Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
my review of the Mitsubishi Galant Evolution.
I have seen this little machine in the used car dealer numerous times, and every time I saw it i bought it. That is where it ends. I bought it and let it sit in the garage because i had no used for it. Recently, i was witness to this car's true potential.
THE JOURNEY BEGINS​
So i traveled to the Mitsubishi dealer and aquired the little beast. White paint with the read stripe. I bought it the recomeded parts and i added my own little touch with some white and red OZ wheels.
Then i traveled to the track for a little fun. I tapped the gas and the Galant's little engine purred like a kitten. Now it was time to go. I hit the gas and i was off. My first impression was "well, this thing is no rocket, but i guess it's ok." Here came the first turn. The little car held its line like a champ, the handling was just superb. Next was a long sweeper. I was worried about understeer, but to my surprise, there was none. The Galant cruised through the turn at a cool 115 MPH. I went down the straight, the top speed was not bad. Then here came the next turn, ZOOM, it held its ground and kept on moving. I went through the rest of the course with a smile on my face. I finished with a lap time of 2'09.583.
Overall, this car was pretty good. Not the fastest, but the handling makes up for it. I would give this car a 8.0/10.

Originally Posted by ImprezaAddict
Personally, I love speed. I love going fast, murdering the tires and the asphalt.

Ah, I see. In this case our cars are probably not for you, straight line speed isn't one of the top priorities we tune for. These are all round settings, and thus they won't fit every course.

I am biased for speed, I do that on most of my cars. But I never said that I only like going fast. I am perfectly willing to drive or tune any car that is not meant to go very fast.

Kurei - I know, and those ones are perfectly understandable. But there are cars that can be bought either as new or very often as used, for example the three Skylines - Gekko Jr, Godzilla and R-Tune - that have been pretty much ignored. I think there is a review of the R-Tune coming so that's not a high priority model but I'd be happy to see someone trying out those R32 models.

hemisport15 - The best thing about this car is that you don't need to buy it used! Thanks for the review, handling has shown its superiority over raw power once again. 👍

Rotary Junkie - Definitely a good thing to do, along with the Peugeot 205 T16 that's one of those cars that should be bought whenever available.

ImprezaAddict - Understood. I'll look forward to more of your reviews!

Add the Renault 5 Turbo to that list.

Ever notice how common cars suddenly become a pain to find?

Here's me on the 240:

Hmm... It felt good. I was on the 'Ring, supposedly the greatest test track ever. I was in a 1983 Nissan Silvia 240RS tuned by the Mad FinnTuners with a whopping 396hp and a sub-2000lb curb weight. QUick and it RIPPED through the first few corners, getting that sneaky understeer in, just at the right times under hard throttle. But when the corners got faster, the car started to fail; understeer was prevalent despite going a good bit slower than I do in, say, the MFT Cerbera. I mean going-off-track-and you won't-stop-me understeer. But, of course, it's only geared for 170mph and hits 8k at 155. Obviously, this car was made for slow, tight city tracks, not the 'Ring. With a full 400hp at it's disposal, hardly anything stands between this car and victory on a tight track. Well... With a good driver, at least. Otherwise, wheelspin and spins WILL become the order of the day.

hopefully i can get the 240, but i have to wait. anyway, greycap did you like the review? i think that it is the best one i have done so far. at the moment i am thinking of a car to request.

Rotary Junkie - No I won't, as it can be won whenever you want to. ;) And of course, thanks for the review! That car definitely isn't made for fast tracks, the power isn't enough to reach high speeds and the aerodynamics don't make it any easier. I think it's pretty natural that it's slower than, for example, the Cerbera as it's the product or the early eighties and the Cerbera is a supercar from the late nineties.I have to say I have no idea where you found understeer or bad wheelspin though, could it be controller differences?

hemisport15 - Well, it could have been longer, but can't they always? :sly: As long as you do your best, there is nothing to be complained about.

I'll see if i can test Godzilla later today, maybe a few others once i check the list after im done typing this

Edit* I'll test the following as well, with a BMI approach might i add.

Amuse NSX R1 Titan ‘02
Gekko Jr. ‘91
Mister Black ‘97

I just tried the Gekko Jr. '91 and my impressions:

Very much on the oversteer side in the first two gears
A little bit of understeer in the last 4 gears, but not major.

