Memories of Crash Bandicoot

It's nothing then, Naughty Dog aren't going to go back to Crash, they sold the rights off years ago and Activision have it now.

You should get all of the Crash games from PSN, definitely Crash Team Racing.

Oh dummy me, I forgot they were owned by Activison.:dunce: My bad. Well that changes things, I have seen Activision's games before and they are pretty good.👍 Im sure if they let them do it like they always did it will be good.👍

As for Crash 3, I think I will.;) I haven't been disappointed by any Crash games yet.👍 I already own Crash Team Racing, all I have to do is pop it into my PS3 and im good to go.👍

I was in town last weekend and walked past a charity shop window which had some DVDs, PS2 and PS1 games and the cover of Crash Team Racing caught my eye so I had to go in and buy it. Probably the best £2 I've spent on a game!

Fired it up when I got home and the memories came flooding back and I was even humming the theme tune to myself! I've now gone as far as having the theme tunes on my iPod! My two best memories of Crash were;

1. Getting the first Crash game and about a week later my cousins did too, so me and my dad challenged them to see who would finish the game first. We won it but even today it's still disputed as they unlocked the extra two levels.

2. Finishing Crash Team Racing 100% all by myself when I was only 8 years old.

Since I bought that CTR I've bought an original copy of Crash 3 instead of downloading it.
So now I have all the Naughty Dog Crash games on discs.

I did play the first Crash game on PS2, The Wrath Of Cortex and I loved that game eventhough it wasn't a Naughty Dog game. The loading times were a bit of a joke though. After that game, they just lost the magic. I played Crash Twinsanity and it did nothing for me.

It does sadden me that Activision own Crash now as I don't think he will return unless they sell the rights. Activision are far too 'busy' with COD to even make/fund a new Crash game.
I also think that if a brand new Crash game came out, it wouldn't be the same, it'd be a continuation of the horrible characters and gameplay of the last one. They'll probably do another karting game as well but those have run their course now. I would love a HD remake though. If somehow Rockstar owned Crash Bandicoot it would be awesome! :sly:

Last edited:
I'm making a recreation of Crash Bandicoot 2 in Minecraft on my YouTube channel. You guys should check it out.

I'm currently done with Warp Room 1, almost done with Warp Room 2, and halfway done with Warp Room 3.

TWoC was actually my first game in the series, loved it all the way through. The atmosphere felt brilliant, although I would've liked to fight other bosses too, rather than just Crunch all over again.

Then I'd grab all the PS1 era games and fall in love even further. Such a terrible shame that Naughty Dog stopped making those after CTR, they could've prevented the series from going down the dark path that began after Twinsanity.

I had an idea with my map, I can do a "walkthrough". I can record each level and maybe play the music to go with it. I'll do the levels I've already done though. So, I'll get Turtle Woods done later.

EDIT: Here we go!

Last edited:
I had an idea with my map, I can do a "walkthrough". I can record each level and maybe play the music to go with it. I'll do the levels I've already done though. So, I'll get Turtle Woods done later.

EDIT: Here we go!

Ha! This is so cool :D Looks nice well done 👍

All great games but my favourite by far was Crash Team Racing!!!

Had to deal with just the demo for months (was young and at school then) between me and my best friend we got to like 300ish wins each! We kept score on a piece of paper.
Eventually got the game and played it for months, never owned mario kart as i was always a sega and sony guy so this came out when i could finally appreciate an arcade racer properly. It didn't leave my PS for a long time!!!

So many great memories, great tracks, great power ups, great everything, in fact this topic may just lead me to the psn store after typing this.....

I loved Crash Bandicoot, this and the Spyro games were my favorite platformers as a kid. I remember going over to my aunts house when I was little and playing Crash Bandicoot 2 on her playstation and having a good time with that game. One of my favorite levels was the one where you ride on "Polar" the Polar Bear.

I also spent time renting Crash Bash and playing that game with my friends in the neighborhood. There was also Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped and "The Wrath of Cortex" that I remember enjoying. Ah man, I should go back and play those games this week while I'm on my spring break.

All the bandicoots are on sale for .99 this weekend only.

That's a steal, if that's an offer in EU too anyone should pick up the titles they don't already have. When they switch back to 3.99 each or whatever, you may be able to get the originals cheaper on eBay, which will of course play on your PS3, if not your PS4 =(

I loved Crash Bandicoot, this and the Spyro games were my favorite platformers as a kid.
Croc > Crash > Spyro / Rayman :)

I remember back in '99 when my brother was in the hospital recovering from major surgery,
we got him a TV and a PS1 so he could play the Crash games from his hospital bed.

