MAX PAYNE.. where art thou?

Great, thanks for throwing that out there. :rolleyes:

If you want some more helpful input, here's an article I found after typing 'Max Payne 4' into Google, it's from a site about Korean TV dramas but I'm sure it's reliable as a gaming news site:

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/50009/20141104/max-payne-4-ps4-xbox-one-pc.htm

Highlights, in case you have a policy of also not clicking links in addition to not using a search engine so well-known that it has become a genericised trademark, a verb and the company that owns it could conceivably run the entire world in 50 years, include:

- This image from 'Facebook':
max-payne-4.jpg

- Mention of a 'report' from Cyberland, whatever that is (no links or references given), that confirms that Rockstar are working on Max Payne 4 and it'll 'premiere' the Rage engine for next generation consoles - even though GTA V (which uses Rage) already had a confirmed release date - two weeks after the date of this article - long before it was published.

- A 'winter 2014' release date for a Max Payne 3 re-release on PS4 and Xbox One (note: that didn't happen)

- This 'theory' from the well-known and reputable GamingBolt that supports Cyberland's 'report' that Max Payne 4 might be in development:

The most obvious story choice would be to deliver a son unto Max. Call it a long-last reunion from one of his many flings - perhaps proof that not every encounter has ends in the death of those he loves. Fresh from his resolution - and maybe having this son of his be an adult already, one involved in law enforcement - Max takes it upon himself to do well by his son. It's also possible to have Max simply join a small outfit somewhere where he thinks he can lay low and live the rest of his days in peace - only to be called back to violence in order to protect the ideals of justice.

I also found the official Max Payne 4 site, a very similar article from a K-Pop fan site which also lacks any links to the Cyberland 'report' and the GamingBolt theory article which puzzlingly features a screenshot of Michael from GTA V, as if they were unaware that he's not Max Payne.

I gleaned all that stunningly informative and helpful content from about 20 seconds spent typing 'Max Payne 4' into Google's search engine, most of those seconds spent waiting for my laptop to turn on after I opened the lid.

TL, DR: No.

If you want some more helpful input, here's an article I found after typing 'Max Payne 4' into Google, it's from a site about Korean TV dramas but I'm sure it's reliable as a gaming news site:

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/50009/20141104/max-payne-4-ps4-xbox-one-pc.htm

Highlights, in case you have a policy of also not clicking links in addition to not using a search engine so well-known that it has become a genericised trademark, a verb and the company that owns it could conceivably run the entire world in 50 years, include:

- This image from 'Facebook':
max-payne-4.jpg

- Mention of a 'report' from Cyberland, whatever that is (no links or references given), that confirms that Rockstar are working on Max Payne 4 and it'll 'premiere' the Rage engine for next generation consoles - even though GTA V (which uses Rage) already had a confirmed release date - two weeks after the date of this article - long before it was published.

- A 'winter 2014' release date for a Max Payne 3 re-release on PS4 and Xbox One (note: that didn't happen)

- This 'theory' from the well-known and reputable GamingBolt that supports Cyberland's 'report' that Max Payne 4 might be in development:

I also found the official Max Payne 4 site, a very similar article from a K-Pop fan site which also lacks any links to the Cyberland 'report' and the GamingBolt theory article which puzzlingly features a screenshot of Michael from GTA V, as if they were unaware that he's not Max Payne.

I gleaned all that stunningly informative and helpful content from about 20 seconds spent typing 'Max Payne 4' into Google's search engine, most of those seconds spent waiting for my laptop to turn on after I opened the lid.

TL, DR: No.
I hate to waste the time you spent using google, but that 4 looks photoshopped to me. Not the same style as the MAX PAYNE

Well, thanks for that. Was just feeling lazy I suppose. Plus hearing opinions and thoughts of fellow gamers is far more interesting that just Googling it up.

Well, thanks for that. Was just feeling lazy I suppose. Plus hearing opinions and thoughts of fellow gamers is far more interesting that just Googling it up.

I didn't realise you wanted opinions or thoughts because you made no mention of anything of the sort, even after my initial sarcastic reply that was meant as a nudge to get you to say something useful. Eight words in two sentences isn't much for anyone to go on, I thought that was obvious which is why I thought you were taking the mickey starting a thread to just ask a question that could've just been Googled.

But anyway:

I love Max Payne games, the first two were great (and still are, I played through both of them last year) but pretty difficult - though quicksave/load on PC made the game somewhat possible, the PS2 versions were really, really difficult - and I really wasn't sold on the storyline; I get that it was supposed to be like a comic book in plot as much as the aesthetic, I just didn't pay much attention to it and instead used it as a sort of loose reason to go shoot a load of thugs. Which is fine because that part was fun.

