Mapping "Zahara de la Sierra" (new GT6 track)

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 2,570 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
They said february, so there has definitely been a delay.
"They" is the community not the Dev's. I don't remember PD ever saying there was a track coming in February. I remember a coming soon along with a tease of a track with the newly released Toyota FT1.

Who said February? Link?

Originally, this video, which many of the Zahara 'announcements' linked to (Gamefaqs for example), claimed the track would be released in late-February (25th or so if I remember correctly). Once it was clear that wasn't happening, "February" became "Coming Soon" in the video title, you can skim through the video comments, take note of the dates they were made, and piece together the change in people going from optimistic to 'what the hell PD'.

But if you don't believe that, here's GTPlanet's own announcement on it, stating we'd at least 'learn' more in Feb.

They haven't directly talked about, or referenced it since, 4+ months of PD avoiding confrontation (i.e. letting us know what was going on, where things/features are, etc).

May = Speculation.

Subaru and Alfa VGT's are in car database, so is Zahara in track database. July's almost over so no more updates, this means that we may get all this stuff in August.

May = Speculation.

Subaru and Alfa VGT's are in car database, so is Zahara in track database. July's almost over so no more updates, this means that we may get all this stuff in August.

I know very well what "may" means. However, what I was asking you for, was the "source" (point of origination) of this speculation. And for a "link" (web address/hyperlink) to where one can go to view this speculated information for themselves.

I've heard this info myself through "word of mouth" (forum conversation), however it wasn't directly "from the horses mouth".

Your celebratory nature gave me the impression that maybe your sources were more direct and/or you knew more about it than I. I apologize for any misinterpretation/misunderstanding.

I know very well what "may" means. However, what I was asking you for, was the "source" (point of origination) of this speculation. And for a "link" (web address/hyperlink) to where one can go to view this speculated information for themselves.

I've heard this info myself through "word of mouth" (forum conversation), however it wasn't directly "from the horses mouth".

Your celebratory nature gave me the impression that maybe your sources were more direct and/or you knew more about it than I. I apologize for any misinterpretation/misunderstanding.
Save this to your bookmarks:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=725281&page=147

Wax Free Vanilla comes up with a lot of the stuff hidden in the game.

Save this to your bookmarks:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=725281&page=147

Wax Free Vanilla comes up with a lot of the stuff hidden in the game.
Pretty much what Johnny posted, that's the source.

Pretty much what Johnny posted, that's the source.

You_don_t_say.jpeg

Thanks JP.

Okay, so here's a thought.

Since Zahara is going to be quite a long circuit, doubtless with many many turns, all of which we'll be collectively learning together, at about the same time... perhaps a co-ordinated corner naming effort should be undertaken?

I wonder why the track is called "Circuito de la Sierra" in GT6. Is it due to licensing issues?

I wonder why the track is called "Circuito de la Sierra" in GT6. Is it due to licensing issues?
Circuito de Zahara de la Sierra is too long, and Circuito de la Zahara doesn't sound as good as Circuito de la Sierra.

"Zahara de la Sierra is municipality in the province of Cádiz in the hills of Andalusia, southern Spain. It is perched on a mountain, overlooking a valley and a man-made lake formed by the dam that must be driven over to access the town. It is considered to be one of the "pueblos blancos" or "white towns" because the overwhelming majority of the buildings are white.

The castle.

View in the town.
The town was originally a Moorish outpost, overlooking the valley. Due to its position between Ronda and Seville, it was a perfect site for a castle to be built to serve as a fortress in case of attack. The remains of the Moorish castle are still existing. It was ruled by Arabs till 1407. It was recaptured by Emirate of Granada in 1481. This capture gives pretext to Castile war against Gırnata. It was finally captured by Castillean troops under command of Rodrigo Ponce de León, Duke of Cadiz in 1483.

The Garganta Verde canyon is located nearby."

Zahara = City
Sierra = Mountain
Circuito = Circuit (Track ending where it begins)

Considering the track encompasses the landscape around "Zahara" which is just a fraction of the overall track, it makes more sense to name it Circuito de la Sierra. Though, realistically, ANY track created in a Spanish mountain region could be named as such. So Circuito de la Zahara would have been a better name.

BTW, this is not a real race track, and PD already has licensing for the name "Zahara" in GT6. And considering they named a prominent street after Kaz there, I doubt using the name in a fantasy track would be of any issue/concern to the natives. They're actually looking forward to it themselves.

You wanted a source for hype brah.

And I received it from Johnnypenso. Further reconfirmation from you on the subject is undesired and unnecessary. His response is there plain as day. I can see it clearly. In case you don't understand the attached pic, it means "Duh!" You are pointing out the obvious. From the start, for whatever reason, you were trying to belittle my understanding of english vocabulary and approached my question arrogantly, so I don't need any further information from you.

