys.........after the Godzilla i was waiting for a R34 to be announced! well done guys, good job 👍

viper

Well, it depends on what you mean by drivable - floor it in the second gear and you may be facing the direction you came from but other than that, it doesn't differ too much from its lower powered brothers. Naturally the corner approach speeds are very high but that's why it has good brakes. :P

Seriously, we will never release anything undrivable. Some models take a bit more skill but all of them can be handled. 👍

Ok guys, i've finished playing with the R34per and for the hp it doesn't feel fast although it is...but the brakes need the settings of 5,4 and it stops quicker.

Mainly because we're both GT-R nuts... and partly because it's the benchmark Japanese car to be matched. But don't worry, there will be an Evo sooner or later. Maybe not an Evo VIII but some other model.

thats fine with me, as long as it is a Lan-Evo, a VII perhaps? any Evolution would do, thanks.., :)

Drifting 24/7, We'll keep the evo in mind.

Dimplz, The R34's brakes were set up as they are, since during testing I tried higher braking force as you have now, and it made the car rather.. hmm.. nervous under braking, especially at high speeds. Softer brakes slow down the weight shifting event, thus, the car remains under your control. sometimes faster isn't better ;)

i tried the R34PER and all i can say is WOW :bowdown: such a great car, so fast, so good handling, so good acceleration............i have no words for that! 👍

viper

Just adding my opinion about the brakes... they make the car a bit of a handful as they are. Coming into a hard braking that necessitates turning at 300+ km/h the car rocks slightly to the outside, then to the inside right on the verge of tearing itself out of control. Stronger brakes may work on slow and boring courses *cough* Tsukuba *cough* but when the going gets serious they will cause loss of traction in high speeds, resulting in spectacular crashes.

The controller used also plays a part, remember that the DS2 forgives a large amount of small movements like this as it corrects them automatically but with the G25 wheel every little twitch must be corrected by the driver.

Well, the point is, if you drive with the DS2 it's no problem to do that. I speak from a lot of experience, thanks to the unrealistically fast lock to lock movement of the pad it enables things that would never be possible with a 900 degree wheel. When the car begins snapping, all a DS2 player has to do is to throw the steering to the opposite direction for for a fraction of a second and then return to the original plan. As a comparison, a G25 player would have to turn the wheel for three to four complete circles in the same time.

Beginning to get the idea? ;)

Yes I understand I use a steering wheel i play GT4 but its a madcatz wheel and you cant adjust the sensitivity

Yep, I know those wheels. As far as I know, they're unfortunately only DS2 controllers made to the shape of a wheel, technically spoken.

It's a sad fact that this game was made from the beginning to be played with the Logitech wheels, a lot of the speech about the bad physics stems from the people playing it with the normal controllers or "third party" (I consider Logitech to be the first party in this case) wheels that don't give the full control over the movements of the car.

But yes, I understand your view. Anyone else want to comment a few cars? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back