Midnight Club LA DLC Thread - Car Pack 1 Now Live, Pack 2 April 23rd

• Thread starter Robin
  • 49 comments

Robin

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Midnight Club DLC accidently released on XBL and then pulled.

Apparently the leaked pack is faulty and is not ready for release. It was a 1.2GB download and those few who downloaded it while it was still available got nothing anyway because when you boot the game up none of the new content was there. Anyway MS has pulled it now.

This mess up does however have an upside, the DLC car list was accidently revealed...

This is where is gets tricky... As the leaked DLC was messed up, all the cars and the new part of the map was put into one download and was priced as free. As a result we dont know if the cars listed below (particularly ones under the South Central city expansion) will be free or cost money.

Im guessing car pack 1 and 2 you pay for (kinda rubbish packs) and the south central upgrade with cars is free right (I bloody hope so!).

Range Rover and the CLK Black is in! No Hummers or Escalades though..

Car Pack 1=
‘09 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT,
‘08 Audi S5,
‘08 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG.

Car Pack 2 =
08 Cadillac XLR,
‘08 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X,
‘07 Aston Martin DB9,
‘08 Ducati 1098.

South Central city expansion, Adds South Central, new races, new missions, and these new vehicles:
‘66 Pontiac GTO,
‘63 Buick Riviera,
‘55 Chevy Bel Air,
‘65 Malibu,
‘64 Chevy Impala,
‘70 Chevy Chevelle,
‘08 Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG “Black”,
‘08 Range Rover Supercharged, and a ‘08 Range Rover Sport Supercharged.

If Rockstar end up not giving any of those cars listed above for free it will be a real low blow, especially after this has happened.

Here are some leaked pics of the new South Central area..

getsakeimage.ashx

getsakeimage.ashx

getsakeimage.ashx

Robin.

Last edited:
Thanks, I forgot how short freeway races are, but I'd rather use the muscular 300C, or the very attractive SL65 AMG. I don't even own an S600.:guilty:

Fair enough. I was just suggesting that the races are easier if you're just shoving people out of the way, for which you need something big & heavy!
Midnight Club DLC accidently released on XBL and then pulled.

Apparently the leaked pack is faulty and is not ready for release. It was a 1.2GB download and those few who downloaded it while it was still available got nothing anyway because when you boot the game up none of the new content was there. Anyway MS has pulled it now.

This mess up does however have an upside, the DLC car list was accidently revealed...

This is where is gets tricky... As the leaked DLC was messed up, all the cars and the new part of the map was put into one download and was priced as free. As a result we dont know if the cars listed below (particularly ones under the South Central city expansion) will be free or cost money.

Im guessing car pack 1 and 2 you pay for (kinda rubbish packs) and the south central upgrade with cars is free right (I bloody hope so!).

Range Rover and the CLK Black is in! No Hummers or Escalades though..

Car Pack 1=
‘09 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT,
‘08 Audi S5,
‘08 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG.

Car Pack 2 =
08 Cadillac XLR,
‘08 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X,
‘07 Aston Martin DB9,
‘08 Ducati 1098.

South Central city expansion, Adds South Central, new races, new missions, and these new vehicles:
‘66 Pontiac GTO,
‘63 Buick Riviera,
‘55 Chevy Bel Air,
‘65 Malibu,
‘64 Chevy Impala,
‘70 Chevy Chevelle,
‘08 Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG “Black”,
‘08 Range Rover Supercharged, and a ‘08 Range Rover Sport Supercharged.

If Rockstar end up not giving any of those cars listed above for free it will be a real low blow, especially after this has happened.

Well, Rockstar always said that the map would be free and the cars chargeable.

I'm not sure that either of those cars is particularly worth paying for. I suppose the Range Rovers could be a hoot. I'd be interested to see if they actually had some grip on the beach.

Well, Rockstar always said that the map would be free and the cars chargeable.

Yeah I know but are those particular 8 cars listed under the South central expansion included free? . This could have been Rockstars secret free suprise in addition to the map but MS has blown it.

