Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-SpecII Nür '94

Well, what to say - you guys should get a time machine, go back to 1994, get jobs with Nissan, and produce this car.

Or, alternatively, provide the tune in GT5!

It's a great car, with an even better tune. I've been checking out the new 4WD seasonals with this tune, and could not be happier. Even on sports hard tyres, the car just feels so right. I quite like 4wd Nissan's, and this one is no exception.

You can take this car to any track and leave with a smile. Yes its not the fastest, or craziest (see the MFT Nismo upgrade of the same car for that), but it is great to drive. It loves the 'Ring and I am yet to find a section of any track that it performs badly on.

This is now my go to car when I just want to relax and put in a few kilometres - it handles superbly and taking corners is a joy with the great braking response and easy acceleration.

I've got no pics - but take it from me - in Aurora Flare Blue (2P) - it also looks fantastic as well.

Just a short review of the Amuse S2000 R1 '04. Been a while sice the PS3 had a life beyond standby so there were a lot of seasonals to catch up on and some new cars from you guys to try.

The 500PP FR ones seemed like a good proving ground for the Amuse, even if a bit of detuning and worse tyres were required. I will get to that bit later, though.

First, as intended, with the right tyres and the right power (and the right track). To sum it up, the car certainly passes the long distance racing tet - it is, with SS tyres at least, a very effective piece of kit, which will not bite once you learn a couple of peculiarities. While both understeer and oversteer are possible, the grip levels are enormous and the speeds through the top of hill chicane unmatched by cars without front downforce in this PP category in my hands. 👍

In fast corners an appropriate entry speed and a solidly engaged throttle should suffice to see you through stress free. If you feather the throttle or only have it applied lightly, the nose will start pushing wide (talking slightly slower corners here). As long as the loud pedal has lots of go, a soli shove should suffice to change the attitude to one of mild oversteer, which is controllable as long as you step in in time.

In slower corners, like at the entry into the first tunnel, a finer throttle control is required, since you will have the back coming round very suddenly otherwise. While a reasonably smooth track like the GVS masks this somewhat, a rougher road circuit certainly makes the oversteer in slower corners more of an issue to be managed.

Finally many of the corners that would require lifting in other cars at similar PP ratings can be taken flat out and braking, even from high speeds (for the first corner, for instance) is a doddle and the car remains stable throughout. 👍

Now back to the changes if the wrong, i.e. unintended SH tyres are used. As mentioned I used the car for the 500PP FR championship, which then also meant a detuned power.

Here the basic traits are still there but amplified. On some tracks like the R246 the car absolutely flies and my best lap with SHs is similar to some of your 500 tunes on SSs, which is impressive indeed - with a bit of extra practice I could probably get it down even more. Sure, I did not manage to navigate he Asakasa Palace chicane at 200 kmh or so and the last corner needs to be taken with a bit more care to not lose speed for the straight due to oversteer but otherwise the car truly flies!

Other circuits, like the Asa, required a lot more practice. Late braking is an absolute no go, as it will have the car understeer into the weeds, while early braking will mostly ensure enough grip for you to overtake opponents on the outside of corners, which is quite impressive. :)

This last bit is more of a side interest - as intended I can say the car performs brilliantly, and it has definitely earned a solid place on my favourites list. Not twitchy to the point of a constantly raised pulse but also not laid back to the extent to make it boring, with excellent grip and handling (compensating for the less than stellar acceleration, in spite of the excellent gear ratios), what's not to like? 👍

Last edited:
Audi quattro Straße '82

Clickable for full size

For starters, I would just like to say that for my own purposes I deviated from this tune in the power department. I opted for less power than the tune specified. Recently my driving game of choice has been F1 2010, and prior to that I still had not played GT5 in some time. Upon my arrival back I decided to test out a project from my favorite duo.

