Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, I have just built the "Blackbird" to the exact specs outlined. I have been testing it at Apricot Hill. I am pretty impressed with the car & its an interesting addition to my packed out stable of cars. I am running 1.19's at the moment as I get used to this powerful machine. She's reaching about 185MPH on the front stretch & taking the corners smoothly.
A controlled drift is also possible through the sweepers but I have managed to stuff it into the armco! Now I am off to do a few more practice laps prior to entering the Tuner Cup.
I just wanted to say thanks for the hard work that goes into these set-ups & I look forward to trying out a few more.
bluedot.

Impreza Addict I was suprised by the nimbleness of this sedan as well. Usually Audi's sportier models are understeery, nose heavy cows but this is more like a gazelle..💡

Kurei "Look, a corner! Doryaa! oh, another one? Soryaa!" Yeah, I can so see that fat old man doing that. Seems to be that this car suits your driving style pretty well. If it would be geared more towards top speed, it could be a rival for Berserker R, don't you think? That would be epic battle.. :scared::crazy: Maybe I shall adjust the gearing just a bit to match Berserker's performance some day..

Rotary Junkie Well, the Cerbera is a direct slap on 911's face, so no wonder that it has pretty stunning handling abilities. This Club Sport model has just brought those features out some more.:sly:

Bluedot Thank you for testing that old gargoyle! She still has some barely hidden lethal intentions, doesn't she? :D

Anyhow, I think that sooner or later ( maybe within few weeks ), I'll start putting in the cars name, make and model in my settings, just to help out the testers. Even though I can tell what car it is from first glance, I should had thought that not everyone is total car freak and a car mechanic in making..💡

Very well. What about tyres, wing, aspiration..?

And =Drifting24/7=, next time use edit-button insteadd of making multiple posts in row, mmkay? It keeps this thread clean. We indeed dd have a bit of a clash, since 1.) he did post his settings here even though this is a closed setup thread, and 2.) he blatantly copied our settings sheet.

aaaah, so that is why Cobra's thread is rather.., how do you say it.., strange?? odd?? anyway, what is done is done..,

uh, how do you use edit-button when making a thread??

Formula 1 car for the street. That's what the Europa was described to be when it debuted in the late sixties and that's what it still feels like. The unspoken king of sportscar design, Colin Chapman knew that the benefits of low weight could overcome the downsides of low power and he surely was right. The Europa was built as a successor to the immortal Lotus Seven and the fastest factory model around was the Special but now we present you the Super Special, a dedicated track oriented version. Even the chrome bumpers have been swapped for lighter rubber ones in pursuit of extreme handling (not to mention durability in close contact) and it has been worth it. The engine is relatively low powered with only 232 wild horses, but on the other side of the scale the curb weight is down to 664 kilograms. The result is arguably the best handling Lotus ever, a lightweight fibreglass rocket that just seems to have its own laws of physics.

i love the Europa, it is like, THE best Lotus ever.., super lightweight, superb control and handling.., 👍:)👍

Bluedot Thank you for testing that old gargoyle! She still has some barely hidden lethal intentions, doesn't she? :D

Lethal being the operative word! Have had a bit of fun in the JGTC with her. Although its possible to take the lead, usually I am taken out by a spectacular crash at some point in the race.

ImprezaAddict - Thanks for reviewing the R390, it's good to see that the car continues to impress people! 👍 And about the money, I have no idea what Leonidae does but I keep running the DTM in A-Spec, believe it or not. :sly:

EA11R - I appreciate your enthusiasm about making the car list better, but your version has one big fault. It makes looking for a certain car overly difficult. We've considered many different options but this far the alphabetical order has proved superior to the others, and in my opinion it is that over yours too. You made good points though. 👍

Lotus Elan SP'62

210 bhp, 263 Nm, 581 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 2
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3/R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 4.0 / 4.0
Ride Height: 100 / 100
Bound: 3 / 4
Rebound: 4 / 6
Camber: 2.5 / 1.5
Toe: 1 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 6

