Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Leo, i tested your Vette at Tsu, and 49's it does achieve...

And though i never thought it'd happen so soon, My C12 lost to it, but only by .163 of a second, plus you had about a 25HP advantage, so while its barely a victory, i'll accept that i've been matched in that style of racing 👍

But in terms of handling, it handled very nicely despite being that fast, wheelspin wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, it behaved well on the corner exits, and the brakes were good, though it felt like they could of had more "bite" to them, but it just might be myself noticing a difference from my C12 Vette to your C5 Vette

But not to worry, i still have one Super car that can easily reach 48's, and with 100 less horses :scared:

Well Leo, i tested your Vette at Tsu, and 49's it does achieve...

And though i never thought it'd happen so soon, My C12 lost to it, but only by .163 of a second, plus you had about a 25HP advantage, so while its barely a victory, i'll accept that i've been matched in that style of racing 👍

But in terms of handling, it handled very nicely despite being that fast, wheelspin wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, it behaved well on the corner exits, and the brakes were good, though it felt like they could of had more "bite" to them, but it just might be myself noticing a difference from my C12 Vette to your C5 Vette

But not to worry, i still have one Super car that can easily reach 48's, and with 100 less horses :scared:

Ah, this is indeed pleasant news to me. I also have few secret weapons left, although they can not match 0'48.. yet. 'Vette's final time in my hands was 0'49.1xx.. :mischievous:

But stay alert, because soon-ish there will be a yellow thunderbolt from the land of Huns, that out-manouvers it's twin turbo-charged bigger brothers with ease. I still have few other projects too, like 600bhp, overweight (yet nimble), force-fed supercoupe and few other specials.:sly:

Do I hear a Jag on the way?

My current record at Tsukuba is with my poorly tuned and R5 tired Esprit of 900hp lineage. 47.786.

Well, big pussycat would be a nice project in the future, I shall see if I'll do something like that.. but no, it's not a Shaguar.

Can my first post be presumptuous enough to request a MadFinn NSX!

One thing though, it must be N/A and it must suit a slow in fast out smooth driving style! Love your work guys.

No, it can't.

Sorry to be blunt but that's how the system works, you give us feedback on an existing car and we'll then build you one of your choice. That NSX is no problem but first you have to give one of our cars a shot.

Tom's R600 Chaser '00

600 bhp, 640 Nm, 1266 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 9.0 / 10.0
Ride Height: 120 / 130
Bound: 3 / 4
Rebound: 4 / 8
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 2 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 6

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.549
2nd: 1.697
3rd: 1.297
4th: 1.050
5th: 0.866
Final Gear: 3.450

Autoset 12

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 10

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 20

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Something of a really rapid taxi, the Tom's Chaser is quick as it is but is that enough for us? You guessed it, it isn't even near... as a result, the car has received a wing to match the bodykit and brand new white alloys to finish the clean looks but those are just the external improvements. Under the hood there are brand new hairdryers helping to raise the power output to 600 bhp and to supplement the power the entire suspension has been revised. The car is lower, stiffer, lighter and way more powerful than it's cousin. And very much faster. Named the R600 after the tuner and the power, this beast will make the BMW M5 look like a grocery getter.

Reviews:

by ImprezaAddict
by nd 4 holden spd
by shoman

Last edited:
MFT R4'03

599 bhp, 669 Nm, 1377 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Racing Intercooler
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (Xsara rallycar rims)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 10.0 / 9.0
Ride Height: 120 / 120
Bound: 4 / 8
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 1.5 / 2.0
Toe: 1 / -2
Stabilizers: 5 / 2

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 5

Transmission

NOTE! first adjust Autoset, then Final and then gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.830
2nd: 1.958
3rd: 1.454
4th: 1.131
5th: 0.924
6th: 0.770
Final Gear: 3.800 (for faster accceleration, try 4.xxx )

Autoset 11

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids

It has eight cylinders, legendary Quattro-AWD system and more than enough of wild ponies under the bonnet to make some supercars worried. It also has 4 doors and a big boot, that has a wing bolted on top of it. The car's chassis is lighter than standard models, and thanks to MFT's Club Sport-treatment, it also handles remarkably well for a car that has it's engine in front of the headlamps. This car used to be an Audi S4, but now it's MFT R4, roadlegal DTM-racer in drag. After 8000RPM launch from standstill, you can only smile as you see the M5 getting smaller in your mirrors.. Until it disappears.