Considering I have been used to the pinpoint accuracy of a formula one car, I was surprisingly nailing corners with this car from the start. I would make my initial turn in and the back end would step out ever-so-slightly, but because of this I could get a really clean exit and never worried about understeer. I always felt in control of the car's trajectory. It really did feel like a road-going rally car.

Where this car really surprised me was when I took it back to it's roots: going straight from tarmac to dirt and it still drove like a champ. The grip was amazing, and the control on the drifts were unlike any car I've driven before. Even my inexperienced self could navigate a dirt course with ease.

Well done, Greycap. Even though it might not have been your intention, you've created a solid all-rounder out of one of the sport's biggest legends.

To go with the Amuse, I also tried out its Opera performance S2330 '04 brother. While based on the same car, the results seem quite different. The first shocker being the suspension being dropped 25 mils - I tripple checked (also with the text) before applying that ;)

Getting back to the track I would say that the car is both more novice friendly and at the same time partially less so. On the one hand, it is better tied down and more neutral - you will not get the same understeer when lifting, nor will you get the back in play normally, when being more brutal with the throttle. It is still possible to get a tailwag in the final Ss at GVS but otherwise the back is largely not an issue.

So far so novice friendly. On the other hand, this also takes away some of the line adjustability of the Amuse, and it is more difficult to dart around other cars, when relatively close to the limit.

One other thing I observed (but this could be me) is a slightly lower grip level in longer corners. The speeds in the first corner (all GVS), between the first and second tunnels, or in the third tunnel were consistently around 3-5 kmh lower than what I managed in the Amuse, and I did not manage to find a line through the last corner that would allow me to pass it without lifting, which seemed relatively easy in the Amuse.

Overall I also felt you needed a very different approach to driving it than with the Amuse. While understeer in the Amuse is banished by a judicious application of the throttle, here you will often get more of it, as the back does not come into play that strongly. This is not to say that the Opera is an understeering beast, just that you will be steering with the throttle less (or less effectively, if you wish).

Finally a pretty strong car, with neutral handling and good grip but I would say that while more friendly to the very novices, might be harder to get the most out of for drivers with a bit of experience (but not experts) than with the Amuse. My top times were funnily enough less consistent than with the Amuse (in spite of the laps being wilder here) and the top time was just over 1.1 seconds slower. Will give it a bit more practice the next time I manage to sneak an hour or so on GT5 👍

Sounds about right. :lol: As usual, I provide more peaceful ride that is still pretty quick for what it is. It originally was more tailhappy, but that could be down to my more brutal application of throttle and brake pedal than Greycaps, whose driving style is smooth, slow, while the car he drives is fast and twitchy. Yeah, polar opposite of me indeed. ;) I need the car to be stable and grippy to cope with my abrupt inputs, which would suit a rally driver more than trackday driver.

Hikkakikka - Welcome aboard! The Galant will always be a family sedan underneath the racy shell so it's no miracle that it wants to understeer but fortunately it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Not to mention that somehow it manages to put pressure on cars 15 years younger which tells a lot about how good the Evo ancestor really is.

Diogo G. - Cloak and dagger is the name of the game... and most of the reviews are for Leo's cars anyway so I have no reason to say anything. :P

krioto - Ah, the car that put the ball rolling for the second time. I can only wonder how good it would be if I made it now with the tyre physics having been upgraded twice already... or then it wouldn't get any better and I got it right on the first try. Both possibilities are equally real. But it's very good to hear that it still does what it was made to do and carries the Nür designation with pride.

kingmoshoeshoe2 - Believe me, it's no lie when I say that I'm happy the Amuse review came from you as you know my style and that car represents the said style very well. It allows the driver to do practically whatever is desired with incredible versatility while retaining cornering speeds not from this world. I don't know what kind of magic Amuse has done with it but there aren't many road cars, if any, that can match it on a twisty road. And if lack of power is a problem, there's always the insane GT1 Turbo...

