Mario Kart 8

• Thread starter Brend
  • 1,093 comments
The amount of complaining I've seen for the DLC is ridiculous. People obviously don't see the coolness factor of having the W25 and the SL300. :lol:

Well to be fair, Mario has never done realism so it is not the same old thing for them and they were likely hoping for another cartoony car.

Personally, I want to see more of Karts based of real cars. Seeing the W25 is fantastic :).

I can't wait to see my W/L Ratio...better work backwards rather than just starting from a fresh 0-0.

For those who watch/watched Initial D, I made a Takumi mii to use online(since I love drifting), if anyone wants the QR code just ask. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140811_011610.jpg
    IMG_20140811_011610.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • char_51290.jpg
    char_51290.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 5
That's me up to 7000 VR, also finally passed triple digit play-time. Having spent 103 hours in the game I think I've got my monies worth. :lol:

Taking an extended break from Mario Kart 8, or at least toning down how much I play, getting to 'that' point where you just get sick and tired of the OP item system.

Especially in MK8 since 'lol, coins'. :(

I'm at 1200. :lol:

Scratch that, make it 1400. :P

I'm finding the early stages of online races a bit... easy. I've probably won 90% of races I've entered and I'd love to race with much faster guys so I can really see how I stand. *cough* @Classic *cough*

Single and Local Player is actually pretty balanced and skilled with the little MK Luck Sprinkles. Coins do prevent the guy leading to lead for the rest of the race, which I really like. Whenever that happens it is impossible to catch up, since the items you throw will be blocked and when you do get near or overtake them you get hit by their held item. Also, I found out that you get Coins more commonly when you are far away from 2nd so when you get hit you can get them back or still in the lead.

@Doodle I have been doing 1vs1 with the better drivers on my friends list for quite a while, if that sounds like something you'd be interested in let me know. ;) If you want a conventional race, I'll see if I can get over my moany nature right now. :P

So, the Mercedes DLC cannot be used online. This is a big bummer for me, as it's the only kind of appeal left in the game right now(in my experience, anyway).

Hopefully, it is only for the time being until the Mercedes Cup has ended. Though I can't go online anyway so this doesn't bother me :P.

Mario-Kart-8-leak-5.jpg

Mario-Kart-8-leak-4.jpg

Mario-Kart-8-leak-3.jpg

Mario-Kart-8-leak-2.jpg

Mario-Kart-8-leak-1.jpg

And if Nintendo hadn't already won my heart with these upcoming DLCs...

Bv_yfhiIUAEeKfr.jpg

THEY ARE ACTUALLY ADDING ISABELLE. SERIOUSLY.

Upcoming we have 2 packs:

F-ZeroxZelda:
4 characters, 8 tracks, 5 karts

coming in November.

Then in May 2015...

Animal CrossingxClassics pack...with the same listing.

Great! I still wish Pikachu was in but this is still awesome. I'm glad they aren't over flooding it with other series characters. I'd still like it to keep being Mario.

Also, I get to play as Dry Bowser again :D (Sure he is a clone but he is my favourite clone).

Last edited:
I already tried it. The Karts a great but I don't know how to get the map on the screen?
What kind of stats do they have?

Version 2.0:

• Displays an in-game shop menu on the main start screen, which will take you through what’s included in the new DLC packs arriving November this year and May 2015.
  • The in-game shop menu will also give you access to the Mercedes free downloadable content, if you haven’t already downloaded it from the eShop.
  • Displays statistics on the main start page, giving players access to the number of coins they’ve collected, win-loss record play, favourite courses and characters, number of boosts and super boosts, etc.
  • Adds the ability to display an on-screen TV map both on the main TV screen and on the GamePad for off-TV play. To enable this feature simply press the select button (or (-) minus button) on your chosen controller.
  • Changes the default menu option after a race to select “Next Race” with the “Watch Highlight Reel” following after.
  • Enables a system memory function – even when your Wii U is powered down – in order to save your favoured vehicle customisation.
  • Increases the maximum player race or battle rating to 99,999 from 9,999.
  • Improves stability for online races and battles, as well a number of other fixes for overall player enjoyment.
  • Mercedes DLC pack adds three vehicles, including the Mercedes-Benz GLA, 300 SL Roadster and the Silver Arrow.

Try the minus button, @RESHIRAM5

Last edited:
Wow!! Nintendo isn't kidding around. :)

I started a second job this week and lost track of the date. I am now officially back into this game, going to go update now. 👍

Back