Hmm, A German Sedan eh ?, well that's definatly peaked my interests, lol, the multi-spoked rims add that German look to it

Oh also, Remember my last secret weapon that i said had 100 less horses ?, well i finally gave it a oil change after remembering (its new so i put it off for a bit), now its only like 60 less, but thats still a advantage to the opponent, just thought i'd mention it before something screwy happens and im caught with my pants down :scared:

Well i've finished testing the Audi at Infineon, and for a German Sedan it handled pretty well, had the feeling of a WRC car's suspension, soft yet precise, corner exits showed minimum understeer, and some oversteer if i really put the 'hammer down'

Other than that, for a German Sedan, its been tuned quite well 👍

And !, The 70's Celica finally showed up in the car lot !, so i managed to test that as well :lol:

This was a fun car, it loved to powerslide wherever i took it, so i decided to see how much sliding i could get it to do at Tsukuba wet...

That was really fun, weight transfering all through-out the Dunlop section, even around the cone section, the car was setup just right to handle just about everything, from drifting to grip, its a good all-rounder car, perfect for entertainment on a boring day :D

Well i've finished testing the Audi at Infineon, and for a German Sedan it handled pretty well, had the feeling of a WRC car's suspension, soft yet precise, corner exits showed minimum understeer, and some oversteer if i really put the 'hammer down'

Other than that, for a German Sedan, its been tuned quite well 👍

I was amazed myself too! I guess that the lack of the weight from the twinturbo-setup saved a lot. NA V8 FTW? 💡

And !, The 70's Celica finally showed up in the car lot !, so i managed to test that as well :lol:

This was a fun car, it loved to powerslide wherever i took it, so i decided to see how much sliding i could get it to do at Tsukuba wet...

That was really fun, weight transfering all through-out the Dunlop section, even around the cone section, the car was setup just right to handle just about everything, from drifting to grip, its a good all-rounder car, perfect for entertainment on a boring day :D

Finally, A car that pleased you completely? :scared: Damn, I thought that I never could please you. I think I shall enter with that car when the next challenge is asking for 200bhp car.

Finally, A car that pleased you completely? :scared: Damn, I thought that I never could please you. I think I shall enter with that car when the next challenge is asking for 200bhp car.
Haha, i guess you could say im kinda like Keiichi Tsuchiya, like him, some of the tuning now-a-days i don't see as street tuning, but more as "performance over practicality", however when you have a car thats fun to cruise around with and performs at the track, thats a good example of a well-tuned street machine

Very true. You want a race car? Then it's a racecar. Want a street car that can take out more than its fair share? Then it's gotta do it all. Full interior, WON'T overheat in traffic, etc. As well as performing well.

FPV GTHO '04

684 bhp, 841 Nm, 1514 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.5 / 10.0
Ride Height: 120 / 150
Bound: 3 / 6
Rebound: 4 / 8
Toe: 2 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 8

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.767
2nd: 1.904
3rd: 1.455
4th: 1.178
5th: 0.985
6th: 0.841
Final Gear: 3.250

Autoset 12

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids

For those who want a quick Australian sedan, there is the FPV Typhoon. For those who want a really quick Australian sedan, there is the FPV GT. And for those who aren't satisfied even with that, there is the FPV GTHO. The only external change from the normal GT is the introduction of all black wheels to bring some raciness into the looks but the most significant changes are those unseen to the public. The 290 Boss engine has been tweaked to almost double the power of the base model and the suspension has lost some its comfortability for handling. The result is something between a supercruiser and a trackday car, with performance to make the opponents turn green.

Reviews:

by Brock5000
by Kurei
by Swish_aus

Last edited:
I've tested a few more cars!

Greycap, I took great pleasure in testing out the Chaser. It drove like a dream with damn good looks to boot. I admire the tuning work you do. I can't say that I have a single gripe with the Chaser, in all honesty.