BLITZ_69 - Less power is actually taking the car closer to the point where it began, it was originally made to be my 400PP wet track special for online races. And a good all rounder is something we always aim for, sometimes succeeding, sometimes not but it seems that this time I really nailed it with a car that is among the most deserving to pull off such a feat. It's indeed a great car, much better than its GT reputation implies, and while not on the same level with its modern counterparts it can in good hands cause a nasty surprise to many of them. It's not a legend for nothing.

Our driving styles are indeed interesting in how different they are. My driving relies pretty heavily on trail braking and I turn the wheel (always only the left hand on the wheel) as little as possible, as smoothly as possible, and the same thing goes for the pedal work. As a result I absolutely need a car that turns at the slightest hint and can be manoeuvred during braking. On the other hand Leonidae has a good two-hand death grip on the wheel which he turns at least 90 degrees at once and his pedals have exactly two positions for most of the time. Not surprisingly he makes cars that travel dead straight during braking and don't break loose until something really stupid has been done. And even less surprising is that we rarely get along with each other's cars as he puts my cars in the wall backwards and I say hello to the sand pit nose first. :lol:

I told Leonidae about this, but a tribute to you guys (the Volvo C30) is posted in my garage, as you were the first garage I came to when I joined here, and was I blown away. Hope you guys like it. :)

Opera Performance S2330'04 review

I've had a long long break from GT5. Partly because I got bored of it and partly because I was busy playing Battlefield 3.
Yet the Twin Ring Motegi DLC tempted me into playing it again. Instantly I recalled some good memories.
And sadly some bad ones as it took me three tries to get into a lobby a friend was playing on. Oh and then the game froze, so I had to restart my PS3 and join again.
But eventually I got some racing done in a Ferrari F40.
With comfort softs and no ABS.
It didn't work very well for me and I quickly remembered why I don't usually drive F40's on comfort softs and no ABS, so I downgraded the lunacy a bit and tried this tune. The Opera Performance S2330 by Leonidae (Obviously a tune from Greycap would be upgrading the lunacy instead of downgrading it).

As usual I first tried the car with just the parts installed, yet without the settings. Usually this results in something very frustrating and/or terrifying, yet with this car it wasn't too bad. Which shouldn't come as a surprise, the car doesn't have that much more power. The test track I picked this time was Autumn Ring (I would use Motegi, but I'll be honest, it looks like a horrible Photomode track and my reviews are not complete with a picture or two)
It behaved well most of the time, yet had an annoying tendency of spinning the tires. Not too bad as I've said before, but just enough to ruin a corner exit which, as we all know, is vital for your time.
However if your goal is not to be the fastest, but just have some fun it already does the job well. It does tend to slide if you push it, but the slide is very controllable. Never did I feel like I was struggling to set the car straight again and that made the car fun.
The trouble started when I wanted to set a fast lap. It's just a bit too tail-happy to be a hot-lapping car.

With all of this I was eager to try it out with all the correct settings straight from the MFT settings sheet. I tried it on Autumn Ring again and the changes were visible as soon as I took the first couple of corners. The tendency to spin tires was completely gone. Pretty damn impressive as it completely changed the car's character. No longer a wild 'don't care about anything' car, but a precise almost uptight racing car. The expression 'like it's on rails' fits this car perfectly.
Proper hot-lapping car and unmistakeably a car tuned by Leonidae. Very steady and very safe through the corners and as such it offers the opportunity for the fastest laps possible. It showed too as my laps were about a second faster with the new settings. Keep in mind that Autumn Ring is a very small track and in 5 laps that would increase to 5 seconds. In 10 laps it would increase to 10 seconds. And in 15 laps the other car would crash and spin out because it's not as stable as this car.
It might not offer the opportunity of smoke filled terror and excitement, but then again that's what the other half of MFT is all about, right?

I told Leonidae about this, but a tribute to you guys (the Volvo C30) is posted in my garage, as you were the first garage I came to when I joined here, and was I blown away. Hope you guys like it. :)

Yup, I did notice it and I thank you for it. :D Now, if only that C30 had the engine characteristics of the Focus ST, it would be a better car..