It has a nice floaty feel to the car, and with some finesse in terms of throttle control it just glides around the corners. Plus you gotta love the speed coming out of the corners.

Ran 6 laps around Trial Mountain with it for the Race of the Red "R" Emblem but my tires were worn out on the 6th lap. In my opinion, it would make a great drift car as well.

Out of 10, I'd give it a 6.5/10.

I humbly thank you for this work that you've done. Indeed this car is on the slippery side of traction, but seems to be that you've mastered it's rather wild rear end. good job! And now, what kind of car would suit your needs at this time?

As we're getting closer to the release of new cars again, it's time for a news flash!

First, two legendary cars from a town that has even had its name changed to reflect the automotive history! 👍

Then, we'll show the world what really small cars are all about. :P

Okay I just got done throwing the Lotus Europa Super Special around El Capitan for 4 laps and I thoroughly enjoyed that as well. It's really tricky to keep that car straight, it doesn't like to correct it's steering when you stop turning. But it makes for a unique and interesting ride, to say the least.

It doesn't feel like any other car in the game really, and I'm a big fan of the light, great handling cars. It's fun in the fact that if you can control its wild rear end, you can go around corners in almost a controlled drift-like fashion without losing any speed. Neat car :)

8.5/10

Leonidae - As for what car suits my needs, Greycap actually made an Integra for me a while back which I still enjoy to this day, it's such a fun little car, and it's nice to drive my real life car in the game. But if I had to choose something I'd like, it would have to be a Nissan 300ZX. Thanks a lot for all the work you two put into this, these cars are always a blast to drive.

Really small cars? YAY!

And as soon as I can, I really want to test and review Daruma and R-Tune. But I won't be able to reach my PS2 until at least Wednesday or Thursday, so it will take a while.

I already have 300ZX 2 seater twinturbo ready, tuned for higher power output etc. Will that do or do you have anything special in mind?

Well i ended up testing the Amuse NSX R1 since i wasn't sure what model's to use for Gekko Jr. and Godzilla, and haven't found a MR2 yet (btw, what model's are Godzilla and Gekko Jr. ?)

Anyways, The Amuse NSX, if i were to first drive the Amuse S2000 and then this, and you told me it was from the same company (despite having similar names:dopey:), i would've believed you, when i went out for an "impression" run it handled very similar to the S2000, good speed, great cornering speed, very balanced, something i'd expect from Amuse, i think it would be a great rival to the Amuse S2000, i thought about having a TA between the two but i ran out of time so i decided to pass on that for now.

Good car, not super-fast, but then again no one ever said it had to be 👍

Gekko Jr. is the '91 GTS-t and Godzilla is the '94 GT-R V-SpecII. Logic, my friend. There are no other Skylines of those bodykit options and year out there. ;)

Thank you for the R1 review! Yes, I tried to make it a believable road legal tuner in the Amuse style and you prove I succeeded. 👍 Naturally it can't handle exactly like the S2000 due to the configuration differences but as you said, the style is very similar. It's not super fast, but fit with R3 tyres and it will sweep the floor with the RUFs the AI drives in the Tuning Car Grand Prix. :P

I haven't tried it side by side with the S2000 R1 either but I'm sure they would make a good pair indeed. 👍

Haha, well i was looking for them last night, and not being that big of a GT-R fan, i couldn't really tell the difference between a R32 Vspec and a R32 Vspec N1 other than the name, but i wanted to get it right the first time, rather than build it, get it wrong, and then have to build it again :scared:

I'll test them if i find them today, maybe get a review up if i still have the time

I've been lurking for a bit, decided to make an account and post my recaps here, I've been away from GT4 for a while, and I used to be a reasonably good player.

So I thought i'd take the Spirra for a spin...oh my god....well...lets just say i've perfected my 360's :D

I took out the C740R out for a spin, I absolutely love it, it's so smooth and it's just one hell of a great car, little tailhappy in corners on midfield but controllable, I love it.

I took out the Grim R34per for a spin, despite the expert rating it drove smoothly, the DS2 vibrated up through 4th gear, stopped at 5th, after it stopped, it was just one hell of an amazing car.

