Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain

• Thread starter Ddrizle
  • 3,057 comments
I'm super hyped for this...And in other news how about Kojima and Del Toro teaming up for Silent Hill and using Fox Engine?

I already played the P.T. (Playable Trailer) and suffice to say, it's the first scary game that actually made me scared.

For PC? Yes

duvytzoojxe4anuqa3tz.png

Coming to PC eh? Nice, now the PC slave race :P can enjoy the masterpiece that is Kojima's work.

Wonder what mods will come for it.

In other news, we can order the horse to poop and can cause enemy vehicles to spin out. GOTY :bowdown:

I was so reluctant to believe the PC release was actually happening that I convinced myself it wasn't true even after reading the Kotaku article, but it seems it really is happening - or am I hallucinating?

If it really is true, this is great news for me as that's £350 I can put toward a new graphics card. Hopefully the GTX 880 will have been around for a little while after MGS V releases... Also, hopefully we don't get screwed on the release date, but since I no longer have to buy a PS4 I don't mind buying it on PS3 as well to enjoy it from day one. I'm very excited.

And yes, I will be buying my third copy of Ground Zeroes (I bought a copy to use on my brother's PS4 in addition to my PS3 copy) when I can.

Wonder if Phantom Pain has some Oculus tricks? Probably wouldn't fit right for a whole game but some side stuff maybe. Doubtful but I'm sure I read Kojima using the Rift or something long ago.

off topic but I could do with Forza coming to PC, then I can play GT, PC sims and Forza through one wheel like the T300

I went back to GZ after several months with GRID AUTOSPORT. Got the "Pacifist" achievement on the first go, which irked me, because I spent a lot of time trying to earn it last time around.

I'm still trying to get the achievement for no alert statuses in Jamais Vu. It's annoying me - I need a silenced sniper rifle.

I was going to post this a couple of weeks ago, but I sat on it because I was out of town with no internet. Apparently, The Phantom Pain is going to be released sooner than we expected. According to a tweet by Kojima's English language account, he posted a pamphlet of Konami's offerings at Gamescom. However, if you pay attention, you would notice that The Phantom Pain's release window was also displayed. Instead of Spring of 2015, the release date window has changed to Q4 2014, and I think that the move is legit seeing as at Gamescom, he also announced Silent Hills, a reboot of the franchise using the Fox Engine.

I like the MSF logo one. If I get a chance I might buy myself one just in case I do ever end up buying a PS4, even though I tend to dislike console hardware with game-specific stuff like this.

STREAM

Tokyo Game Show TPP Stream in the link. Starts in roughly 2 hours.

What We know so far and Wishlist:

1. The location of the TGS playthrough is NOT going to be in Afghanistan. Odds are good that the demo would share a similar location as the Project Ogre tech demo, Africa.

2. Part of the footage would take place on Mother Base, and that footage would involve Quiet. If you want to spoil part of that portion of the footage now, feel free to watch this teaser analysis done by YongYea:

3. Gamescom gave us fans who were eagle eyed a release window of Q4, 2014. However, that didn't mesh with the one year release window (Early 2015) that we were promised when Ground Zeroes was released. Either way, with this the last gaming convention that we have before either date window, TGS is the perfect time to announce a release date for all regions for the game.

4. Metal Gear Online. Nuff Said.

Last edited:
To sum up the new footage:

Quiet is brought to Mother Base (decked out again like Big Shell). Before the chopper has the chance to land, Quiet jumps out of the plane and in the process turns invisible. When she lands on Mother Base, she slips out of her handcuffs with Diamond Dogs soldiers, dressed like the Ocelot Unit from MGS 3, going in guns ready to shoot her. Once again she turns invisible and the base is alerted with the troops looking for her using Thermal Goggles. Quiet is caught again rather quickly and when the soldiers were ready to off her, Snake stops the execution to take responsibility for her.

New Mission! This time, Snake is taken to Africa to rescue a hostage. Here is the mission highlights:

1. Snake can change camouflage as the mission dictates. In the footage, he started with "Naked" camouflage and later changed into his sneaking suit by way of a supply drop.

2. Snake can climb mountains as if he were traversing around his base. Nothing new, but it goes to show the freedom of movement that the game allows.

3. New Item! Snake shows off the Decoy mine when an attempt to tranq a patrol goes hairy.

4. New Support Buddy! In a proof positive that humans can be support buddies, Quiet was used as a support buddy for this mission.

5. Enemies can shoot down Fulton balloons if conditions are right. In the demo, Snake was spotted when he tried to fulton the hostage by a nearby sniper.

6. Cue firefight to get away and complete the mission. The player controlling the tech demo earned an E Rank.[/spoilers]

I was really hoping that i'd be right with Quiet being Naomi Campbell.

All bets are off, it seems.

I was really hoping that i'd be right with Quiet being Naomi Campbell.

All bets are off, it seems.
I haven't seen the above trailers because I am at work, so apologies for possibly sounding dim-witted, but could he still be a relation?

Back