Leonidae, I wanted to give a couple of yours cars a spin, just to even things out, so I tried the Corvette and the Audi S4. I was thoroughly impressed by the Vette. You spoke of it as a grip monster and a grip monster it was! Without any big top speed sacrifice, fantastic job. I did quite enjoy the S4, you tuned it well, I've yet to enjoy an Audi so much, that's for sure. I'd be thrilled to see you take up a big brother project and tune an RS 6. That's definitely a suggestion and not a request, as Greycap has already fulfilled that.

Keep up the awesome work guys. I might add a couple picture later, with your consent.

Sure, go ahead with the pictures! Just remember to make them as bright as possible, otherwise they will come out bit too dark.

I actually already did try all three super saloons from Audi ( those being S4, RS4 and RS6), and sadly I have to say that RS4 and RS6 just have too much weight in front of their headlights.
Thus, they understeered like total pigs, especially the RS6 that has that heavy twin turbo-V8 layout. Normally aspirated, high revving S4 easily out-handled them and was more enjoyable to tune and drive, quite close to the DTM-A4 in some aspects.

I'm happy that you enjoyed of the Corvette, I was really pleased with it myself! It did shatter quite a many track records I have had up for quite a long time.

after all the praise of your A4 i think i really have to try it Leo........i'll let you know as soon as possible how i liked it!

viper

Mitsubishi 3000GT-R'98

607 bhp, 767 Nm, 1386 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 9.0 / 4.5
Ride Height: 120 / 130
Bound: 8 / 8
Rebound: 8 / 6
Toe: 2 /-2
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 2 / 1

Transmission

NOTE! First, set auto setup, then final and last gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.525
2nd: 1.708
3rd: 1.250
4th: 0.962
5th: 0.777
6th: 0.660
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 15

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids

Mitsubishi's flagship, the notorious 3000GT, or GTO as some countries knew it, was always underestimated. This flashy, fast looking coupe, full of Mitsubishi's most ingenious gadgets that made it resemble more like spaceship than a luxurious sportscoupe. But all these fancy gadgets had their price: 3000GT was way heavier than it's competitors, and thus, most enthusiasts forgot it totally in their lust for lighter cars with less comforts. But now, MFT has awakened this beast after almost ten years sleep, and built it into specifications that it should have had when it first time came out. And just to prove that the car is better than commonly thought, they left off their typical gimmicks such as LSD and VCD, and the result was plenty of eager sideways behaviour in the corners, especially under braking. And if you're brave enough, you can bolt on biggest turbochargers you can find without destroying the handling. Have fun!

wow, the 3000GT-R looks stunning............and the R3's can really handle the biggest turbo?

i tested your MFT R4, and i have to say, i really like it. great handling, a bit of corner-entering understeer, great acceleration and the topspeed is also nice! a really great tune for a usual heavy german sedan!

viper

I'm glad that you find it entertaining ride, Viper! More than anything else in this car I like the engine. It just has power and torque all over the place despite "modest" displacement and mechanical tuning. One oddity has to be mentioned though: This car can be equipped with intercooler, despite the lack of supercharger or turbocharger options. :odd:

germans do weird things *gg*.............hopefully no one takes offense from these words!

you're right, the engine delivers very good power all over the place, nice tune!

viper

EDIT: i also tested Greycap's SuperBee, and all i can say is: stunning..............such a beast! a total road-machine.........nice handling, good acceleration! 👍

germans do weird things *gg*.............hopefully no one takes offense from these words!
They do... and add some Finnish madness to the mix and see the "big ones" facing some trouble! ;)
i also tested Greycap's SuperBee, and all i can say is: stunning..............such a beast! a total road-machine.........nice handling, good acceleration! 👍
Thanks for taking the old gas guzzler for a spin, it sounds like it did what it was meant to do! :)

I tested the FVP at Apricot hill Greycap

It feels like it has a delayed turn-in, that or im just imagining it, because i'll turn the wheel quite sharply into a curve, and the car won't move until almost a second later...

I looked at the settings, and noticed you had the toe like this, positive in the front (Toe: 2 / 0)

Did i get the settings wrong or is it supposed to be like that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back