Malware warnings from Meme Generator?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Is anyone else getting these?

GTP malware detected chrome.png

All I know is is that I've been able to browse all of GTPlanet and never before had this warning, and I've used Meme Generator before several times. So I assume this is a problem on their end?

:confused:

Typically there are only one or two images that flag warnings like that. This time, however, there are a lot. For now I'll leave them until we see if @Jordan has a better solution than simply deleting the posts.

Scanned the site address with VirusTotal (virustotal.com/en-gb/#url) and this is what came up,
Screenshot_2014-05-21-14-28-04.png
Notice that Google Safebrowsing comes up when the URL was scanned.

But all it takes for a site to be flagged as dangerous is one "click on me and get a free ipad" ad.

If GTP had these kinds of ads, it would be flagged as dangerous after a while.

But all it takes for a site to be flagged as dangerous is one "click on me and get a free ipad" ad.

If GTP had these kinds of ads, it would be flagged as dangerous after a while.
I get a few of those things on here, and it's not uncommon at all. I'd say 8 out of 10 sites I visit have some obvious scam ads.

What?

I went to that link, and a warning didn't show up for me. Huh...

EDIT: [domain blocked due to malware] seems to be different form memegenerator.net

EDIT2: If you type in cdn.memegenerator-net (dot instead of dash), the text [domain blocked due to malware] shows up. Anyways, cdn-memegenerator.com doesn't seem to be a normal cdn site and is detected by malware by every browser. If you go there, there's large text saying 'LIVE FAST TROLL HARD'

Last edited:
I'm not really sure what your point is here? First you said they were different sites, then you edited your message to say it didn't seem like a normal CDN.

Memegenerator may or may not have a malware issue on their CDN. That's about it.

TB
Ten years of using FF and I've never seen that. :lol:

That's strange... you're either a super-safe-surfer or perhaps you have other software that kills the "input" before FF sees it? That's the reason I use 'Fox more than anything.

TB
I don't go to stupid websites, no.

Fair comment, but a few months ago that GTPlanet ad triggered exactly the same block. I stress again that I don't consider GTPlanet to be in any way to blame for that and I imagine that it was Google who removed the source eventually.

Your use of the word "stupid" seems to me to be adding a little too much egg, incidentally. I don't think I could have been read as attacking and I saw nobody accuse you of stupor.

Last edited:
I got that warning recently when I went to get a bus timetable from the local firms website. Any site can get infected by malware and blocked by Google or Browsers. The 'quality' of the website has very little bearing on it, if you haven't seen that warning before it's as much chance as it is safe browsing.

Back