Opera Performance S2330'04 review

Well done, and you really did nail it. It indeed was bit too slippery for fast lapping IMHO.. *Looks at the lunatic half* Because some of us want to do lots of laps without dying from fear and dehydration due to wetting oneself. :lol: So, I dialed it down that the new guys can get in some reasonably quick laps without sinking to kitty litter.

Also tried the Audi quattro Strasse '82 briefly. To be honest, when I saw the pair, I badly wanted to try the Datsun (I know it's not but for me they all are ;)), while the Audi left me cold - must be my experience with the cars in real life :)

And while the 240RS is certainly lots of fun, in an oversteery way, it's also not particularly quick in my hands, as I lose too much time with odd angles and massive wheelspin. So the Audi next. Somehow the 1982 edition really looks it (the ur-Quattro was produced till 1991 and evolved with the times and tastes), with the massive ground clearance, the very 80s headlamp surrounds, and the wheels (the original items at least).

Driving is another issue, though. Understeer has largely been banished, or to rephrase it, can be instantly cured with the right amount of throttle. In this sense very much a Greycap car.

What I really like about it is the dual character - you can either drive it smoothly as a grip car, or let your inner idiot out and get all 4 wheel drifts, the back playing ball and the other bells and whistles of taking the car by the scruff of the neck. Somehow with me driving, the rear always exited at a slightly higher angle than the front but do not fear an oversteery monster - the car sorts itself out pretty rapidly and the angles are largely not severe. It will also turn in more sharply, when applying the brakes.

The bright side of the high stance is that kerbs, bumps etc. hardly seem to upset the car, although I have to admit to not having tried it at the more demanding tracks in this respect. Braking seems good and stable, too. The only thing to watch out for are the 4 wheel drifts, because of the whole car then inexorably sliding towards the outside of the corner, even if the stance is oversteery. One corner I for instance had difficulties nailing at speed was the Asakasa Palace on at R246 (for this reason). What you get with 1982 width tyres, I suppose (even if SS).

The car is massive fun on different types of tracks, worked nicely at TM (my times were similar to the 500PP FF cars in your portfolio), as well as at R246, where it was easy to win even against a Shelby in front (where I would struggle with the R32 GT-R from you in a similar PP state; your 500PP FFs were faster here).

As a final comment - if you do decide to play rough, there is loads of fun to be had. Not braking much will get you slide all around the track in the first segment at TM, for instance; you can let your inner Finn loose with lurid slides, 4 wheel drifts and heroic angles 👍

So overall a fantastic fun car, something Audi sadly almost forgot how to do in the following decades 👍

The Scuderia is a very good car but on the other hand it's no surprise to anyone that it's fast and razor sharp. Personally I would pick the Mustang Mach 2, a nimble sports car to be taken seriously despite looking like a stereotypical understeering Yank tank.

kingmoshoeshoe2 - Where do these highly detailed text walls come from? :eek: But yes, there's only one real quattro in the world and it's the original. All the ones after it lack something. Probably the direct and raw feeling it gives, then again it's quite understandable seeing that some of the parts used came from a military vehicle... but I couldn't imagine it being silky smooth and plush, it's a rally car in casual clothing after all. Sadly the market today simply doesn't accept such cars for wide scale production.

