Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rotary Junkie - I didn't quite get the "who you are" thing but the power graph was definitely meant as a joke. 👍

migsvill - Shall we get a longer review later?

Renoff - No. Let's see you review one of our cars first and then we'll talk again. ;)

will do. review on your MFT FPV GTHO coming soon

Rotary Junkie - Every day is a school day when English isn't one's native language. 👍

Renoff - That's a deal!

Another news flash!

The next one rolling out will be one of the first cars to use the "go-fast stripes", a classic tarmac ripper in full race fit from the golden sixties. Expect lap times of less than 1'50 on Grand Valley Speedway.

"Long and dark, shiny and black" was what The Boss sang about a Cadillac but our latest project car isn't a Cadillac. It fills the other criteria though, and proves that old cars on road tyres can give younger hardware a run for their money. Expect some tail out fun, with speed to spare.

Our progress has slowed down a bit lately due to some equipment trouble and a mysterious disappearance of customers. The equipment trouble has been solved and I'm sure so will the customer shortage. Reverting back to the old one is sometimes a good thing to do, the latest isn't always the best.

I'm still looking for you guys to throw something up that really lights my fire, as I don't always like tuning my own cars. Too many headaches sometimes. :lol:

Mustang GT-S '05

503 bhp, 691 Nm, 1301 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Sports Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 2
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.0 / 4.0
Ride Height: 106 / 106
Bound: 3 / 3
Rebound: 4 / 4
Camber: 2.2 / 1.8
Toe: -1 / 2
Stabilizers: 3 / 2

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 2

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.976
2nd: 2.058
3rd: 1.639
4th: 1.297
5th: 1.020
6th: 0.850
Final Gear: 3.000

Autoset: 13

LSD
Initial: 30
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 20

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

I'm lazy, so I'll just copy the description from Tuner Garages..

This time, I had again a familiar task: Turning a sumo wrestler into a Spiderman. My victim was Ford Mustang GT, a ponycar that had suffered same fate as Elvis.. from a slim, swiftly moving superstar into slow, fat, asthmatic abomination. And happily I can announce that I have succeeded. Please, sit down, put on your seatbelts, because this ponycar has been fed with high octane since it's birth!

I just tried your Mustang. Great stuff! More to come...

So you know where I am coming from, here's an into- Basically, I am not much of a tuner. If I'm adjusting a car to race, to keep things somewhat challenging, I normally do this-

Exhaust- almost always, as appropriate for the car
Racing Brakes- usually
Brake controller- usually not
Turbo or NA work- small upgrade if need be
Polish- no
Balance- no
Racing chip- usually
Tranny- stock
Clutch and Flywheel- maybe, as appropriate for HP increase from other mods
LSD- stock
Carbon Driveshaft- maybe
Suspension- usually, Semi Racing
Tires- stock
Weight reduction- maybe Stage 1
Spolier- maybe

Driving aids- 0 / 0, then 4 or 5 on Traction Control

Basically I give the car a little more HP through exhaust or low end engine work, then toss on a Racing Chip. For the suspension, I normally lower the ride height and increase the spring stiffness. At that point I go race. If it ain't working out, I'll do a wing, weight reduction Stage 1, or both, maybe toss on a little more power.

So I am out of my element doing LSD mods, Tranny mods, detailed Racing Supsension mods, etc.

Well, today I bought the 2005 Mustang GT.

First I played with it stock-

Since I am used to driving with some Traction Control, it took some time at to get used to it at the drag strip, but here's what I got on the stock Mustang-

Quarter mile

Grand Valley Speedway-

2'24.168
2'19.805
2'19.132

The brakes on the stock Mustang SUCKED. Way too twitchy and overpowered. Plus the suspension dived a ton during braking.

Gave it an oil change and wash, then I did all of your mods-

Quarter mile

Grand Valley Speedway-

2'07.706
2'06.868
2'05.938

Suddenly the brakes worked great, the suspension felt much better, and all in all it was a fun car to drive around the track. I'm looking forward to driving it more!

Then for kicks I went and set the car up the way I would have done it, using a very basic "tune." I kept all of the power parts the same, but used the FC tranny set to stock, the LSD set to stock, no brake controller, and on the Race Suspension I set it stock, lowered it some, then upped the spring stiffness.

Went back to the Speedway-

2'11.062
2'09.918

It was butt to drive around the track. A constant fight. Cornering sucked.