Max Payne 3 really put me off at first with the incessant cutscenes that you couldn't skip, but by the time I'd played as far as New Jersey I completely changed my mind; the bit in the bar with the crime lord's son and the escape after that was brilliant, the feel of the shooting and bullet time mechanics were great, the writing was something else too ("I had a hole in my second-favourite drinking arm" was an obvious highlight). In the end I think I did everything there was to do in the singleplayer mode, never touched multiplayer but then again it was dead by the time I got it on my PC so whatever. The graphics are amazing, too:

204100_screenshots_2012-11-27_00001.jpg

While I'd like to play more of a game similar to this, I'm not sure I'd want to play as Max again. Maybe a prequel spin-off with Mona Sax or Raul Passos would be good, if difficult to work in to the series (given that it's called "Max Payne..."), maybe a different story entirely, but something noir with shooting as good as in Max Payne 3 would be great. That theory I posted before about Max having a son would be absolutely awful though, let's be honest, who would the mother be? Every woman Max got involved with ended up dead, that's kind of his 'thing', as depressing as that is - having a son would be too contrived. Also, I think he's too old for it to be believable any more (like Solid Snake and John McClane) so if it's another game with Max as the protagonist it'd have to be a prequel to 3 set after 2, then it'd have to deal with bridging the gap between the Valkyr thing (wait, was that still in MP2?) and Max as an alcoholic, the conflict in the tone of the two games would probably be an issue. Besides, I think Max Payne 3 put the whole thing to bed nicely enough so in my opinion that storyline should just be left alone now in case the next game is a Kojima-grade web of retcons and tenuous connections.

I don't really know what else they could do with the series. Maybe more filling in of the timeline between New Jersey and South America?

I didn't realise you wanted opinions or thoughts because you made no mention of anything of the sort, even after my initial sarcastic reply that was meant as a nudge to get you to say something useful. Eight words in two sentences isn't much for anyone to go on, I thought that was obvious which is why I thought you were taking the mickey starting a thread to just ask a question that could've just been Googled.

But anyway:

I love Max Payne games, the first two were great (and still are, I played through both of them last year) but pretty difficult - though quicksave/load on PC made the game somewhat possible, the PS2 versions were really, really difficult - and I really wasn't sold on the storyline; I get that it was supposed to be like a comic book in plot as much as the aesthetic, I just didn't pay much attention to it and instead used it as a sort of loose reason to go shoot a load of thugs. Which is fine because that part was fun.

Max Payne 3 really put me off at first with the incessant cutscenes that you couldn't skip, but by the time I'd played as far as New Jersey I completely changed my mind; the bit in the bar with the crime lord's son and the escape after that was brilliant, the feel of the shooting and bullet time mechanics were great, the writing was something else too ("I had a hole in my second-favourite drinking arm" was an obvious highlight). In the end I think I did everything there was to do in the singleplayer mode, never touched multiplayer but then again it was dead by the time I got it on my PC so whatever. The graphics are amazing, too:

View attachment 298676

While I'd like to play more of a game similar to this, I'm not sure I'd want to play as Max again. Maybe a prequel spin-off with Mona Sax or Raul Passos would be good, if difficult to work in to the series (given that it's called "Max Payne..."), maybe a different story entirely, but something noir with shooting as good as in Max Payne 3 would be great. That theory I posted before about Max having a son would be absolutely awful though, let's be honest, who would the mother be? Every woman Max got involved with ended up dead, that's kind of his 'thing', as depressing as that is - having a son would be too contrived. Also, I think he's too old for it to be believable any more (like Solid Snake and John McClane) so if it's another game with Max as the protagonist it'd have to be a prequel to 3 set after 2, then it'd have to deal with bridging the gap between the Valkyr thing (wait, was that still in MP2?) and Max as an alcoholic, the conflict in the tone of the two games would probably be an issue. Besides, I think Max Payne 3 put the whole thing to bed nicely enough so in my opinion that storyline should just be left alone now in case the next game is a Kojima-grade web of retcons and tenuous connections.

I don't really know what else they could do with the series. Maybe more filling in of the timeline between New Jersey and South America?
Speaking of R* Games and reboots I would love a new LA Noire. Maybe set it in New York or San Fran in the 70's

Speaking of R* Games and reboots I would love a new LA Noire. Maybe set it in New York or San Fran in the 70's

Yeah, a Rockstar-developed San Fran Noire/Muscle Car Stunt Simulator 2017 would be great. Have you watched Bullitt recently or something?

Yeah, a Rockstar-developed San Fran Noire/Muscle Car Stunt Simulator 2017 would be great. Have you watched Bullitt recently or something?
Not recently but I want that or a new Driver game (That doesn't suck, DRIV3R).

Latest Posts

Back