Let me try and make the next wall a bit slimer then ;) Managed to configure the RS200 Evolution '85 after the football last night and take it for a spin this morning. As time was limited, the review is only based on GVS, although I can hardly imagine the car having difficulties elsewhere ;)

If you approach it with the memories of the road RS200 Greycap did a while ago, you are probably in for a real surprise. While the road version teaches you to look at life through the side windows - the angles the car routinely managed to hold looked almost backwards at times (and it would still be manageable and sort itself out) and in spite of this tail happiness it's been a car that saw me through most US / 4x4 events in similar (or at reduced power) or slightly lower PP categories. 👍

The race RS is a pure grip machine, at least with race tyres. You have to be fairly brutal to get the back to step out but a massive throttle application will tuck the nose in somewhat and tighten the line. The braking is - as usually - rock solid, even if you are steering at the same time. And typically for a Greycap car it turns better under power than on part throttle. Unlike the Audi it did not offer the possibility of going for the more playful attitude, when desired. It seems to be one of the rail following variety of cars that are difficult to upset in the dry 👍

Another plus for me was that I managed really consistent laps with the car, not something I am known for otherwise. But putting in four consecutive laps to within 0,1 secs of eachother is a real achievement for me :D

To not only wax lyrical about the car I took a quick spin in the Calibra on the same track immediately afterwards. And while it did not in any way decrease my appreciation of the RS, it seems the Rüsselsheim colleagues simply managed to magic more out of fewer PPs. In spite of being ~30PP down, the car simply laps GVS faster with me at the tiller - mostly by about 0,8 secs a lap, with a best being 1,2 secs better. The time gained was in the first and last sectors, with the top of hill chicane and the third tunnel being the places, where the Calibra took most time out, while I generally managed the second sector a tad faster in the Ford. The RS certainly accelerated a lot better (slow corners especially) but also had trouble with the fast final corner, for instance, where you could easily go flat out in the Calibra but needed to lift in the Ford.

Last comment - to get to the indicated PP you also need to install the Engine Tune Stage 3, which is not in your specs.

Be that as it may, the RS200 is an excellent tune and I cannot wait to try it elsewhere, too 👍 If I manage some more game time, a review of the little Pug that beat it in real life is to follow this weekend :)

Last edited:
And now to the Peugeot 205 Evolution II '86. It looks equally weird on a racetrack as the RS200, in spite of being lowered much more than is usual for your cars. While Greycap will unlock more speed from the Ford, other Finns historically got along with the Pug better, so let's see.

I started on GVS again. The car was perhaps not a revelation, since I already roughly had an expectation but it was a slight surprise nevertheless. Where the RS200 gripped, the Peugeot gripped better, the top of the hill chicane was easier to take at an even higher speed, the 'swimming pool section' was faster, and while the last tunnel wasn't, the car also carried more speed into the last corner and onto the straight. A slight lift was required but the corner speed (in my hands) was over 10kmh higher for the last turn. The first real lap was already faster than both the Calibra and the RS and the second got me to within 1,5 secs of Greycaps posted best time - much closer than what I manage usually.

While you get a slight push of the nose if you apply throttle too early when exiting corners, it's a remarkably neutral car. It does have one vice - which may well cost it a second on GVS - the gearbox. Not sure if it was just that the settings were not written up correctly but it appears that the ratios remained stock, apart from the ifnal gear ratio. While they are well enough spaced, a top speed of 254kmh is frustratingly low. You are bouncing off the limiter down the whole straight at GVS, it will hit the limiter at TM, and probably at pretty much every single other track in the game. :( Want to look into this, or is there a reason for it?

At TM some of the neutrality is gone in the second sector, as the elevation changes manage to upset the balance at times but the car is still remarkably effective and easy to control. 👍

Overall a brilliant car :D

Thanks for the review!

There is a reason for the gearbox. I wanted to keep the rallycar-like gear ratios in order to ensure outstanding acceleration out of tight spots. True, 5th gear could probably be bit longer, but as it is, it sort of twists your arm behind your back, telling you that it's a cornering machine, not a straightline monster. But, if you keep it in the tight, twisty tracks, it will perform to it's fullest potential.

