Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
Might be a slight spoiler

My friend and I started a brand new map last night and......he found the end portal within an hour and a half!!! Just pure insane luck. Had 1 ender pearl in the portal. We only play on survival mode so this is the fastest I have heard of anyone ever finding the end.

Hmm spoiler tag not working properly. But this I am sure is old news for most on this site.
You can use ender pearls to find it.

I was playing tekkit before lite and classic came out. I think it's about the same as classic nowadays.
They apparently raised the temperatures, because in the version I was playing nothing could withstand more than 10'000°.

2400EU/t was possible with 54 uranium cells in it. Yes, that is a reactor only filled with uranium cells.
Cooling was done with ice, tons of ice. I think it needed about 1 stack of ice (64 blocks) every 2.5 seconds. Temperature was adjustable, so I could've used it as breeder if I wanted to.
Most important items were the MFFS Reactor Heat Control blocks (they're the cooling units that use the ice to cool the core and chambers).

I used a dispenser and pneumatic tubes to fill it with new cells that came from the uranium cell factory, which was done by using some automatic crafting tables and tons of buildcraft pipes. The empty cells got sucked out of the reactor by a retriever and then destroyed to get rid of the waste (because that would result in massive server lag).

It needed 5 parallel MFSU lines to store all the energy, because one MFSU line can only take 512 EU/t. Forcefield was powered by the reactor itself, it doesn't need that much power though.

About 3 or 4 times people tried to sabotage the reactor, but only once they managed to achieve an explosion, but even then not a single block outside the reactor got destroyed.

The key was, I only used reinforced stone blocks to secure the reactor while it was running. BUT as soon as the reactor started to explode, the forcefield automatically turned on and prevented any damage. That's why people normally failed to sabotage it.
The reason I couldn't use forcefields while it was running was because it would've cut the pneumatic tubes that were connected with the reactor.
As far as I remember it was the MFFS Heat Monitor Server that had this automatic forcefield protection function in case the reactor was in progress to explode.

EDIT: Two High Voltage Transformators were needed, because they have a limit of 2040EU/t. The glass fibre cable can transport 2400EU/t though.
OK thanks for the info I will try the tube stuff. I did try it with applied energistics import and export buses but it made the reactor explode lol (luckily had a back-up). Now reactors cannot be cooled with ice and I think the most space effect cooling is the LZH condensators. Did you ever find a use for all the power? my small output can power a quarry using BC converters to get the MJ power it needs.

OK thanks for the info I will try the tube stuff. I did try it with applied energistics import and export buses but it made the reactor explode lol (luckily had a back-up). Now reactors cannot be cooled with ice and I think the most space effect cooling is the LZH condensators. Did you ever find a use for all the power? my small output can power a quarry using BC converters to get the MJ power it needs.
It powered a refinery, which produced more oil and fuel than people could've ever used. I also had about 50 MFSUs filled. I was planning to deliver power to everybody else on the server, but I think the whole world with all it's machines would not have used 2400EU/t.

I don't know what those buses are and also have never heard about those condensators. :lol:

EDIT: I just installed and tried tekkit lite, but I can't get the reactor to run. I thought putting a cell into the reactor should start it... ehh... (at least that's how it was in the old tekkit).

EDIT2: Does it need a redstone signal? That's strange, because redstone was supposed to turn the reactor off...

EDIT3: Used a lever and it exploded... :odd: and crashed the world.

Last edited:
It powered a refinery, which produced more oil and fuel than people could've ever used. I also had about 50 MFSUs filled. I was planning to deliver power to everybody else on the server, but I think the whole world with all it's machines would not have used 2400EU/t.

I don't know what those buses are and also have never heard about those condensators. :lol:

EDIT: I just installed and tried tekkit lite, but I can't get the reactor to run. I thought putting a cell into the reactor should start it... ehh... (at least that's how it was in the old tekkit).

EDIT2: Does it need a redstone signal? That's strange, because redstone was supposed to turn the reactor off...

EDIT3: Used a lever and it exploded... :odd:
Did you have cooling? try this site for good designs http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7681

I use a lever to start all my reactors and never had a problem before.

Lol I already got about 1500 buckets worth of fuel and that was done using a combustion engine farm. I added a few mods to my Tekkit including the one that has tanks for liquid storage.

Did you have cooling? try this site for good designs http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7681

I use a lever to start all my reactors and never had a problem before.

Lol I already got about 1500 buckets worth of fuel and that was done using a combustion engine farm. I added a few mods to my Tekkit including the one that has tanks for liquid storage.
The problem is that you need a redstone signal to start the reactor. In the tekkit version I was playing the reactor started as soon as you inserted cells and it was turned off by using redstone. Now redstone is used to turn it on...

:boggled:

Right click the lever that can make it turn on or off

Off and the lever is up.
Off_zps9c1e54cb.jpg

on and the lever is down
ON_zps6a2cc489.jpg

Last edited:
inverter cells? check my edit just a bit of stone and a stick lol
I mean now you can't turn it off with a redstone signal. If it gets too hot it must automatically remove the redstone signal, that's why I need inverter cells or those funny inverter bridges.