So I am really impressed with your Mustang tune, and will go back to driving it as soon as I finish this. Should be fun to try some of your other cars as well. I was going to start with the 1st one, the Nismo wagon, but I couldn't find it!

Anyway, good work! Keep it up!

👍

The Mustang isn't my work - I'll let Leonidae thank you for it as it's his car - but I'll still hop in for one bit of info. The Nismo 550R is based on the Nissan Stagea 260RS Autech version, found in the late nineties' used cars lot every now and then. 👍

I just tried your Mustang. Great stuff! More to come...

So you know where I am coming from, here's an into- Basically, I am not much of a tuner. If I'm adjusting a car to race, to keep things somewhat challenging, I normally do this (list)

Basically I give the car a little more HP through exhaust or low end engine work, then toss on a Racing Chip. For the suspension, I normally lower the ride height and increase the spring stiffness. At that point I go race. If it ain't working out, I'll do a wing, weight reduction Stage 1, or both, maybe toss on a little more power.

So I am out of my element doing LSD mods, Tranny mods, detailed Racing Supsension mods, etc.

Well, today I bought the 2005 Mustang GT.

First I played with it stock-

Since I am used to driving with some Traction Control, it took some time at to get used to it at the drag strip, but here's what I got on the stock Mustang-

Quarter mile

Grand Valley Speedway-

2'24.168
2'19.805
2'19.132

The brakes on the stock Mustang SUCKED. Way too twitchy and overpowered. Plus the suspension dived a ton during braking.

Gave it an oil change and wash, then I did all of your mods-

Quarter mile

Grand Valley Speedway-

2'07.706
2'06.868
2'05.938

Suddenly the brakes worked great, the suspension felt much better, and all in all it was a fun car to drive around the track. I'm looking forward to driving it more!

Then for kicks I went and set the car up the way I would have done it, using a very basic "tune." I kept all of the power parts the same, but used the FC tranny set to stock, the LSD set to stock, no brake controller, and on the Race Suspension I set it stock, lowered it some, then upped the spring stiffness.

Went back to the Speedway-

2'11.062
2'09.918

It was butt to drive around the track. A constant fight. Cornering sucked.

So I am really impressed with your Mustang tune, and will go back to driving it as soon as I finish this. Should be fun to try some of your other cars as well. I was going to start with the 1st one, the Nismo wagon, but I couldn't find it!

Anyway, good work! Keep it up!

👍

I'm glad to hear that my little ponycar hasn't been forgotten! It's been a while since anyone tested it, and it has almost always been overrun by our faster cars. When I was creating this car, I was trying to get as close to real life GT500-model as possible, and I'm pretty pleased with it. So, as our style is, you can now ask for custom settings for a certain car. But don't ask for drift or race car settings, since we don't do those. rally cars and tuner cars are allowed though.

I haven't seen many successful 4wd drifters, have you? True, they DO drift with lousy, mix-n-match tyre selection and a ton of power and fancy electronics like Super AYC or DCCD.. And rally cars are ok, because if you have ever seen a WRC rally stage, most of the time Finnish rally drivers are within top 5. :sly:

Leo
And rally cars are ok, because if you have ever seen a WRC rally stage, most of the time Finnish rally drivers are within top 5.

lol, that sentence made me laugh, because it's such a good explanation why rally and NOT drift-cars......

viper

Hey, Greycap! The 'Ring setup for the Xj220 you gave me is absolutely badass. It puts my old one to shame!

The only adjustments I can think of are related to the tranny. I just lengthened them to my preference. The suspension really does the trick. That SOB handles like a tank on ice with any other settings on that track.

And just to put some numbers behind it: the roadcar with a stage 3 turbo & r3's pulls a ~6:20.xxx. The race car ran a 5'59'1xx with a stage 4 & r5's.

It was good & fast times on the 'Ring with this setup. Thanks again, GC. 👍

SuperAttesa makes for a great drift car, do you disagree? I use different forms of drift to get things accomplished. Now when i'm behind it does nothing for me because drift is slower usually, but when i'm ahead of someone and you have at least one form of drift initiation and control, it lets you manage the pace aggresively because they can't follow the same line, yet most people fall into that trance of matching the line to keep up only to be suckered into a line they can't match.