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.473
2nd: 1.699
3rd: 1.249
4th: 0.970
5th: 0.760
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 8

LSD
Initial: 20
Acceleration: 10
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Older gentleman came to me one day, and he was obviously annoyed. He told me that he was fed up with these kids with their hot hatches, who kept bullying him. I gave him a knowing smile and asked him to bring the car over. And I was overjoyed when I saw that tiny, classic roadster that was basically the father and mother of any modern, sporty and light cabriolet. Lotus Elan 62 is the car, and I prepared a Sports Pack for it. Sports Pack includes replacing most of the glass fibre bodywork with carbon fibre and kevlar, light, forged aluminium wheels and maximizing the potential of that tiny engine that could.. by fitting a knot right next to it. After few practise laps, he went back to the streets and delivered some proper old-school butt-kicking. Mission accomplished!

EA11R - I appreciate your enthusiasm about making the car list better, but your version has one big fault. It makes looking for a certain car overly difficult. We've considered many different options but this far the alphabetical order has proved superior to the others, and in my opinion it is that over yours too. You made good points though. 👍
Okay, no worries:)

Leonidae - Which tires do you recommend for the Lotus Elan? I'll surely test it, but I'm a hint confused about the way it is worded.

I'll take the freedom to answer as Leonidae isn't here. The car's lap time was driven using R3 tyres but it'll undoubtedly handle well with S3 rubber if that's what you want to use. Pointing out the tyres used is recommended when making a review, though. :)

These Lotus classics are much better cars than they seem to be at the first glance, well the Europa really is the ugly duckling but once on the track it reveals the swan inside it and flies into the distance on twisty roads. :D

Ok, I think my previous reviews were long and boring, so I'm going to make them concise, not so long either. And yes, I do have too much free time.

Tom's R600 Chaser

0-60: 4 s
60-0: 2 s
0-200: N/A
0-200-0: N/A
1/4 mi: 12 s
0-Top Speed: 22 s, 170 mph.
Lap (Sarthe I): 3'57'458

Acceleration is good, but for such a powerful car, it leaves a lot to be desired from it. The brakes are excellent though, I stopped in 2 s from 60. What really left a lot to be desired, was top speed. I don't know if the car was designed for speed, handling, or accel, but its not so fast. I believe that in most tracks you can go over 170 mph with this type of car, with space to spare. So it tops at 170 or so, so no 200mph times of any sort. But it does take 22 s to top speed, not bad. Now because of the car's speed, I tested it on Sarthe I, instead of II.

Corner exits are a nightmare, if, by any chance, you step on it, you have already spun out before you have time to react. At high speeds though, it holds strong, through the Prosche Curves it was awesome.

All in all, its a good package if you want to race in a City Course, or any high speed twisty course. If you're not sure you want unexpected and unwanted drifts, don't take slow tracks. In tracks like Sarthe I, it will perform beautifully.

Mustang GT-S

0-60: 5 s
60-0: 3 s
0-200: 44 s
0-200-0: 49 s
1/4 mi: 14 s
0-Top Speed: 45 s
New way of testing lap times! Compares untuned and tuned. The "untuned" times have all the mods, but not the tuning. Best lap, then lead on 2nd place car. This was done on Family cup +5
Sarthe II:
Untuned: 4'04'183/+5 s
Tuned: 3'49'721/+11 s

The first thing I noticed was how heavy the car felt, after the tuning, it felt better, but still heavy. I had some heavy understeer on several corners in Sarthe like Indianapolis and the Porshce Curves. It helps to start turning a bit too early to make the corner of less degree.

The 0-60 time isn't mind-blowing for such a car, but it holds its own. The 60-0 time is impressive. Its slow to the 1/4 mile though. That was my best time because I had difficulty to eliminate wheelspin. After natural wheelspin is gone, it starts to push to top speed in 45 s.

I was most impressed about the comparison of times. Untuned, it was very slow, dull, and boring to drive. The tuned setup improves laptime by about 15 seconds, and gets a 6 s lead! With the same AI cars! That's one serious improvement, it just goes to show the quality of tunes.

