Mapping "Zahara de la Sierra" (new GT6 track)

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 2,570 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... GT7 need not have some DLC model/promise of later content and instead needs to be a complete package upon arrival.

That's not to say the whole monthly/regularly scheduled/periodic DLC idea wasn't a brilliant one. It's just that it has been poorly executed, plagued with setbacks/delays, and riddled with game breaking bugs. This type of thing should be saved for developers more competent with after release patches (see R*). GT should keep the disk heavy, and the after thoughts, patches, & updates light imo.

But yeah, this post is wildly off-topic, I really hope the track editor and community features don't completely break the game. I feel bad for those who complain of data limits, slow internet, and limited HDD space. The track editor and community features could render online play for GT6 unplayable if it's a mandatory patch. At this point, I just want Zahara (Circuito de la Sierra*). The other stuff can wait until GT7 as far as I'm concerned. That's not to say I wouldn't be ecstatic if it made it into GT6 and it actually worked.

Last edited:
Don't want to bring this off topic but it's very strange that many doesn't like that I'm never 100% positive, I have to speak out what I don't like either you know. That's like being abused by someone you love, but you're always positive towards them because reasons. That's not me...

Back on topic. I hope the wait with this track is worth it, because honestly my excitement for it is fading away because Kaz keeps us waiting all the time. Don't know how some people can take that.

Don't want to bring this off topic but it's very strange that many doesn't like that I'm never 100% positive, I have to speak out what I don't like either you know. That's like being abused by someone you love, but you're always positive towards them because reasons. That's not me...

Back on topic. I hope the wait with this track is worth it, because honestly my excitement for it is fading away because Kaz keeps us waiting all the time. Don't know how some people can take that.

Some of us are patient. We can see the game is progressing with each update, and are confident it will progress further.

And it's not that you aren't 100% positive, more so that you are 100% negative in a lot of posts. Which is a complete 180 degree turn from 6 months ago. The game, or Kaz has not abused you, yet you, and other members appear to consistently abuse Kaz and PD on these forums.

Either way, whether you agree or not, you could at least try and break the cycle of abuse.

600 pp SS tire non race car.
Just like the Goodwood special events, and the Senna special events and the special events ON THE MOON.

Are you really this desperate to hate on PD?
@sirjim73 pretty much spoken my mind. :sly: No it is not the return of rally either.
Oh yes, it ofcourse is the infamous Super Slap. Loved watching that as a child.

For real though, answer my question. What do you think it is?

Glad you didn't fall for his sob story. I almost felt moved by it myself but then I thought... "but GT5 & GT6 though...", and all the other letdowns & not so clever word play leading people to believe monthly DLC dreams, "soon to come/shortly after the game releases" promises, community & match making features from GT5 that have still yet to return, and a hat removing track list that has yet to surface, plus countless other bugs and missing standards of the racing genre. Then I immediately remembered that some people are just diehard oblivious followers of all things Kaz and PD and truly believe that he/they can do no wrong. Glad you didn't fold Toko. We'll join the GT Loyalists once GT gives us a solid reason to.

You make it sound like GT6 cheated on you or something.

Seriously, almost NO dates were given for ANY features. They said "future." So far, they've delivered on data logger, Senna content, and other promised features. Add to that the confirmation that Course Maker is coming along well.

If any of you people feel as though you've had a "scarring experience" with GT6, I can only say that it's your fault for having unrealistic expectations. We didn't get most big features in GT5 until Spec 2, a full YEAR after GT5 was released. It's been half of that time with GT6 and people are already calling counseling centers to help them with their GT6 depression syndromes.

Cool thanks for wasting my time. First off i suffer from multiple types of despression, some of which are serious, so i don't appreciate you relating game disappointment to a disease that hurts Real People. As far as your argument, I have heard that many times before, this isn't me being a jerk about dates. I just more disappointed because i expected better work from polyphony digital, i am not holding them to their word, even though i should. Also i have been buying gt since gt3. i waited years for gt5 and then it got delayed and then gt6, so don't question my patience vs expectations.I think we have all leaned to giving pd leeway towards dates and what not, but not a lack of quality and efficient timetables. Regarding my bad experience, i haven't had one, i have been disappointed, but this is my favorite game of all time and i will continue to play, i was impatient because i feel as though i was playing gt5 again and as someone who has preordered both gt5 and gt6 3-4 months before release and shelled out out a bit of money and time, because i love the game, i have the right to feel disappointed. So please don't generalize those disappointed with those who rage. Check yourself. Got a problem email me at fareeljalit@gmail.com.

I respect kaz, i truly thank him for expanding gt, its not just a game now its a lifestyle, with real car makers joining, Thats a dream!. I guess when its your favorite game of all time, you have high expectations, my bad.

Back on topic, i hope there is many elevation shirts and tight corners, my m4 is sitting there waiting. I mean i have two of them one of use and the other sitting there waiting for sahara, haha I'm kind of weird. I do hope this is not paid though, but even if it is i will buy it, as i said in the last post my gt6 goes beyond just the game.