Last but not least - the race Pug's tamer cousin - the 205 T16 '85. While looking pretty awesome in an 80s French kind of way, I somehow never got around to it, imagining it to be difficult to drive (the short wheelbase and positioning of the engine, and your label of advanced). As I managed my way around some other 'advanced' cars from your stable by now I thought of giving it a try. :)

First of all, it is nothing like the race 205. While the latter seems to have no hint of its dimensions or driveline layout apparent in the handling, the road version does. It will not bounce off the rev limiter on the GVS straight but it will get you sweaty palms (or it does that to me anyway - maybe the DS3 is not making the job of catching it easier) every time you brake for the first corner. As long as braking is in a straight line, it remains neutral but as soon as a radius is introduced, that back slowly but inexorably starts getting involved.

The rest of the handling seems to have a layer of treacle around it - it is not a car of lightning reactions - which is good for keeping things under control but at the same time giving the driver few options. It may be that I was consistently too fast on corner entry but the car appeared understeery and even a brutal throttle application will only get the back involved gradually. In faster corners this means more understeer before the line tightens slightly so make sure you have planty of space when doing this.

Braking remained an issue for me, with the first corner being the worst, the other one from high speed (after the top of hill chicane) simply worrying for the low perceived force of the brakes (feels forever before the car slows and the braking zones seem longer, too).

Eventually I tried a different tack and drove the car fairly gently and things improved. Braking earlier than your instincts tell you to, gently turning in and compensating for the lower corner speeds with a faster exit seems to have worked and my time was not so far off Greycap's posted one to make me feel ineffective (within 2 secs).

To be honest not a car of immediate gratification, more one where you have to work on mastering it, and getting consistent laptimes out is certainly an achievement. Still, it wears its 'advanced' rating for a reason and is definitely a car to teach you about tricky dynamics. So in the end more of a teaching instrument than a fun one 👍

Last but not least - the race Pug's tamer cousin - the 205 T16 '85. While looking pretty awesome in an 80s French kind of way, I somehow never got around to it, imagining it to be difficult to drive (the short wheelbase and positioning of the engine, and your label of advanced). As I managed my way around some other 'advanced' cars from your stable by now I thought of giving it a try. :)

First of all, it is nothing like the race 205. While the latter seems to have no hint of its dimensions or driveline layout apparent in the handling, the road version does. It will not bounce off the rev limiter on the GVS straight but it will get you sweaty palms (or it does that to me anyway - maybe the DS3 is not making the job of catching it easier) every time you brake for the first corner. As long as braking is in a straight line, it remains neutral but as soon as a radius is introduced, that back slowly but inexorably starts getting involved.

The rest of the handling seems to have a layer of treacle around it - it is not a car of lightning reactions - which is good for keeping things under control but at the same time giving the driver few options. It may be that I was consistently too fast on corner entry but the car appeared understeery and even a brutal throttle application will only get the back involved gradually. In faster corners this means more understeer before the line tightens slightly so make sure you have planty of space when doing this.

Braking remained an issue for me, with the first corner being the worst, the other one from high speed (after the top of hill chicane) simply worrying for the low perceived force of the brakes (feels forever before the car slows and the braking zones seem longer, too).

Eventually I tried a different tack and drove the car fairly gently and things improved. Braking earlier than your instincts tell you to, gently turning in and compensating for the lower corner speeds with a faster exit seems to have worked and my time was not so far off Greycap's posted one to make me feel ineffective (within 2 secs).

To be honest not a car of immediate gratification, more one where you have to work on mastering it, and getting consistent laptimes out is certainly an achievement. Still, it wears its 'advanced' rating for a reason and is definitely a car to teach you about tricky dynamics. So in the end more of a teaching instrument than a fun one 👍

Ah yes, the roadgoing version.. I use that frequently in the seasonal drift events. You need to know how to manage weight shifting in that car, your experience of the tail stepping out during the braking should've been a clear indicator of that. Scandinavian flicks and other weight management tricks are the name of the game instead of futilely applying throttle - As you noticed, that just glued the rear end more solidly to the road. This car needs you to show that you're in control or it will demonstrate the stubborn traits you encountered. As you said, it requires work to get most out of it. ;)

Track, there's always magic happening in our thread. It just happens behind the pages, or between them, not on them. :lol:

Fair point :) Tried it some more and it is - in the way you described - posible to get the rear to play but at least in my hands this did not really improve the times. Given how I do not really drift, the latter are the primary objective (together with having fun achieving them). :D

Just out of curiosity, does the 0/2 brake balance also weaken the overall braking effect?

