Might get new stuff 12/24/2014

• Thread starter JER_CREST
  • 310 comments
Don't get your hopes up people. When it comes to stuff like this you shouldn't even be expecting something, just be surprised when it comes. Oh and also.
3963852-9321272590-Uneve.gif
JonTron! He rules along with Egoraptor! :D

I don't want to hype things either but people in this thread seem to be missing the fact that the last update had nothing to do with the seasonals, the seasonals are accessed online as they always were. The download was for the VGT cars and (more so) their videos, plus some minor "fixes" (coughandbreakscough) per usual. That said, chances are it will be one or two more VGT cars. Go on Kaz, give us something really unexpected for the holidays :)

When they stop supporting GT6 and promised features aren't delivered, then you have every right to complain. PD did not give a date on any content that hasn't been released, just that it would be added in an update.
Ok i agree cause i didn't sign a contract when i bought the game for the time the course creator will be out but, come on man i mean how many years have to pass for us to get it, GT 7 is coming you think ill care about a course creator in the end of GT 6 life spam ? I'll be flipping consoles pretty soon .

I don't want to hype things either but people in this thread seem to be missing the fact that the last update had nothing to do with the seasonals, the seasonals are accessed online as they always were. The download was for the VGT cars and (more so) their videos, plus some minor "fixes" (coughandbreakscough) per usual. That said, chances are it will be one or two more VGT cars. Go on Kaz, give us something really unexpected for the holidays :)

Ok then, that sentence should be read by everybody who posts on this thread in the future, to pay attention to that detail. :)

That said, I'd say it is going one more VGT (Mazda) and some minor fixes (and hopefully no more breaks this time). More surprises would be great indeed, not to mention unexpected, but I really doubt that will happen. Realistic expectations tend to do that to you, you know? Two more VGTs? Plausible (Alpine already has data for their car on the game), but unlikely.

There was a dedicated team that took care of GT5 even after GT6 came out. I'm sure it'll be no different with GT6/GT7.

:lol: Very funny how you think you will be supporting GT6 after first GT7 official news come up .

I want to play GT6 and i want it complete before GT7 comes up cause im gonna probably shelve it after that so time is key .:cheers:

Ok, just converting the time to Japan time, I can see a lot of problems for an update.
1. The start of the maintenance is at 10:30am Japan Time, when PD announces a maintenance that has an update in it, it releases at the start at 12:00pm Japan Time.
2. The day the maintenance is on Christmas in Japan, whether or not they celebrate it, I know they probably have better things to do than put an update on.
3. Never in GT6 has an update occurred on a Thursday in Japan.
4. An update has never occurred when the seasonals expire, just to bring in new seasonals.

However, some small things do point to a minor update, something like v1.16, not Spec 2.0. The best we'll get is a VGT and the new seasonals and maybe some bug fixes.

THE END​

Last edited:
Ok, just converting the time to Japan time, I can see a lot of problems for an update.
1. The start of the maintenance is at 10:30am Japan Time, when PD announces a maintenance that has an update in it, it releases at the start at 12:00pm Japan Time.
2. The day the maintenance is on is Christmas in Japan, whether on not they celebrate it, I know they probably having better things to do than put an update on.
3. Never in GT6 has an update occurred on a Thursday in Japan.
4. An update has never occurred when the seasonals expire, just to bring in new seasonals.

However, some small things do point to a minor update, something like v1.16, not Spec 2.0. The best we'll get is a VGT and the new seasonals and maybe some bug fixes.

THE END​

Those are enough things to warrant doubts that the maintenance on the 25th will bring more than a VGT and the rest of the Special Seasonal Events. Solid research.

PD have been monitoring everyone's online gaming and have been checking if you've been naughty or nice in the online lobbies. Details of the naughty/nice list will be revealed in a minor update on 25th December and all of the nice players will receive a free car and early access to the course maker...

PD have been monitoring everyone's online gaming and have been checking if you've been naughty or nice in the online lobbies. Details of the naughty/nice list will be revealed in a minor update on 25th December and all of the nice players will receive a free car and early access to the course maker...

While they're at it maybe Kaz will log into GTP and answer some questions on his Q&A section, lol.:eek:

Last edited:
What I hope for, and have continued to hope for each and every update is SERVER UPGRADES.

The "invisible" cars on track, the disconnects, and the general lack of fluidity with online is not condusive to good racing. I play online everyday. But, I'm tired of this. As much as it sickens me, I do not want to play anymore.

I know I'll be disappointed that I wont get want I want for Christmas but I am grateful that they are giving something.

Cheers and Happy Holidays (Merry Christmas)

My predictions: 50% chance of an update of some sort, 50% chance of it being just maintainence. If an update happens, 95% chance of it being just a patch to fix the mileage issue and other bugs, 5% chance of it delivering a new feature/spec 2.0 style update. (These predictions will probably be wrong.)

Do they even celebrate Christmas in Japan?

Not really. They're aware that it exists, but it's not a public holiday or anything. It's just another day in December. New Years is the big day for them.

2. The day the maintenance is on is Christmas in Japan, whether on not they celebrate it, I know they probably having better things to do than put an update on.

Nope. Everyone will be at work as normal. No reason not to have an update on that particular day, and plenty of reason to do it considering a lot of the rest of the world thinks it's a big deal.

Will I be able to re-enact this?

Santa Suit for purchase this holiday season only? That would be neato~ :)

lol instead of the elise they should put a C7 GTE, so he can really deliver in one night.
BTW the santa race suit would be awesome beyond reason.

Back