Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, but the first Karmann Ghias are 1955 models. We just got a later edition. :P

Hmm. I stand corrected. But the "Early" Porsches came out in 1950 if you count the 356.

I know somebody with one.

Porsches are still mere "Beetle Evolutions" in my eyes, since the first Porsche's were built from Beetle spare parts. :sly: from economical peoples car to 200mph supersport.. well, it did take only about 70 years! :dopey:

I stumbled upon the Nismo Skyline in the deep recesses of my garage, crouching stealthily between my Silvia and my Civic. It was odd, really, that such a remarkable machine would just run off and hide with the commoners. I needed to give it back it's confidence, so it could stand proudly at the top of my garage alongside my R390 and my MR-2. It turned green with envy every time I drove an MFT car past, so I knew exactly what it wanted: A trip to Finland for battle training!

Before I entrusted the car to MFT, I had some memories of odd behavior from the large car; there was a reason it didn't see much tarmac before. It understeered at high speed, but low speeds were much worse. A tight hairpin had a devastating effect in this car: It understeered wildly on entry, rushed the inside wall with oversteer mid-turn, then--if it somehow didn't meet the inside wall already--oversteered and understeered upon exit! And, of course, the gear ratios were still way too high for the powerband. It was a Nismo and it was a GT-R, but it just lacked the joy that it should have.

One fortnight later, I opened my garage door, and, much to my suprise, the GT-R is right behind it! This is very odd, indeed. They put the car back without telling me anything? And, for that matter, I don't remember giving Greycap or Leonidae any keys to the garage...

But, there were more important matters at hand. I promptly headed to Infineon with the car, and drove directly onto the tarmac without even stopping in the pits. After all, that might offend the fragile GT-R.

The first thing I noticed was the gearing; finally, it was set for a real race! It suited the car beautifully, giving more than enough thrust at any given time, but still giving a calm, quick launch from a standstill. Sure, it tops out at 170, but it is the way it approaches the top speed that gives the speed its charm. It doesn't run headfirst at full speed into the rev limiter, as the foolish do, nor does it only find it in the longest stretches, as the even more foolish do. No, this car makes a calm, deliberate, determined, and powerful 6th gear march, as all should, but few do. But I don't spend my time in straightaways; I prefer the curvy bits of the road. So you can imagine my delight when I find myself at the first hairpin. I jump on the brake, and actually stop accidentally the first time I try. The brakes are unbelivable in their power and maneuverability. If I miss the braking point and force myself to brake through the corner, the car actually turns under full braking, while most hurl the car towards the outside of the corner. And the corners! The hairpin really showed MFT's diligence to give my GT-R some pace: The corner-entry understeer is entirely gone, and the oversteer on mid-corner throttle actually helps the machine through the corner, as opposed to before, when it put the car anywhere and everywhere except the correct place. The pace has quickened immensely through the other, higher speed corners, as well. Entering corners is now swift, and the throttle can be applied with astonishingly little understeer, resulting in properly impressive exit speeds. MFT left a note with the car, warning me not to exceed the limit and inevitably lose control, but I honestly can't see at all what they're on about. It only ever feels out of control when I'm nowhere near the limit, actually: it's just too nimble to be driven at any less than JGTC speeds. Only once did I accidentally end up sideways in a corner, and that took care of itself as quickly, and suprisingly, as it came. I honestly remember doing exactly nothing about the oversteer--I was so suprised by it, I wasn't ready--yet I had full and total grip and control instantly afterwards. Despite the car's phenomenal abilities in the straightaways and corners, however, the brakes were simply mad. A lot of the time, I only applied half-force braking to avoid chronic over-braking in turns which don't require oodles of slowdown.

While driving on the Nurburgring, I felt that the car's speed and control were amazing, and this is where I begin to lose track of what's happening. You see, if I love it for it's speed and control, I should love something faster and more controllable even more, but I just... don't. I don't know what it is about the car, but when driving at the limit, it gives me a sense that nothing else could be swifter than it.

9.25/10

The brakes are really distracting to me, which makes it a lower rating.

So that was the review of R-Tune? I remember testing that car at some popint, when I was doing a comparison between R-Tune, S-tune and Nismo 400R top speed and acceleration.. and the results were in that order. R-Tune could be the wildest Nismo out there, if it only had downforce..