I know these reviews aren't long, and I have tested more cars, I don't type much in a review, theres nothing more to say, you both build great cars.

hmm, I think I'll give Gekko Jr. a spin. Just give me some time.;)

Just a question for 2 GT-R freaks: Is the Nissan GT-R concept (tokyomotorshow) '01 also equipped with the wonderful "ATTESA-ETS Pro" software? I'm fiddling with this car atm and I'm not sure about equipping a lsd.

Yep, it is. The only GT-R models that need a LSD are the ones from the early seventies. 👍

Craziiblade - The axe murderer has struck again! :lol: Thanks for the reviews, even if they are a bit on the short side. :)

Craziiblade, you experienced wheelspin on C740R?! :scared: what did you do to it, floor it on first two gears while turning? On the other hand, it's powerful car.. yet so easy to handle when you get familiar with it. Unlike certain mid-engined Korean smoke machine..:dopey:

oh, and welcome to GTP! 👍

and as our rules say, you're now able to ask for one tune-up either from Greycap or me. all we need to know is the car, power etc..

After some more testing, the spirra seems to be tameable, no more random spinning, it's even drifting some, which is just fun to do.

I also was racing with the Red Devil, didn't drive it long enough to get a real good impression but it seems like a very good car, coming from MFT that's exactly what I expect though.

So..any chance that you could tune a..hmm...i'm drawing a blank on what to ask..I need something fast, not ugly, and not an insane axe murderer :D, even though I love the spirra :) Just want an all-around car thats not fugly, I can't seem to decide, I need more sleep I think.

Edit: Leo, i'm not sure what I did, but I managed to spin it out multiple times, was fun though, sweet car :D

Edit2: Rawr, most every car I wanna try that you guys have is found in the used car lot some random time, my game just restarted it's 100 week cycle too..

Was Godzilla a '94 Vspec II? i have one with 40.5k miles on it, lol

As for the tune-up...I'm leaning towards asking for an Amuse S2000 GT1 or R1 Titan, not sure which one would be the better car to tune...I'm asking you guys which one would be a better car overall after a tune-up?

Edit: I'd ask for the CarbonR but you guys have made enough skylines :)

P.S. I think I did something wrong with the Grim R34per though...it only has 906bhp for me...what did I do wrong?

There are very few tuner cars that get better when adjusted to ones preferences. They both are great cars, but R1 is more like drifter and showcar, where as GT1 is a racecar prototype..

Standard cars leave you more room to tinker around. Some manufacturer's tuner arm specials ( such as NisMo/TRD are good example) allow plenty of room for tuning. Nismo S-Tune for example, can be tuned either for fastest laptimes or top speed.. of 308mph! ( that record is mine btw, fastest R32 GT-R :sly: )

Of those Amuses, the R1 is slower and by a big margin. I have a S2000 GT1 ready to run, built with similar style to the Red Devil. You can have it if you want it. 👍

The Godzilla is indeed based on the V-SpecII, a low mileage special to be exact. About the Carbon R and enough Skylines, the request cars usually don't make it to the public - and I happen to have one of those too, all set up.

I think Leonidae means that most of the tuners are race cars and thus not so responsive to settings changes. Well, I'm more than happy to tune Amuses, Mugens, Nismos, Spoons, TRD's... the ones that are even remotely road legal. Just no race cars.

Any idea when the Rx-7 Infini shows up on the used lot? been looking for it for a while.

Anyway, on with a more indepth (i hope) review of the C740R.

I decided to hop in my C5 'Vette and head down to Midfield Raceway, where I called up MFT, and those nutty finn's were overly happy to tune up my 'vette. I tossed them the keys and let them get to work, a few hours later they finished, I got in, and it felt like a regular old 'vette. But when I hit the gas, it was definately not no ordinary vette, I took it around the track a few laps, noting that first and second gears had to be taken slowly, or else massive wheelspin would occur. After I got over that little downfall, it was smooth sailing, took the turns like no other, finishing with a time of 1'10.1xx (I'm a bad driver :D). I absolutely loved the feel of the car, just amazing, was speechless.

(Hope that was better)

Craziiblade - The Infini is quite rare, appearing only 13 times in the 100 week cycle. My version was also the low mileage special so if you use a "normal" one, be sure to refresh the chassis even if it doesn't say that in the parts list. I guess you knew this already though. :P And yes, the later review was better, it gives us a bit more feedback about the car. 👍

ImprezaAddict - As neither of us has any idea what an earth is an Aleman car :confused: I think it's pretty safe to say that's they're not those ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back