Memories of Crash Bandicoot

They're all non-real characters :P

They are more real than non real animal thing :sly:

But seriously i liked games with people/humans/man and woman rather the dragons like spyro and lizards like geck, and thing's like Bandicoot.

If sony ever decide to release HD version + 3D maybe then ill play them :)

During the time when literally everyone played Crash Bandicoot and gather those apples i didn't! I was more interested in games featured real characters like Solid Snake and Gabe Logan, Lara Croft and Chris Redfield.

I was never interested in some red fox or whatever that creature was. Imagine my happiness when Naughty Dog announced Uncharted and Nathan Drake :sly: Finally red thing was killed. :sly:
If you don't even play the game, why do you even bother coming on here? :rolleyes:
They are more real than non real animal thing :sly:

But seriously i liked games with people/humans/man and woman rather the dragons like spyro and lizards like geck, and thing's like Bandicoot.

If sony ever decide to release HD version + 3D maybe then ill play them :)
Seriously, if you ain't a Crash fan, stay off this thread.;)
Dat Wumpa Fruit Bazooka.
Wrath of Cortex right?:sly:
I loved those games as a kid. I've got a lot of fond memories of the series, especially of Crash Bandicoot 2, which was basically my first PlayStation game! Loved it to death and played it quite a lot.

But I probably wasted even more time with Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped! and Crash Team Racing. Me and my buddies used to play it every time when someone came over to my house. Ah, good times, good times.
Me and my cousin used to play crash games alot too! I remember my brother playing Crash Bash at his house years ago. I also remember in Spyro Year of the Dragon, if you entered a certain code at the title screen, you got to play a demo of it.:drool:

it's easy to pick up but not entirely braindead easy.
True. It took me awhile when i was younger to figure out Crash Bandicoot 2 because there were somethings i didn't understand right away, like the gems for example.
Epic thread bump.
Well thank you!:) :lol: I felt like this thread needed alittle something.:sly:
Eks
I remember I was playing it while we were getting hit by Hurricane Isabel back in '03. While everyone was shocked and scared at the howling winds, I was only worried about collecting the big colered gems :P

But yeah, my favorite memory has to be playing Crash 2 during that hurricane, I didn't have a care for trees falling down, just me and those crystals, gems, and relics :D:tup:
Wow you certainly have focus!:lol: I think you got it confused with something else because Crash Bandicoot 2 didn't have relics.

I see ya'll seem to like Crash Team Racing alot, must have been a big hit. Apparently i was missing out back in the days because i didn't have it when i was younger. I got it a few years ago but i never got into it since i had a PS2 and a bunch of games i liked. I wish i had gotten it back in the days.:indiff:

Last edited:
I see ya'll seem to like Crash Team Racing alot, must have been a big hit. Apparently i was missing out back in the days because i didn't have it when i was younger. I got it a few years ago but i never got into it since i had a PS2 and a bunch of games i liked. I wish i had gotten it back in the days.:indiff:

You can still buy it from the PS Store for £3.99 ($6.00). It really is something worth playing, since you missed out.

Back in the days before internet guides and youtube existed or were prominent working out how to get some of the coloured gems was really tricky. I think I finally found out how to from a magazine that printed cheats and tips every now and again. Or sometimes you got a magazine with a free book full of them. Ah, those were the days. I think I even had a whole guide book for GT2 that came with one magazine, probably PLAY.

You can still buy it from the PS Store for £3.99 ($6.00). It really is something worth playing, since you missed out.
I don't doubt it, any crash game is worth playing to me.:dopey: I have the game, now all thats left to do is play it.:D
Back in the days before internet guides and youtube existed or were prominent working out how to get some of the coloured gems was really tricky. I think I finally found out how to from a magazine that printed cheats and tips every now and again. Or sometimes you got a magazine with a free book full of them. Ah, those were the days. I think I even had a whole guide book for GT2 that came with one magazine, probably PLAY.
Wow that must have been awesome!:drool: I do remember there was an advertisement for the official strategy guide inside the case for the game.;) When i was younger i wanted it so badly.:drool:

I remember pre-ordering my PSX, well my mum did back then, and I was one of the first to play it in my school. I was proper exited, words cannot express how exited I was for this system, I had lots of gaming experience, NES and SNES, Commodore 64, Mega Drive, Amstrad, but this system was massive and everyone knew it. My PS1 came with Crash Bandicoot and Demo 1. I remember Demo 1 incredibly well, Abe's odyssey, lifeforce tenka, hurcules, Porsche challenge, overboard, to name but a few, but Crash Bandicoot was the first disk based games I ever owned, and it was immense.

My mates came round for weeks just to play this game, because they didn't have it. Some of my best days of my childhood have this game at its centre.

In short, it was awesome. It kick started a little known developer, and look what they have accomplished now. If platform games were made along these lines these days, FPS would not be the biggest genre.

I absolutely LOVE Crash Bandicoot!

Crash Bandicoot: Classic
Crash 2: Excelent
Crash Warped: Same as Crash 2
Wrath of Cortex: Ok
Everything after that: What happened!

@Sonygamer
Are you sure it didn't have relics? I could've swore that I remember seeing them in the pause menu.