My Nur is a good drift car, but that's because of ATTESSA
My zz2 is an okay drifter but especially good at trapping people, it uses only braking drift though so i use that to mix up the line at the entrance and it's amazing traction and power to blast back out. It''s slow but traps alot of people.
none of my evo's drifted well to be honest.

Just my opinion. But still, if you can tune drift on dirt you can tune drift on pavement.

I hate to nitpick but there is no such a thing as Super Attesa, it's either the ATTESA-ETS (Pro in later models) four wheel drive system or the Super Hicas four wheel steering system you mean. Yes, the later model GT-R's drift reasonably well, but that's because thanks to the ATTESA-ETS Pro they're effectively rear wheel drive cars until the front loses traction really badly. The Evo is a typical "normal" four wheel drive car and you already know how those work.

It's not that we don't tune drifters because we can't, but because we don't want to. Fast cars is our main theatre of operations and we really don't want the hoard of "ZOMG i wanna drift yo" guys on our back. A tendency to oversteer is OK but full blown drifters are out of question, at least for the time being.

I haven't seen many successful 4wd drifters, have you? True, they DO drift with lousy, mix-n-match tyre selection and a ton of power and fancy electronics like Super AYC or DCCD.. And rally cars are ok, because if you have ever seen a WRC rally stage, most of the time Finnish rally drivers are within top 5. :sly:

do you mean real life or as in gt4? i think im a sucessful 4WD drifter on gt4 but thts only my opinion not anyone elses. i dont use mix and match tyres. they suck

Shelby GT350RR '65

528 bhp, 709 Nm, 1077 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.5 / 9.5
Ride Height: 130 / 130
Bound: 3 / 4
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 1.5
Toe: 1 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 10

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.956
2nd: 2.102
3rd: 1.645
4th: 1.349
5th: 1.139
6th: 0.986
Final Gear: 2.750

Autoset 8

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

The dream car of many small block Ford enthusiasts, the Shelby GT350 was the top of the range model for the '65 Mustang. While the car was already impressive as stock, the Shelby versions took the performance to a completely new level, especially with the GT350R model. The very same model also served as the base car for the reincarnation of the ageless design, now in track trim. The engine received heavy modifications in the shape of new cams, pistons, valves... to put it short, everything that moves. The suspension doesn't trail far behind, being rebuilt with the modern high tech parts while still retaining the spirit of the original. Transferring the power from the engine to the rear axle is a totally new beefed up drivetrain including a heavy duty clutch and a straight cut racing gearbox. And as the cherry on the cake the entire car was put to a diet, lowering the weight to a ballet dancer like 1077 kilograms. It's a racing car to be respected now - don't throw it around aimlessly, let it do its job. It will do it well.

Reviews:

by Kurei
by Pyrelli

Last edited:
Aren't there many cams (cam lobes) on a camshaft? Somehow I have a vague feeling that a V8 has multiple valves, not just one. :D

Well, in that sense, yes, but "cam" is the abbreviation of camshaft. And there's only one camshaft. :P

And saying "new cam lobes" doesn't quite make sense unless the old ones were merely splined on. And even then, how much more expensive could a full cam be? :lol: :P

Hey, I'm not trying to piss you guys off, I was pointing out a typo! (Or at least what I saw as a typo)

I thought Grey was supposed to be the one who snapped at people. :lol:

Just kidding, Leo. I know you didn't mean for it to come off TOO harsh. :lol:

Nah, that was just what I call "counter owning". Try to prove me wrong and I'll mirror it back. :P

That's not snapping what you see from Leonidae... what you saw from me in Minichris' garage was snapping. :mischievous:

He has the point though, this car deserves a testing.

He has the point though, this car deserves a testing.

It sure does, no matter whose settings are applied.;)
(I guess my avatar says it all)

This is not implementing I will though. I still got some setups (Gekko Jr. for ex.) from you guys I need to write a review for laying around my cockpit...:P
I think it's better to finish those before even thinking of this baby.

But if you fancy good ol' American cars, this is one of thé cars you should try.

Oh, almost forgot: I'd like to have a review for a review. So for my Gekko Jr. review one of you guys reviews one of my setups(GT-R concept recommended). Yes or no?

And today I shall release my new, secret track weapon. It's so blue that British flag looks green next to it, and it's fast enough to keep up with more powerful cars, thanks to it's 726nm of torque.

Vince247 - We'll see, depending on how good a review you write. :P Nah, it'll happen sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back