-End Reviews-

I test drove the Lotus Europa a little bit, already setup'd (:)), and it is really a very impressive car. Strong brakes, sharp handling. This is first impressions, but its going good. Expect a review soon.

here is my review of the Europe:

at first i tested the car with "only" S2's and no wing, and the car really handled like a dream. the acceleration is quite nice, and there is no real wheelspin with the S2's. but then i fitted the car with R3's and a wing and the wonderful car got even more wonderful! more grip, better and sharp handling........a totally crusher for some races! well done 👍

viper

Ok, I think my previous reviews were long and boring, so I'm going to make them concise, not so long either. And yes, I do have too much free time.
There is not such a thing as an overly long review. :sly:

Acceleration is good, but for such a powerful car, it leaves a lot to be desired from it. The brakes are excellent though, I stopped in 2 s from 60. What really left a lot to be desired, was top speed. I don't know if the car was designed for speed, handling, or accel, but its not so fast. I believe that in most tracks you can go over 170 mph with this type of car, with space to spare. So it tops at 170 or so, so no 200mph times of any sort. But it does take 22 s to top speed, not bad. Now because of the car's speed, I tested it on Sarthe I, instead of II.
Come to think of it, 600 hp isn't that much when the car weighs nearly 1300 kg and is shaped like a brick. That also leads me to answer the next problem, it's tuned for acceleration and handling. There's no point in having a car that can go 400 km/h but takes half an hour to get out of a slow corner. The Chaser just barely hits the rev limiter at the main straight of Grand Valley and while there are a few courses with longer straights, they are the minority. As an all round setup, I don't think a higher top speed is desirable as it would compromise the acceleration.

Corner exits are a nightmare, if, by any chance, you step on it, you have already spun out before you have time to react. At high speeds though, it holds strong, through the Prosche Curves it was awesome.
Two words: throttle control. One has to be pretty stupid to floor the throttle coming out of a slow corner in the 2nd gear when there is six hundred horsepower going to the rear wheels and only mediocre downforce to help with the grip.

All in all, its a good package if you want to race in a City Course, or any high speed twisty course. If you're not sure you want unexpected and unwanted drifts, don't take slow tracks. In tracks like Sarthe I, it will perform beautifully.
I still dare to say that there are no unwanted drifts, only ones caused by inappropriate throttle use. It IS drifty, I admit that as I built it to be like that, but very controllable if the driver is up to the task.

viperpilot - Long story short! While the R3 tyres naturally make the car more responsive and agile, its inherent handling characteristics don't actually - and fortunately! - change that much when stepping up the tyre class, the cornering speeds just get higher. If you want to drive it in some races (and win them) that allow Racing tyres I would suggest the Tuning Car Grand Prix or the Laguna Seca endurance. 👍

Come to think of it, 600 hp isn't that much when the car weighs nearly 1300 kg and is shaped like a brick.
I don't think its shaped like a brick. More of a curvy brick, at the very least.
That also leads me to answer the next problem, it's tuned for acceleration and handling.
Personally, I love speed. I love going fast, murdering the tires and the asphalt.
There's no point in having a car that can go 400 km/h but takes half an hour to get out of a slow corner.
True. But it will also work vice versa. There's no point in having a car that can rip through corners if its painfully slow in straights. :sly:

Two words: throttle control.
It was pretty sensitive with the whole control. There was no corner before the first chicane in the straight, and its low speed, I wasn't really expecting that.
img0011xp1.jpg

One has to be pretty stupid to floor the throttle coming out of a slow corner in the 2nd gear when there is six hundred horsepower going to the rear wheels and only mediocre downforce to help with the grip.
As I said, I wasn't expecting it. How could I control the throttle if I had no idea the car would do that at low speeds?

Also, when do I find the Cerbera?

It's pretty common.