Yeah Crash 3 was the first one with relics.

Another thing I really liked about these games and the platformers before them is that even as an adult they're not easy. Not to get 100% anyway, the latter levels can get really tricky. Nowadays gamers are given it all too easy.

No kidding, I was playing Crash Bandicoot 2 recently and you get on to the 3rd or 4th level in the warp room, thats were it gets challenging.;) Don't even get me started about the gem paths.:scared:

Crash Bandicoot is fantastic. CTR is the ultimate CB game for me. What a game!

No kidding, I was playing Crash Bandicoot 2 recently and you get on to the 3rd or 4th level in the warp room, thats were it gets challenging.;) Don't even get me started about the gem paths.:scared:

Indeed, I seem to remember one gem path that was basically top to bottom nitro crates. As a kid they were frustrating but as an adult they're still no walk in the park. It's the same with older platformers, play old mario or Donkey Kong platformers now, they're still very hard in places. Donkey Kong in particular, some of the later levels are frustratingly difficult.

Indeed, I seem to remember one gem path that was basically top to bottom nitro crates. As a kid they were frustrating but as an adult they're still no walk in the park.

Oh yes, the colored gem paths were hard but I loved the feeling of accomplishment when I finally beat them. In fact, I think they were the hardest part of the game for me. (Next to collecting all crates for silver gem)

I loved the PS1 Crash games. CTR is amazing, and Warped/CB3 is nearly as good. Same with Spyro, year of the dragon was awesome. I loved Crash Bash when I was 8, but I played it again last summer when I found my PS1 games, and it's really bad.

Last edited:
Another thing I really liked about these games and the platformers before them is that even as an adult they're not easy. Not to get 100% anyway, the latter levels can get really tricky. Nowadays gamers are given it all too easy.

I totally agree. Nothing is too hard these days. You could struggle for days and days just to achieve something on older games on the old platforms. Nowadays, however, everything is handed to you on a plate. There are endless amounts of guides and help when a few years back, if you couldn't find a way through, you were on you're own. The best way to be, in my opinion.

I loved Crash Bash when I was 8, but I played it again last summer when I found my PS1 games, and it's really bad.

Everyone I know says Crash Bash was bad, but I don't think it was. I really, really enjoyed it. Maybe that's just memory playing up on me. It's a shame that it's not up for download via the store though, unlike the others. I'd love to give it another go.

I also had a lot of fun with Crash Bash, I have to admit that it's a poor man's Mario Party though. :D I was a HUGE Crash Bandicoot fan in the past, Crash Team Racing was the first game I got 100% on (I was 10 back then). I think the last proper Crash game was Wrath of Cortex. Yes, it wasn't a Naughty Dog game, yes, it had horrible load times, yes, the PS2 got loud because it was on CD and yes, it wasn't as good as Warped, BUT it still used the original formula, it had really good graphics, it still captured the atmosphere really well and the Coco gameplay was refreshing.

I think the last proper Crash game was Wrath of Cortex. Yes, it wasn't a Naughty Dog game, yes, it had horrible load times, yes, the PS2 got loud because it was on CD and yes, it wasn't as good as Warped, BUT it still used the original formula, it had really good graphics, it still captured the atmosphere really well and the Coco gameplay was refreshing.

Well, I liked Crash Twinsanity. That was the last Crash I enjoyed. I liked the idea they had with the open-world thing. Other than that, though, I agree 👍
Wrath of Cortex is probably my 3rd favorite Crash Game, the super powers were pretty cool. Wasn't it also the last Crash game to use the old level layouts? (5 worlds per area, boss level at the end of each area, etc.)

I think it was. I only played some demos of the games that followed and didn't like them at all. Jeez, Crash Nitro Kart was such a disappointment.

Indeed, I seem to remember one gem path that was basically top to bottom nitro crates. As a kid they were frustrating but as an adult they're still no walk in the park. It's the same with older platformers, play old mario or Donkey Kong platformers now, they're still very hard in places. Donkey Kong in particular, some of the later levels are frustratingly difficult.
Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii carries this philosophy well.

Anyway Crash Bandicoot might be making a return soon and hopefully it is good as the ones made by Naughty Dog. Link

Last edited:
Looks like this picture is a fake.
It wouldn't be as good as the old games anyway, no need to hope.

As much as I enjoyed the games, I'd rather just let it die out. It took its course.
I don't want new games to be released and be 10x worse as the recent ones out already which will degrade Crash even more.

Looks very nice but given that it's just made by a fan and it took him about 9 months to create a two minute video I don't think we're going to see a full game any time soon.

Looks very nice but given that it's just made by a fan and it took him about 9 months to create a two minute video I don't think we're going to see a full game any time soon.

I agree, but it would be good.

I would love a HD version. Not a remake, a new game, but with HD graphics.

I guess that's what all Crash fans want, seems Activision aren't so keen. Hopefully he is properly revived on the next generation.

If they are going to make a new one, it's ether Naugty Dog or nothing. All other companies are just going to screw it up in my opinion.

By the way I noticed they have Crash Bandicoot 3 on PSN and im thinking about getting it.;) Should I?:)

Back