Croc > Crash > Spyro / Rayman :)
Grumpy-cat-no-5.jpg

I have a feeling that I'm going to be using this meme more often. :lol:

I have a few memories.

Playing CTR before the Power cut off in the 2005 Carlisle floods, playing Twin Sanity to try and complete it before my friends at school, playing Crash 1 at my friends house after a 3 hour exam.

Good memories.

Another Crash game I have had for years, but haven't yet talked about is Crash Bandicoot N-Tranced for the Gameboy Advance. I remember I got the game on Christmas of 2003 and it came with a poster like some games for that system did at the time. (I lost the poster though :() Despite being for the Gameboy Advance, it was actually a great Crash game and I played it a lot.

Memories I have from playing this game:
  • Playing the Island Intro level repeatedly until I had 100 lives. Then my cousin apparently lost a bunch of them and saved. :grumpy: (Haven't earned them back up since)
  • Playing one of the water skiing levels and having a invisible crates and objects glitch.
  • Playing the Fake Crash boss battle repeatedly just for the music. (I can still remember the music very well :lol:)
  • Sitting in my bed and playing it when I wasn't supposed to and then my back hurting afterwards.
Like other Crash Bandicoot games, it's pretty easy at first, but gets much more challenging near the end. The last few levels pack quite a challenge, it took me a while to beat them. Fighting N. Trophy at the end was tedious and repetitive as heck and it's still not something I care to do much again, even now. I absolutely HATED the time trials because they were just difficult to me and I hated they counted towards your progress because I would rather avoid them all together. The time trials for the first few levels were a bit of a stretch to beat as it is and I don't even want to know how difficult the last ones are, it's a challenge for me to beat the last few at all. I still dread them to this day.

I made it to at least 84%, but haven't gotten any farther. It's been that way for at least 12 years now and I still cannot get any further in the game. Luckily I managed to extract the save from the cartridge itself and now I can inject Gameshark codes into it and finally beat it. (So what if it's cheating!)

Long post I know, but their is just so much I can say about this game.

Last edited:
They're being totally remade from the ground up, by Vicarious Visions no less. You might remember them as the developers of the GBA Crash games and Crash Nitro Kart.

They're being totally remade from the ground up, by Vicarious Visions no less. You might remember them as the developers of the GBA Crash games and Crash Nitro Kart.
Hmm, I wasn't a big fan of VV's version of the Crash games (although the GBA games weren't so bad really), but we'll just have to wait and see what they intend to do with the originals. I've got some good memories of the games, don't want them spoiled, you know?

Hmm, I wasn't a big fan of VV's version of the Crash games (although the GBA games weren't so bad really), but we'll just have to wait and see what they intend to do with the originals. I've got some good memories of the games, don't want them spoiled, you know?

I'm not worried at all. If anything, the biggest problem with VV's Crash games was always that they were too close to Naughty Dog's games, afraid to stray away from the source material.

Incidentally, Crash Nitro Kart saw the return of Charles Zembillas and Joe Pearson, the designers who originally created and shaped the world of Crash. It would be fantastic if VV brought them back again for the remakes -- this time around, they'd get proper credit for their work instead of being shafted by Naughty Dog...

Javed Sterritt does a video essay where he targets his text to Activision in an attempt to help them identify the shortcomings of the later-gen Crash Bandicoot titles that the PS1 games were so good at. I quite enjoyed the bit about the art style and technical challenges Naughty Dog had overcome in the 3 games they worked on.

And thanks to this video, I realize now how colourful the first 3 games were for PS1 games.

Wow, it never occurred to me they hacked the Playstation's hardware when making the game. Now that begs the question, how did they get away it?

Interesting video. The only other Crash game I have played through outside the first 3 is Wraith of Cortex, without including the GBA titles. I played through it back in 2007 and seems like I never really touched it again until about 4 years ago. Truthfully, when I played it again, I didn't even remember most of the game despite how much time I invested in it, and I don't usually forget these types of things. While it apparently wasn't the most memorable for me, which is sad, I still thought it was great even if it wasn't as good as the originals. G.T.Ace speaks my mind.
BUT it still used the original formula, it had really good graphics, it still captured the atmosphere really well and the Coco gameplay was refreshing.

Back