Mario Kart 8

• Thread starter Brend
  • 1,093 comments
Hmmm, Nintendo's net code has always been dodgy...tried picking up a Powerline adaptor and a LAN adaptor? That's what I use.

- I didn't know you could hit 2 people with one green shell, just done this. :D

We have it in our router.

It is kinda funny when, I asked my parents to help me with the router during MK7 days they said because they didn't want to result to firewall breaking though now, I checked the settings and the Firewall has been off the whole time :lol:.

I think lets just say my router is alive and has something against Nintendo besides Pokemon.

Nice review but I disagree with you on the items. I do miss the Mega Mushroom but POW was just annoying and the clone item box was absolutely worthless and the Green Shells aren't really that OP (in my opinion), maybe because I'm much more cautious when driving.

My main problem is the repetitiveness of 8 cups and 4 classes that started in Mario Kart DS. It gets pretty tiresome. I would like more tracks both Retro and New and either replace Mirror with/or include a class where we race on tracks backwards (I would love an uphill race on Mount Wario) of course the tracks have to be edited to make backwards racing possible but I think Nintendo can do it.

I would personally love Skate Boarding in the game with them having better tricks and trick boost than the other vehicles only for them to only have Blue Drift (and in anti-gravity they look like Hover Boards :D).

Last edited:
@RESHIRAM5 once you get to play online you will understand the Green Shell argument, it can be a total bollocking when trying to drive with 7 green shells forever ricocheting everywhere. Offline I didn't find it a problem either. Did everyone see this? The first hack has arrived, it's already been patched in the 5.0.0 firmware update but I truly hope it isn't used to wreck online play.

Guess so. I know that MarioPartyTV had a huge problem with Green Shells offline:

I don't think there is any chance I can go online anyway so I'll never see the Green Shell troubles.

Anyway, has anyone did Banannas only races, they can be completely chaotic and is really a test of evading skills.

Had some phenomenal runs online tonight, just had one of those nights where the drifts just flow. :lol:

once again with Nate.

Almost did a 2:13 Dead at Rainbow Road.

I decided to cancel the weekly Time Trials until further notice, I seem to be the only one participating so I don't see they point of continuing.

Last edited:
I really need to get back to time trialing. :lol: Just not had the time with other commitments and how much I have been playing online when I do have spare time.

My VR is 5046 now. :D

I seen the Rainbow Road times the other day, not bad at all! Suppose I will have to get back to it at some point. :D

I'm pretty proud of myself especially since I didn't use the combo with Highest Top Speed and no Fire Hopping.

I prefer to have a comfy set-up(probably like yourself) over the speed combos, just too easy to make mistakes and it's not very...fun?

Same goes for fire-hopping.

With, Fire hopping, I am against it because it is a plain exploit and to me exploit = cheating. Also it makes it unbalanced since some vehicles can't do the exploit as well as it makes the Mini-turbo stat practically worthless.

I personally hate it when people defend fire-hopping because it requires skill. I wouldn't care if Fire-Hopping was a way to get rid of justin bieber. It is not intentional so it is an exploit and when you are exploiting it, you are cheating, plain and simple no matter if it requires skill or luck.

Sorry for double post but I was able to get a good gameplay screenshot:
WiiU_screenshot_TV_010ED.jpg

Me with my favourite character on my favourite track using my favourite vehicle combo.

With, Fire hopping, I am against it because it is a plain exploit and to me exploit = cheating. Also it makes it unbalanced since some vehicles can't do the exploit as well as it makes the Mini-turbo stat practically worthless.

I personally hate it when people defend fire-hopping because it requires skill. I wouldn't care if Fire-Hopping was a way to get rid of justin bieber. It is not intentional so it is an exploit and when you are exploiting it, you are cheating, plain and simple no matter if it requires skill or luck.
If it was a room with only fire-hoppers I think it would be very exciting to watch/race in, but when you are using it to gain a clear advantage over those who can't it's just plan wrong in my opinion.

Likewise for 'snaking' on MKDS.

When I learned how to snake in F-Zero GX it basically killed the fun of racing in that game. It's so advantageous that you feel like you're not even trying if you play normally, but it's not fun to do anyway.

Last edited:
Nice time man, I spent about 15 minutes doing TTs for the first time in ages yesterday. :D Managed 1 13.5 so I'll get there...or not. :P

I drift too much.

Oh, by the way. I found that Bananas only races are even more chaotic if you bring friends and set the A.I on easy. SO MANY BANANAS!!!

Was in a room with 8000+ VR racers, every one of them from Japan. It was insane!

How much play-time does everyone have? I'm at 83 hours currently.

Was in a room with 8000+ VR racers, every one of them from Japan. It was insane!

How much play-time does everyone have? I'm at 83 hours currently.
I got 100+ Hours in the game.

Also I now got in the 11s in Rainbow Road :P.

What's everyone's best time at Water Park? I'm at 1:50.439, 8 seconds off the world record but I'm using a bike so I can't fire hop or anything like that.

Yep. It can get frustrating getting 10 points for 1st but losing 20 for being 10th. Maybe I should look for 150cc rooms, surely those people would have higher VR's than a normal room. Also I've found that entering random tournaments are good for both trying out new combo's and just relaxing (no worrying about losing points).

This might shock you guys, but I had no idea you could restrict what rooms you can go in. :lol: What kind of options can you tweak?

Yeah I have no idea either, could you elaborate on how please @Mega Umbreon?

Stupid double post...

We don't fire hop either even if we use Karts.

Anyway, I haven't put a lot of effort in Water Park. Most of my TT effort came from N64 Rainbow Road.

I honestly don't mind the fire hopping. Yes, it's a physics exploit, but sometimes you just gotta adapt and learn, just like snaking in Mario Kart DS. But even with that I still feel more comfortable in a bike.

Back