One fortnight later, I opened my garage door, and, much to my suprise, the GT-R is right behind it! This is very odd, indeed. They put the car back without telling me anything? And, for that matter, I don't remember giving Greycap or Leonidae any keys to the garage...
We're wizards. :P Or the two small figures you saw stumbling across your garden a few nights ago. Damn all those fallen leaves, they're slippery!

The first thing I noticed was the gearing; finally, it was set for a real race! It suited the car beautifully, giving more than enough thrust at any given time, but still giving a calm, quick launch from a standstill. Sure, it tops out at 170, but it is the way it approaches the top speed that gives the speed its charm. It doesn't run headfirst at full speed into the rev limiter, as the foolish do, nor does it only find it in the longest stretches, as the even more foolish do. No, this car makes a calm, deliberate, determined, and powerful 6th gear march, as all should, but few do.
The gearing may be a bit short for faster courses but as you noticed, the main thing is to make full use of all gears and to ensure swift and steady acceleration until the redline in the 6th gear. 👍

But I don't spend my time in straightaways; I prefer the curvy bits of the road. So you can imagine my delight when I find myself at the first hairpin. I jump on the brake, and actually stop accidentally the first time I try. The brakes are unbelivable in their power and maneuverability. If I miss the braking point and force myself to brake through the corner, the car actually turns under full braking, while most hurl the car towards the outside of the corner.
Another "first" for me, too good brakes! :lol: The deceleration is indeed remarkable for a car as heavy as the GT-R but still very controllable.

And the corners! The hairpin really showed MFT's diligence to give my GT-R some pace: The corner-entry understeer is entirely gone, and the oversteer on mid-corner throttle actually helps the machine through the corner, as opposed to before, when it put the car anywhere and everywhere except the correct place. The pace has quickened immensely through the other, higher speed corners, as well. Entering corners is now swift, and the throttle can be applied with astonishingly little understeer, resulting in properly impressive exit speeds.
It's the ATTESA-ETS Pro (Nismo Edition) again in action, the nimbleness of this big AWD even surprised me when I was building it. The car really shines in slow to moderately fast direction changes, the throttle can be floored after the initial braking and the tail gets out just enough to provide better manoeuvrability.

MFT left a note with the car, warning me not to exceed the limit and inevitably lose control, but I honestly can't see at all what they're on about.
Ah, that one. It's for the situations in which you go over some crest, get a bit of air and the slam the brakes while turning in. The car will turn into a very expensive red top if you do that, so don't. :dopey:

Despite the car's phenomenal abilities in the straightaways and corners, however, the brakes were simply mad. A lot of the time, I only applied half-force braking to avoid chronic over-braking in turns which don't require oodles of slowdown.
Nah, you clearly have the wrong approach to the situation: just leave the braking around 100m later and you can use them fully! :sly:

You see, if I love it for it's speed and control, I should love something faster and more controllable even more, but I just... don't. I don't know what it is about the car, but when driving at the limit, it gives me a sense that nothing else could be swifter than it.
That's the GT-R bug biting you... be careful or there'll be no return! Not that one wants a return after crossing the line, though. :P

Big thanks for the long review, do you happen to need a car? :)

Lancer Evolution will come out after I'm satisfied with the settings. Why don't you calm down and try out these
in the meantime? 👍

WOW!! the Lan-Evo is so "mouth-watering" and sinister.., okay, now i am calm.., just looking at the black Evo, made me say WOW.., wish i could try it..,

I did notice that, if I tried really, really hard, it would oversteer under full braking in corners, but only if I charge in too fast, which is difficult in itself. I also found it really odd how the car's on-throttle behavior changed so drastically without modifications to the powertrain. I don't need a car right now, so I'll just be content with the GT-R for now.

so, here i'm back with my Ghia GTi - Beetle QC comparison..........i tried Leo's setup on my beetle and drove one round on Nürb with it and one lap with the Ghia, both on S2's. and they were both nearly equal: the Ghia was faster, about 1-2seconds, but personally i like the Beetle more. it lacks a bit top-speed, but it's a really nice setup exactly as the Ghia is, you did both a great job with those setups! 👍

I don't wish to sound rude here, just curious.
When will my Impreza-baitng Volvo 240R (as promised back in june) be here?
Also, that Lotus Elan is truly fabulous. Fast, delicate, light and with just a hint of pwer oversteer. Automotive Perfection.