The Chaser sounds like my Cougar. Murderous in first and second. (some most cars don't slide around HARD like my Cougar does. The Cougar and apparently Chaser aren't those cars)

Personally, I love speed. I love going fast, murdering the tires and the asphalt.
Ah, I see. In this case our cars are probably not for you, straight line speed isn't one of the top priorities we tune for. These are all round settings, and thus they won't fit every course.

True. But it will also work vice versa. There's no point in having a car that can rip through corners if its painfully slow in straights. :sly:
"Painfully slow" can be argued, I'd hardly call a car that goes about 290 km/h painfully slow - possibly a bit shortly geared for the power, but that's all. And as I said, there are very few courses on which the gearing becomes a real problem. The only ones that come to mind are the Sarthe II, Test Course and Nürburgring, and even on the Nordschleife there are so many corners that the acceleration will gain more than the top speed will lose.

It was pretty sensitive with the whole control. There was no corner before the first chicane in the straight, and its low speed, I wasn't really expecting that. How could I control the throttle if I had no idea the car would do that at low speeds?
When driving a new car, I wouldn't advice pushing it 110% from the very beginning. That's a certain way to find out the car's quirks the hard way.

Rotary Junkie - Have you tried the Chaser? If you have experience from the Cougar I'd like to hear your opinion about this one.

plus maybe i can do more covert recon on the cougar. the nasty Z is almost dialed in, and it's super neutral and driveable with 180~ in the straight at The Cap;) you're going to KILL me at infineon because i've run there maybe 4 times, i HATE that course. but i think i have you at laguna and the strip;) then again maybe vince will get the better of both of us:nervous:

Hey, you're in the MFT thread.

Here, I'll explain what Rockit was babbling about. Rockit, Vince and I are doing a challenge (results will be posted on here) to find the "best" pony car. My 570hp Cougar against (Yay Zero Mile!) Vince's lighter, 490hp GT350R, against, apparently, a full power Z/28.

I will test the Chaser later.

Just one question, why on earth are you going to post the results here? Please don't, I'm sure there are better places to do it as the ones interested in your race are probably looking for it somewhere else. I'd suggest Tuner Garages for you guys to get maximum coverage. 👍

Oh, believe me, we weren't planning on posting anything about that in here.
Seems to have happened by accident

Tom's R600: Great, a supposed basket case of oversteer. It's not.

In fact, understeer was more common during my tour of the 'Ring. This car can't seem to escape the fact that it has four doors, despite weighing less than a stock RX-7. Is it good? Yes, definitely. It does EXACTLY what I surmise it was made to do: Provide extremely rapid transport come hell or corners (but not high water).

Great for a sedan, great as anything, but I don't really see it being an MFT flagship vehicle.

Wow, you guys are developing very fast…congratulations 👍

I must say, I have to try the Grim R34per, it looks to be a very cool car.

You’ll hear from me soon (I hope), if, I survive…:scared:

About the muscle car thing - Ah, now I see. Apologize accepted, of course.

hemisport15 - Any specific one in mind?

Rotary Junkie - It's only oversteery in the slow corners, and even there only if the driver want to have some right foot fun. You pretty much nailed the purpose of the car, a really rapid taxi is what it can be described as. It was never even meant to be a flagship car, that honour is reserved to the more glorious ones. 👍

LdS - Thank you! The Grim R34per seems to be getting a lot of attention, it's probably our most attractive car at the moment. Quite fitting for a garage run by two GT-R nuts. :P

On the other hand, it's quite a shame that it's the fastest cars that are getting 90% of all the attention. The slower ones take just as much work to get right, and very few people even take a look at them. :(

Well you gotta remember that some of those are ultra-rare, like the 240RS, i've been looking for about a month now and it still hasn't shown :indiff:

Same with the first-gen Celica you guys have, it took a few weeks for that to appear as well

If it'd show up, i'd test and review the 240RS in a heart-beat

^I know how you feel, i have been waiting for atleast 2 months for it to show up. and Greycap, i think that i will test the galant.

I have a bone stock 240RS sitting in my garage.

I bought it BECAUSE I COULD. (The MFT version wasn't out)

Maybe I'll hit it after I get ready for the weekend or Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back