Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
3 holes made so far. 6 to go.

Also need to make a clubhouse :)

Does anyone want to jump on and try it out?

If you want to create your own personal texture pack, look up something called a 'texture pack template'. Then just do it in paint, and place the color according to each pixel. It'll take a while. Per block, there are:

(16x) 1'536 pixels.
(32x) 3'072 pixels
(64x) 6'144 pixels
(128x) 12'288 pixels

:) Do that for the 50+ blocks in minecraft...hmmm...

Well guys I'm back, got my server running. Sorry I won't be giving out the IP, it's for a few guys off another website :P

I'll find a way to modify the enchanted texture pack some day, there are a few things I don't like anymore, like the glass, I tried doing the transparency with gimp once (which usually gets any job done) but it came out looking L'horrible ingame.

Found a jungle yesterday made up of just 4 trees. It wasn't the mushroom biome I was looking for though.

Dunc: Anything happening with a new Admin? Since all 3 of our other admins don't join...ever... and the server is without anyone to actually ban someone now that mods can't ban. You're the only one, and it's rare as hens teeth that you get on...

And before everyone jumps at my throat that I'm trying to get another promotion, you're sadly mistaken. I just want to see some decent security for the server...

I'm sorry to say but there is no one else on the server that I would really want to be an admin. Perhaps I could create a Super Moderator class.

That said. Another admin isn't that nessessary. Mods can kick freeze and mute which is fine for stopping griefers.

Oh not another class. We'll make do with freezing and kicking (over and over). Muting is useless because they can still PM when they're muted, and spam everyone.

Kinda dissapointing that there's no one that you would consider making admin, I see at least two players that would be excellent for the position, respectful, honest people...

anywhoos, as you wish. :)

Logging on now btw.

EDIT: Bug report:

Moderator cannot change weather. In addition for the long time running bug of not being able to do /weather sun (I always had to do /weather rain 1 to get the minimum amount of rain time, I couldn't directly go to sun), I can't change any weather now. The plugin must have crashed. I just get "Unknown command".

Last edited:
Oh not another class. We'll make do with freezing and kicking (over and over). Muting is useless because they can still PM when they're muted, and spam everyone.

Kinda dissapointing that there's no one that you would consider making admin, I see at least two players that would be excellent for the position, respectful, honest people...

anywhoos, as you wish. :)

Logging on now btw.

EDIT: Bug report:

Moderator cannot change weather. In addition for the long time running bug of not being able to do /weather sun (I always had to do /weather rain 1 to get the minimum amount of rain time, I couldn't directly go to sun), I can't change any weather now. The plugin must have crashed. I just get "Unknown command".

/wclear for sun. /rain for rain. /storm for storm

Who are the two users you have in mind?

Well Enki for one. He hasn't had a single promotion, he's been there forever, and created some of the servers best builds.

The other, after reading through some posts, I realized dosn't come much anymore (name escapes me for a sec, I can see them in my head though) :P.

Or yours truly, but if you have no one in mind yourself, that's obviously out of the question. :lol: That only creates controversy anyways (and I don't like asking).

Oh, by the way, I'm extending the street of Boston if that's OK, I was thinking of setting up a shop of some description.

EDIT: Dunc, what are the names of the plugins for the prefixes we use? And the one that colors the names (and you can set the permissions per rank). Gonna add them to my server :P

Last edited:
I dont think there should be an admin, only a king/queen.

Server is dead almost 24/7, so it doesn't really matter I guess.

Also, Enki? The one who burned down an entire NPC village?

EDIT: Dunc, what are the names of the plugins for the prefixes we use? And the one that colors the names (and you can set the permissions per rank). Gonna add them to my server :P

mChat

I use PermissionsBukkit for permissions.

That's two NPC villages sponge, TWO :) (the second of which I don't have to admit to, but I'm doing it anyway)

I rebuilt the small houses and crops of the one at Venturi a while back but someone raped them since, although with bb gone we'll never know who did it. The other will be connected to Boston via rail and upgraded when the Parthenon and the beach is finished, which I probably won't have time for.

I dont think there should be an admin, only a king/queen.

Server is dead almost 24/7, so it doesn't really matter I guess.

Also, Enki? The one who burned down an entire NPC village?

Well that is an idea, but the king/queen rarely come on anyway. Can't tell a greifer/spammer to "hold on a few days till the Admin logs on!"

How would you know? I'm on very frequently. So is Enki, prettiegirl, cman, and sometimes Fiat. You're never on, can you read the server log telepathicly to know how active the server is...? If so, please, tell me your secret!

Ooooh nooo! A whole village! That's like, soo uber badd!... Umm...yeah, him and I did that for fun because there was no use for it and we were bored. Besides, your one to talk, you burned stuff all the time. You and Jai were the fire kings, or 'human ghast', as I like to refer to it :P

How would you know? I'm on very frequently. So is Enki, prettiegirl, cman, and sometimes Fiat. You're never on, can you read the server log telepathicly to know how active the server is...? If so, please, tell me your secret!

Ooooh nooo! A whole village! That's like, soo uber badd!... Umm...yeah, him and I did that for fun because there was no use for it and we were bored. Besides, your one to talk, you burned stuff all the time. You and Jai were the fire kings, or 'human ghast', as I like to refer to it :P

I'm on a lot more now, been very busy at the server recently. I like that as a rank - "Fire King"

Anybody coming on?

Have you ever thought about adding a Builder rank, Dunc? I'm itching to start building my projects on the server!

I've been thinking about different ranks. Builder, miner, healer, enchanter etc. I just need to figure out what permissions to give each rank.

I think there is a way to let builder spawn themselves infinite stone, glass, sandstonem, brick etc (fully customisable) which would be handy.

I've been thinking about different ranks. Builder, miner, healer, enchanter etc. I just need to figure out what permissions to give each rank.

I think there is a way to let builder spawn themselves infinite stone, glass, sandstonem, brick etc (fully customisable) which would be handy.

I would be keen on the role of builder...

Everyone will want to be a builder methinks!

We need to decide on what other jobs there can be and balance it out.

Also, the server is getting upgraded at the weekend. :)

^^ I'd like to be adventurer/miner if we're moving that way inclined, or is it just for players?

EDIT1: Yaay! Upgrades. What's the upgrades going to be?

Also, Dunc, log in (don't say you're at work -_-)

More RAM.

And yes I am at work.

Simple formula... Is it Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday or Friday? If yes, Dunc is at work.

DQuaN
More RAM.

And yes I am at work.

Simple formula... Is it Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday or Friday? If yes, Dunc is at work.

My work schedule is easier to guess...is Sapphire drunk? No? She's working...or has worked..

Just played a game of spleef with prettiegirl and cman. prettiegirl won 2 times, I won once, and cman fell out all 3 matches in the first 10 seconds.

She's good at spleef. Our server should hold a tournament sometime.

Back