240R has been ready for a while, but it seems to be that I've forgotten to send the settings to you while new projects and requests kept pouring in. you will receive them shortly. I'm terribly sorry and apologize for this. :guilty:

EA11R - OK, feel free to throw a PM at me when you need something.

viperpilot - The Beetle is better at cornering thanks to its smaller size and lower weight, the Karmann Ghia shines on the faster sections. Thanks for the feedback!

HolyVolvo - Back in June? My eyes tell me 23rd August... and MFT was only founded on the 7th July. ;)

Hi again..

Your cars are true masterpieces..
And I have had a lot of fun driving and testing them out

I've looked thru the thread and I see that I've reviewed 5 of your cars

MFT GP-R/X
Celica '70
Renault Clio V6 F1
Tvr Griffith 500 Blackpool
Mitsubishi 3000Gt

I'm working on a big review... Think it will be publiced tomorrow

Here's the review I've been working on

I will not review only one car, but four tuned monsters.
Let's begin

TRD Trueno GR.A '00

What would you do if you weren't satisfied enough with the performance of the original Sprinter Trueno?
Well the answer is simple. Buy yourself the Toyota Racing Development (TRD) Trueno. It's lighter, faster and would out perform the original by a lot of times.
But what to do if you ain't satisfied with even that.
There's only one thing to do, Buy the MadFinn Tuners TRD Trueno GR.A
Yet it's the fastest, lightest and funniest car of the Trueno family to drive.

The MFT version is a great car in easier championships with it's 214 horsepower engine.
The car can max up to fantastic 10.000 rpm and the sound it gives is so sharp that it's piercing thru the air like an arrow.

img0000fl1.jpg

The Trueno's looking out over the channel at Ponte di Rialto

If the drivers are brave enough to enter the driving seat of this car they will experience a Trueno like no other.
In almost every corner the tails looses it's grip and that leaves the driver to only two options, Drift or Crash.
The ones that chooses drift will notice a very drift liking car that is easy to control when driving sideways. But everyone should be very careful with the counter steering because the car likes to oversteer in the opposite direction if doing the slightest mistake.

img0002gz9.jpg

Drifting is almost the only way to take corners good

The engine response is a little slow and the top speed is to low to compete with cars like Nissan Skyline or Mitsubishi Lancer.
But racing against other cars with similiar horsepower the Trueno is a great choice, even for the best.

Volvo S60 T5 MFT Edition

The Volvo S60 is a car which many people don't consider as a racing car.
But the ones that try it out finds many unrevealed secrets.

When stock the car sucks and is useless in almost any races
but when the MadFinn Tuners got their hands over one of them it turned out it could be driveable.
The tuned version has about 400 hp and almost everything that can be changed to a lighter material is changed.

img0003jb5.jpg

The rims makes the car is a common thing to say. In this case it's true

Despite this car is an FF it's fun to drive with a good handling and not much understeering when turning.
The top speed is something around 290 km/h and it can almost compete with Porsches or Ferraris when driving in high speeds.
The car is very stable and it's limits are high. But be careful. When turning, allways press the gas or brake because it will understeer very much and often. It ends up with the car, smashed in a wall

img0004ou7.jpg

The car is fast and has a good acceleration. It even handles pretty well

Overall this is a good car that is friendly to the driver as long as the driver is polite to the car.
Great job Greycap. I know you don't like it. But I really do.

Chevrolet Camaro SS 350

When I think of american muscles cars, I think of a big engine, a lot of horsepowers, a lot of weight and a massive steel body.

This one's the fastest muscle car I ever experienced.
It's very good looking but the real joy comes when sitting behind the weel and carefully turning the ignition on.. And then when the engine starts. It's brutal 500 horsepower V8 gives away a sound that scares all those japanese drivers away.

img0006io8.jpg

The Camaro is an amazing muscle car in many ways

When you're first looking at the car it looks similiar to all other muscle cars. It looks heavy and slow. But when looking closer on the car and the engine you can tell that it's not like other muscle cars.