Cool thanks for wasting my time. First off i suffer from multiple types of despression, some of which are serious, so i don't appreciate you relating game disappointment to a disease that hurts Real People. As far as your argument, I have heard that many times before, this isn't me being a jerk about dates. I just more disappointed because i expected better work from polyphony digital, i am not holding them to their word, even though i should. Also i have been buying gt since gt3. i waited years for gt5 and then it got delayed and then gt6, so don't question my patience vs expectations.I think we have all leaned to giving pd leeway towards dates and what not, but not a lack of quality and efficient timetables. Regarding my bad experience, i haven't had one, i have been disappointed, but this is my favorite game of all time and i will continue to play, i was impatient because i feel as though i was playing gt5 again and as someone who has preordered both gt5 and gt6 3-4 months before release and shelled out out a bit of money and time, because i love the game, i have the right to feel disappointed. So please don't generalize those disappointed with those who rage. Check yourself. Got a problem email me at fareeljalit@gmail.com.
I am sorry for my usage of words. It was poor. It was simply to hyperbolize the mood that many show.

I had depression for a year, so I definitely know how serious it can be.

Second, yes GT is not perfect. But the way some criticize it is poor. It is progressing nicely, I feel.

It is okay to be disappointed. It isn't okay to say things like PD can't do anything right.

Also, my post was not directed at you initially. I have never noticed you criticizing them in a negative light. So if you think I was talking about you specifically, rest assured that I was not.

Last edited:
@KinLM Well said !

---

I repeat myself but I'd be careful about Sierra content.

Does this circuit exist? I think so.

But I doubt that this is a track for course maker. I'm not saying it's impossible but I prefer to remain careful again ! :)

But I doubt that this is a track for course maker. I'm not saying it's impossible but I prefer to remain careful again ! :)
It might actually be a location for the course maker.

But, as usual with PD, who the hell knows what they're up to :lol:

I meant the special event.
Oh, crap. Sorry. :P I guess something like cutting the track into section in each event than racing the full for the final? Not sure.
Some of us are patient. We can see the game is progressing with each update, and are confident it will progress further.

And it's not that you aren't 100% positive, more so that you are 100% negative in a lot of posts. Which is a complete 180 degree turn from 6 months ago. The game, or Kaz has not abused you, yet you, and other members appear to consistently abuse Kaz and PD on these forums.

Either way, whether you agree or not, you could at least try and break the cycle of abuse.
I'm just not happy with how Kaz has become nowadays. He is less of a game developer now, and I'm very disappointed by that. I don't think I can be positive with how he is, and what he turned the game into. I just don't like him anymore, especially in interviews before GT6 got released.

Last edited:
What makes him less of a game developer as any other head of a studio? Or just a regular developer in general?

What makes him less of a game developer as any other head of a studio? Or just a regular developer in general?
Pretty much a game developer that focuses on the game and improving it, while doing other non gaming activities but doesn't get too carry away with them.
That sounds fine too. But I'd prefer them doing that for the Nordschleife if they'd do that. Like in GT5.
:)👍

Pretty much a game developer that focuses on the game and improving it, while doing other non gaming activities but doesn't get too carry away with them.

I don't normally find myself in the "PD Defense Boat" but who's to say he isn't focusing on the game. Simply because we know what he does in his free time? Sure enough his position gives him perks but that's not to say that the other developers are doing nothing without him around.

I don't normally find myself in the "PD Defense Boat" but who's to say he isn't focusing on the game. Simply because we know what he does in his free time? Sure enough his position gives him perks but that's not to say that the other developers are doing nothing without him around.
I know the employees are still working even though he's not there. I'm just saying he should spent more time with the game and his fans who helped bring him where he is today. Kaz should spent less with these manufacturers and other people he's met. Like I know GT is expending more than just a game, and that's great. However I don't want it becoming less of a game and more of a marketing tool is all.

I hope you and others who massively dislike me (not including you btw) can understand where I'm getting at.

It might actually be a location for the course maker.

But, as usual with PD, who the hell knows what they're up to :lol:

Well, Kaz did say they might start by releasing premade tracks to the community first, and then the full editor could follow after. But at the time of that statement, as usual, he was uncertain.

So yeah, who knows indeed!

I know the employees are still working even though he's not there. I'm just saying he should spent more time with the game and his fans who helped bring him where he is today. Kaz should spent less with these manufacturers and other people he's met. Like I know GT is expending more than just a game, and that's great. However I don't want it becoming less of a game and more of a marketing tool is all.

I hope you and others who massively dislike me (not including you btw) can understand where I'm getting at.

Precisely. No matter how you cut it, the more time spent on the track, shaking hands, & making appearances = less
time maintaining and overseeing development of GT6 hands on. I do see the benefits of forming these relationships and the "don't talk about it, be about it" nature of being involved in the race world is commendable. But I don't feel Kaz has much more to prove on that front and it should at some point be put aside so he can go full steam ahead into dev' mode.

But who are we to really say how a man should live and what his priorities should be? I understand this too. So if racing is a passion Kaz wants to adamantly pursue, then he should assign someone else to be head of game development. But honestly, this option sounds less likely than the former.

Hmm, I think there needs to be a 5 to 10 man team of "Kaz's" all responsible for the production of Gran Turismo and each with their own team of (interchangeable) members. That seems like the best template for a refined, well tested, multi-layered, fleshed out, multi-featured, and well rounded GT racing experience.

Oh, but that would require more staff & PD's clearly against that...
::head scratch::

Well... Back to the drawing board...

Zahara anyone?

Last edited:

How GT rates on social media; that like button is the most powerful marketing tool.

Generation Like is the future of marketing.

, I still won't forgive PD after what we went through with GT6.

When course maker is added, surely that's your problem solved and you can forgive them? I mean, if course maker doesn't make YOU happy, I don't know what will :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back