Have you guys tuned the Elise 111R yet? Im too tired to go trough 154 pages (im using app). If you havent, could you? I can share you my Elise for you to tune.

kingmoshoeshoe2 - Those two Fords are actually very similar when the actual cars are considered but you're seeing the huge difference between sports and racing tyres in action right there. If you equip the rally car with Sports Softs or less it'll be just as good or bad, depending on the view, as the road car. I've actually driven them both in drift trials with Comfort Hards and the main difference comes from the added power. But that's a good thing at least in my eyes, there are no real flaws in the RS200 to begin with and the good sides haven't disappeared when turning it into a racer.

The difference between a rallying Ford and a track racing Opel, well, it can be safely said that the PP system only works between cars of a similar class/style/something. It doesn't put nearly enough value on mechanical and aerodynamical grip but relies more on power, torque and weight - all of which turn the scales against a Group B rally car. Then again on a "stop and go" track the RS200 might actually beat the Calibra by its explosive acceleration.

Tzun - Yes we have, named Lotus Elise Sport 220 '04 and sporting a 500PP tune.

As one of the older tunes I have not tried yet, the Honda S2000 Spec A '06 was due to appear sooner or later. Many a time I had a tab with the settings open but then did not get to it. :(

In any case, after finishing work today some relaxation was in order and I gave it a try - first with your long distance settings, subsequently with the original ones.

GVS, TM, R246 were all hunting grounds, the latter one the only I did not try with both settings. The car is typically Greycap in that it is rock stable under braking, and that throttle openings do produce a result steeringwise, when the speeds are not too high. :)

My initial impression was of excellent front grip and no understeer. As I drove it more I felt the grip was maybe not that excellent after all but then a quick comparison with the MX-5 you made made me decide it worked rather nicely in the end ;) The rear is fairly willing to play at low speeds but gets progressively steadier as you up the pace. In high speed corners the adjustability slowly vanishes, to the extent where the car has hardly any sensitivity to throttle inputs and where only a sharp prod on the brakes will alter the line. As it will usually get you to the other end of the curve without it, this is not a problem but a bit more throttle steering would be welcome at these higher speeds, too (my personal opinion, of course).

The achilles heel of the car seems to be bumps, kerbs and any other road imprefections, which for me at least were a sure fire way to a ruined lap. While the top of the hill chicane bump can be taken with no regard to this, the swimming pool section ones need more care, and the final corner at TM remained a heart in mouth moment throughout.

Finally, I decided to revert back to the apparently hairier short distance settings. To be honest, I found the car a bit easier to control with these, although I would not necessarily chosen the car for an endurance race in neither configuration ;) My times at GVS improved in this way and I felt the rear easier to catch, too.

In terms of times, it did not quite get to the 500PP private rockets the two of you have made for me, but competed relatively nicely against the published 500PP machinery in my hands, and my times with the Mazda MX-5 were at practically the same distance to it as your distance. :)

A good car with deceptive speed (at no point did I feel like going particularly fast), which definitely takes a lot of skill to consistently get good times out of, even if it is not that difficult to drive per se. 👍 Sadly, TM and the Spec A somehow just do not gel with me :(

Last edited:
Hm.. With my packing progressing and day of move approaching rapidly, we've not published anything recently.. But, we will come up with something.

Well, I have been driving Greycap's Ford Mustang, and I'm really impressed. That car has plenty of sleeper potential in it. Plenty of grip, plenty of speed, and plenty of muscle car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back