Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Abarth 500RS Turbo'72

96 bhp, 139 Nm, 541 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 2
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Displacement Increase
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
N3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 2.0 / 3.5
Ride Height: 110 / 110
Bound: 2 / 3
Rebound: 3 / 4
Camber: 2.0 / 1.0
Toe: 1 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 4

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 1.856
2nd: 1.282
3rd: 0.941
4th: 0.729
5th: 0.570
Final Gear: 5.000

Autoset 10

LSD
Initial: 20
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 7

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

If you think that 240bhp out of 2 litres is a good achievement, how about 96bhp out of 599 ccm, and that's from an Italian automotive classic? You heard right. With MFT's experts leading the work, Fabricia Italiana automobilo Torino relaunches the Abarth, and just for that, they have purchased and completely rebuilt x amount of Fiat 500R's, hoping to pull more attention to their brand new baby 500.

The chassis has been lightened and reinforced, and the engine has been completely built from racing parts and even the suspension has been modernized. As a result, this tiny little citycar sports an insane 160bhp per litre of displacement, thanks for a tiny yet able turbocharger.

Sounds like a proper pocket rocket, right? Well.. it isn't. This car is meant to be extremely entertaining in the corners, not on straights. It does reach speeds beyond 170km/h (100mph+), but that's irrelevant in a car that can go sideways even when you're going considerably slower, and you're still in control. This car lives for twisty back roads, not for straight autobahns.

Have fun, enjoy of the sunshine and look the road through the side window!

Nice! Let's see if that one can beat my Pony Car Wars tune I've got laying around.:)

Or my Pony Car Wars Cougar in full battle dress. (Not the wussy stuff that is the Pony Car Wars spec. I mean 6-700hp)

Oh, and the 500RS looks awesome. Too bad it won't in game...

the car is an absolute blast to drive but it will ocasionally spin from time to time
i love it. btw the car can not only chase down porsches but i went toe to toe with a speed 12 :D beat him
8.5/10

ps i wonder what you guys could do with a lightning?

You are correct Leonidae, you can drift this car anytime you want and you still can control it, easily. I bought it immediately when I saw this car available at MFT. Even it's not a proper pocket rocket just like you said, I do can win some events and have fun driving with Abarth 500RS 👍

nice Abarth 500RS,........i just saw it and i really looks like a buyable car in real life! thanks for featuring this tiny little car 👍

viper

Rotary Junkie - I'm afraid the Shelby doesn't have much of a chance, the specs speak strongly against it. It weighs 1077 kg against the Mercury's 1205 kg so that's an advantage, but the small block engine only gives 528 bhp and 709 Nm against the 660+ bhp and 1100+ Nm of the big block. It may, and probably does, outhandle the Cougar in the corners but the straights are a nightmare. Thanks for the kind words on the looks of the Abarth!

gery and viperpilot - The fun lies in the odd cars! That having been said, judging by this criteria we have something really fun coming up... :P and the graphics department worked hard to bring the Abarth to life! 👍

Well, to make things fair, I think we should handle your big review as just one review. And actually, wouldn't it seem a bit odd if we made you request cars for reviewing request cars? ;)

The R390/870GT is the ordinary R390 road model, the one available in blue at the Nissan dealership. I paintshopproed it to have a carbon fibre skin.

You're right... Since the Trueno is the only one presented here in your thread.. I will only ask for one car.. But that can wait. Haven't decided yet.

I looked after the R390 yesterday but I couldn't find it in Nissan Dealership..
Maybe I missed it.

Are you ready for the next car? It's very tiny, very old, company is known for odd-ish engines, and they're fastest when Scots are driving them! :dopey:

Subaru 360 STI Edition '58

51 bhp, 79 Nm, 350 kg

Clickable for full size

360.jpg

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 2
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
N3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 3.0 / 3.5
Ride Height: 120 / 130
Bound: 3 / 4
Rebound: 4 / 6
Camber: 2.0 / 1.0
Toe: 0 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 5

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.163
2nd: 1.535
3rd: 1.209
4th: 1.002
5th: 0.852
Final Gear: 3.250

Autoset 10

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Ever wondered how the sports version of the Subaru 360 would have looked if STI had existed back then? Well, the guys at Subaru found one of them gathering dust in a dark corner of the factory garage. Mad FinnTuners heard about it. And naturally couldn't leave it alone. The small vehicle underwent a serious transformation, what once was a painfully slow city car is now quite a quick city car, of course considering the starting point. The engine was turbocharged and the power more than tripled, the weight was brought down by over ten percent and the suspension was upgraded to make sure there is no loss of grip. To achieve the perfect looks, it got a shining layer of WR Blue Mica paint and brand new alloy wheels. Here you go, have the keys!

Reviews:

by GeeTeeR

Last edited:
Hi. Nice Subaru there Greycap. And Leonidae, your Abarth 500 is nice to :)

I've can't decide which car I want you to make for me.
Either Toyota Woodone Supra Race Car or the original Supra Rz.
Can't decide.

We don't do racecars.. so it has to be regular RZ, and even that is bit tricky because it's a front-heavy torque monster..

Oh, to bad you don't do Race cars.. Cause I've looked for good settings for the Woodone supra for a very long time..

Very well.. I'll just have to think a little more.

viperpilot - Of course it's here! This car, probably more than any other, lives up to the "Mad" in our name. :P

Vince247 - Managed to get me confused there. :confused:

I suggested I could be writing a review on that nitty little car, but it will have to wait for the weekend...

(is that enough?)

I just saw the "No power to be mentioned" in place of the power graph on the 360. I don't care WHO you are, that's FUNNY!

LdS
Wow, I didn’t even know that this car exist…

Same thoughts as LdS'. The only time I checked the Korean market was when I was looking for Spirra to tune up using MFT's settings.

You are right when you said that this is a psychopathic killer, if not handled well. To get the most from its performance, you have to be gentle with it like a baby or else the monster inside will eat you alive. At first I was having difficulties driving this car because it spins a lot on turns, but eventually I was able to tame it quite well (considering that my driving style sucks). I'm currently on my 130th mile on GVS.

Rotary Junkie - I didn't quite get the "who you are" thing but the power graph was definitely meant as a joke. 👍

migsvill - Shall we get a longer review later?

Renoff - No. Let's see you review one of our cars first and then we'll talk again. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back