Also, I am neither holding breast, or under a woman's shirt. And as interesting a job it might be, that is not the sole purpose of my existence, so I'd kindly appreciate it if you referred to me simply, as 'Ice'. I am not a "brah".

Thanks.

Edit: And yes, I know that "brah" means "bro" in slang text. I don't need you to explain it for me, thanks.

Last edited:
And I received it from Johnnypenso. Further reconfirmation from you on the subject is undesired and unnecessary. His response is there plain as day. I can see it clearly. In case you don't understand the attached pic, it means "Duh!" You are pointing out the obvious. From the start, for whatever reason, you were trying to belittle me and approached my question arrogantly, so I don't need any further information from you.

JP didn't say that was where sparky got his info from, though. It's funny, because there's no hint of arrogance from sparky in this particular sub-discussion; I can't say the same for your posts, though.

Also, I am neither holding breast, or under a woman's shirt. And as interesting a job it might be, that is not the sole purpose of my existence, so I'd kindly appreciate it if you referred to me simply, as 'Ice'. I am not a "brah".

Thanks.
Just FYI (not being arrogant, or anything), that's not how you say it; I mean, just in case you inexplicably find yourself in the position to attempt to utter it for reals. ;)

JP didn't say that was where sparky got his info from, though. It's funny, because there's no hint of arrogance from sparky in this particular sub-discussion; I can't say the same for your posts, though.

Really? Well Sparky didn't say where he got his info from either. I don't care to debate this.

Just FYI (not being arrogant, or anything), that's not how you say it; I mean, just in case you inexplicably find yourself in the position to attempt to utter it for reals. ;)

In American slang (some places like Cali, NY, etc.) it is exactly how you say it.

Last edited by a moderator:

In American slang (some places like Cali, NY, etc.) it is exactly how you say it.

Well, I don't get on with American English "phonetic" spellings at the best of times. The word usually sounds more like a "bruh" to me, but then I'm not a native, and I don't often hear it anyway. Either that or you guys say "bra[ssiere]" really weirdly. :P

Well, I don't get on with American English "phonetic" spellings at the best of times. The word usually sounds more like a "bruh" to me, but then I'm not a native, and I don't often hear it anyway. Either that or you guys say "bra[ssiere]" really weirdly. :P

Bro, brah, bruh, broh, they all work the same. There are many ways to "slang" a word, and new ones trend regularly. We turnt up, gettin' crunk. Ya smell meh?

Bro, brah, bruh, broh, they all work the same. There are many ways to "slang" a word, and new ones trend regularly. We turnt up, gettin' crunk. Ya smell meh?
And yet you assumed it was intended in just one of those many ways, despite the Venezuelan flag (whatever that may indicate in this instance, it should at least give pause for thought). Then you patronised with the whole bra thing, and requested not to be patronised back ("I know it means bro, bra") - I'm not sure what your examples above were meant to prove, either, I know how languages evolve. Anyway, enough.

Ah, the fabled North American "producer", bless him. I mean, it's not like SCEA to throw caution to the wind and big everything up, is it?

The post you quoted said developer, by the way, which may be a technicality here, but, you know, it wasn't Kaz (who still probably regrets some of his more "enthusiastic" comments in hindsight, I'm sure!). I wouldn't trust SCEA as far as I can leverage their synergistic deliverables. But Taku's OK, really; he just got the wrong info here, I think. I believed him. Sort of.

Maybe they thought the expected course maker throughput, e.g. via the community features, would count, given the delay. :D
Off Topic (ha!), but there's a similar one showing over here. I prefer our tagline, though. :dopey:

Last edited:
And yet you assumed it was intended in just one of those many ways, despite the Venezuelan flag (whatever that may indicate in this instance, it should at least give pause for thought). Then you patronised with the whole bra thing, and requested not to be patronised back ("I know it means bro, bra") - I'm not sure what your examples above were meant to prove, either, I know how languages evolve. Anyway, enough.

I know nothing of the Venezuella flag, or what significance it has pertaining to this discussion. The examples above were simply meant to prove that regardless of how it's said, the meaning is the same. I was on the defense with Sparky because I felt he was being condesending towards me. I was mistaken. This is pointless. it was ended already. But yes, "enough". Because you said so :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
I gathered!

I guess it's common knowledge of what "brah" has to do with the Venezuelan flag? Care to enlighten me? Since you insisted on using it in your argument?

More so, how would it correlate to him saying "You wanted a source for hype brah"? In what way could a flag possibly be relevant to that statement?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back