This car only weight something around 1300 kg and has a huge V8 that can take this monster up to 270 km/h, and it's actually very stable to drive in high speeds.
But when taking sharp corners in lower speeds the tail looses it's grip very easy just like the Trueno. But the Camaro is a lot easier to exit drifts with. It's just to release the throttle. Nothing can be easier, right?

img0007tf4.jpg

The taillights is probably the only thing you will see when racing this monster.

When trying to take corners at high speeds the car wants to understeer so be careful when doing such things.
And one more thing, Don't buy this car if you can't afford buying a pair of new tires every day.

Great job on that car Leonidae

Gekko-R

This car is the same car that the Grim R34per despite some changes in suspension and transmission.

I tested out your R34per but when racing against the Gekko-R:s time on GVS I realised that the Gekko-R is faster. Maybe it's just for me but I passed a lap 4 seconds faster with the Gekko-R settings than with the R34per settings. That's why I review the Gekko-R

img0009yj8.jpg

The majestic sights of the grand canyon is just a farth in space against the majestic sight of the Gekko-R

This car is so far the fastest and funniest street car I've ever driven on Gt4.
This tuned version is so fast that it even outperforms some of my racing cars like the McLaren F1.
The ones that dares to drive it should be honored. Unfortunatley. Nobody has survived. Except me :)

The original V6 engine delivers 276 horsepowers but when fitting a new exhaust system, new tires, new transmission and suspension, and ofcourse, That huge turbo the car turns from a fast road car to every racing drivers dream. But only if they want to die.
When driving this car you can't say any thing. The words won't come out from your mouth. You are speechless. And you don't want to say anything because if you let go of your concentration, just a little, the car might kill you.

The acceleration is so amazing that when you floor the throttle you feel like you will get killed by the G-force that's pushing you into your seat and if you don't focus on breathing, You will see the light.

img0011pw5.jpg

The acceleration combined with cornering often results in some kind of drifting, even though it's a 4WD

The car can take corners very well even in speeds over 280 km/h but when reaching it's top speed of 360 km/h you'd better be driving on a long straight. And make sure to brake in time.

img0010gp7.jpg

I warn you. When you see this, It might be the death angel coming to get you.

==========================================================

And this is were this review ends. Hope you'll like it.

And Once Again. Sorry for my bad english!​

Great to see "the cars that never officially existed" to break out to the public! 👍

I'll let Leonidae take care of his cars' reviews but the Volvo was my work so I have a few words about it. It really wasn't a car for me, probably because I'm a rear wheel drive guy inside and out. That having been said, I'm glad it made you happy! :)

Oh, and the Skyline doesn't have a V6... but the famous RB26DETT straight six. ;)

Wow, a great review from you! Seeing that Greycap already mentioned the Skyline engine configuration, I'll let it be. But then, there's the pictures.. if I were you, I'd turn up the brightness setting to brightest possible. I'm sure you've noticed yourself that some of the pictures are very dark, and it's hard to see what's in it. Other than that, good job.

Yes I know that some of the pictures are dark. In some of them, it's a mistake.. But in the other dark ones, I made them dark. :)

Sorry for not writing so much about every car but I didn't find anymore to say.

I think we have either a massive misunderstanding or just a bit of ignorance going on here.

Every visitor who tests our setups may ask for one setup for a car He/She has and wants to be tuned to best possible performance and handling.

Keep in mind that this will happen only if you test one of our setups and give us feedback.

In other words, we won't tune the cars you have asked for. You haven't given us a single review yet, yet you ask for four cars. That's not the way it works. We want something in return for the setups, give feedback and we'll discuss this again. 👍

Well, to make things fair, I think we should handle your big review as just one review. And actually, wouldn't it seem a bit odd if we made you request cars for reviewing request cars? ;)

The R390/870GT is the ordinary R390 road model, the one available in blue at the Nissan dealership. I paintshopproed it to have a carbon fibre skin.

I think we have either a massive misunderstanding or just a bit of ignorance going on here.

In other words, we won't tune the cars you have asked for. You haven't given us a single review yet, yet you ask for four cars. That's not the way it works. We want something in return for the setups, give feedback and we'll discuss this again. 👍

Sorry, thanks for correcting me. I'll test your cars tommorow.

Well, I have good news for exactly you Vince - I just finished a full tune Shelby Mustang yesterday! :D

It's not the next one coming out though, the next ones are what we call "hyperminis".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back