To be honest MCLA had way less cars than all of its competition so it needs some more free cars.

Robin.

Yeah I know but are those particular 8 cars listed under the South central expansion included free? . This could have been Rockstars secret free suprise in addition to the map but MS has blown it.

To be honest MCLA had way less cars than all of its competition so it needs some more free cars.

Robin.

That would be PERFECT for me, none of the 'car packs' have anything at all that I'd want, the ones in the 'South Central' pack, I would love.

I'm really, really glad there are no Hummers or Escalades. It's a shame the cars I would like are in the Car Packs, as opposed to Dragonistic :(

I would expect to see the added cars in the expansion pack to be free, the others not. If I could persuade my parents that paying through PSN wasn't a hoax, I probably would get the car pack if it was a reasonable price (Under $10?).

Alright, the DLC looks awesome.:dopey: Too bad I really want the Cadillac XLR but have no way of paying for it. If all those other muscle cars are free though I'll be quite happy, quite happy indeed.:D Although they had better increase the no. of cars you can have in your garage, I'd rather not have to see my other cars.:ouch:

Rumours around the web suggest that the DLC will hit this week (properly this time)... still no news about whether we will recieve anything other than the map for free. I want that CLK Black!

Robin.

That's new? I thought I remembered visiting that in-game already...

Robin's theory on which cars will be free and which won't seems logical enough, but that means a grand total of one car I look forward to: CLK Black.

Oh well, that'll do!

Looks interesting, South central sounds good, the expansion is probably on the blocks south of the 101 freeway.

Yeah its odd that nothing have been said about it. When it was released accidently it seemed not all that far from complete so I don't see what there is left to do. Hopefully more time waiting means more content! :)

It's sad, they've probably lost a lot of players now without the extra content. I haven't played MC LA in ages because there wasn't any DLC yet, and I'd done all I could do in the game (All I wanted to do anyway).

The only thing I have left to do is earn the R8. Other then that, I have no other reason to keep playing.

Same here, I think I am at ~95% completed and just a few more things to do to get the R8. So you get the R8 and your done playing? No more reason to play? :sly: Just kidding! I have been jumping back to GT5P since I haven't played in awhile. I just ordered Ferrrari Challenge for $20 and tonite I may play Dirt for the hell of it.

So if we are part of the "Million Dollar" club then when we get the DLC (paid) then we should have "free" access to all cars and upgrades correct?

So if we are part of the "Million Dollar" club then when we get the DLC (paid) then we should have "free" access to all cars and upgrades correct?

I guess so. If there was a way to buy Pre-paid PSN cards here, I would've bought a carpack or something since I got the game about $20 less than retail.

I do hope that after the map expansion update, the garage space would be increased to a point that is enough for keeping at least one of each car available. I can't get why after the one million dollars deal, cars and parts are free to buy but the garage can only keep 30 cars. That's simply ridiculous. :grumpy:

Midnight Club car pack released

Rockstar has just sent word that the first vehicle pack has been released for Midnight Club: Los Angeles for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

MCLA South Central Vehicle Pack 1

We are pleased to announce that the first South Central Vehicle Pack for Midnight Club: Los Angeles is now available on Xbox LIVE and PSN for 240 MS points/$2.99. The pack includes three brand new high-performance vehicles for players to cruise the streets of Los Angeles in, including the luxurious 2008 Audi S5 and 2008 Mercedes-Benz CL 65 AMG, along with the 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT.

Vehicle Pack 2 hitting Xbox LIVE and PSN next Thursday, April 23. Cadillac XLR V, a Lancer Evolution X, an Aston Martin DB9. The second pack will also include a bonus vehicle, a Ducati 1098 motorcycle.

Awesome, only $3? Might purchase both packs then. Where do you buy this from? Can't find it anywhere on the PS Store.

I dunno maybe its only out in the US store today, or maybe you have to purchase it from within the game in some menu.

Back