Normally heat monitors do send a redstone signal in case of a overheat, they don't stop sending it.

On the console Minecrafts, if you imput the seed "Jahgee" (I know, I was just messing around :lol:), you end up with a world consisting of 3 different Mushroom biome islands spread across the map

All I do is right click the lever again and it goes off. also if you pick a design from the first post on that page I linked they all run at 0 heat and can complete a full cycle no problem.

Spent a bit of time on your server. I'm still fairly new to multiplayer Minecraft, So I'm learning as I go. I found a quiet spot and dug out a nice little Hobbit house. Hopefully it's not intruding on anyone else's territory. I did chop a few tree's for wood, but I planted the seedlings that dropped to help replace what I used. I've no gold shovels yet, so I doubt I can make any claims to land so In the meantime I'm hoping my home is well enough hidden. ;)

Last edited:
All I do is right click the lever again and it goes off. also if you pick a design from the first post on that page I linked they all run at 0 heat and can complete a full cycle no problem.
What if you're not playing, but the server still running? I want a fully automated reactor that can run nonstop. I also don't aim for 0 heat reactors, I want to maximise the output under relatively stable conditions. Additionally, I want to use the MFFS cooling units, which means the reactor itself will always overheat.

That's why I need it to shutdown automatically just in case.

What if you're not playing, but the server still running? I want a fully automated reactor that can run nonstop. I also don't aim for 0 heat reactors, I want to maximise the output under relatively stable conditions. Additionally, I want to use the MFFS cooling units, which means the reactor itself will always overheat.

That's why I need it to shutdown automatically just in case.

Unless its a breeder heat doesn't improve anything and if your reactor is consistently getting hotter I think a design rethink is needed.

Let me just provide a few random musings on Minecraft PS3.

* I find the weather effects to be very nice. There were a few times when it had rained, and I noticed lightning bolts from the sky in addition to the lightning

* The Minecraft PS3 world I've created is a superflat world.

* Because most of my experience is with the Pocket Edition of Minecraft, I'm going to be brand-new with the Jungle biome.

* I tried to closely build some of my structures in Minecraft PS3 that I made as Minecraft schematics in a program called Qubicle Constructor. A lot of what I've created was improvised to take advantage of actually building certain structures from start to finish. Two structures I've successfully re-created include a tower and a temple.

* As much as I enjoy having Villagers run around villages, there is a little problem I have. Some of the Villagers trespass into my house. There was a point where two Villagers basically blocked me from trying to get out of the room of my house! I didn't want to kill those Villagers because I don't nonchalantly kill Villagers as I sometimes do with sheep and cows.

* I learned something about the vines. When you put vines on a surface, those vines eventually grow and take up more of the walls you line them up on. I learned this in Minecraft PS3 as I made an abandoned town in my Minecraft PS3 world. I initially designed the vines to resemble a decaying town with abandoned buildings. Some of those vines actually covered the doors. So what I did was destroy some of the vines that have covered the doors.

* I lit up my first TNT not too long ago. So cool blowing s:censored: up... I mean, blowing stuff up in Minecraft. Prior to blowing the fuse on a TNT box, I accidentally ran into a Creeper in Creative Mode and experience the huge explosion. Creepers scare the hell out of me. They are so quiet. Yet ninja style, they can come up on you and cause a huge explosion. My fear in Creative Mode is having to start all over again or have to rebuild certain structures after having dealt with Creepers that exploded. That ALMOST happened to me last night as I was saving my work after building a Grand Hotel in my Minecraft World. Thankfully, I disposed of a Creeper with well-timed arrow shots while in Fly Mode.

Other than that, I am enjoying my experience with Minecraft PS3. All I am trying to do is use up as much of my world as possible to make all kinds of stuff. I may later try and practice making devices. I eventually want to start creating a rail system to connect various parts of the world I've created. I may even want to make other sorts of motorized material in Minecraft. Not ready for the redstone stuff yet.

Unless its a breeder heat doesn't improve anything and if your reactor is consistently getting hotter I think a design rethink is needed.
Only in case the cooling fails.

2014-01-01_232622_zpsfa1e3d7d.png

2014-01-01_232541_zps17ad606e.png

2014-01-01_232826_zps682be2ba.png

(Chest with new uranium cells (left) got filled by buildcraft pipes from the autarkic uranium cell factory)
2014-01-01_233059_zpscf7a686e.png

2014-01-01_233333_zps65921c11.png

2014-01-01_233142_zps66840fbe.png

2014-01-01_233033_zps995235e8.png

(That's 1 stack every 2.5 seconds)
2014-01-01_232730_zps7f6ccb37.png

(5 parallel MFSU lanes, the 6th one is only for the reactor itself (on the outside are more MFSUs).)

That's how my Tekkit Classic reactor looked like.

Seriously, I don't want to use levers... :)

Last edited:
Yesterday, I made my first successful rail system in Minecraft PS3. I have a SimCity mentality with transportation. You know what I mean if you've played SimCity before. What I tried to do was set up a sort of system kind of like a train system. I made one practice rail system based on a quick video I saw on YouTube. It consisted of simple rails, powered rails, the rail detector plates, and a lever. I initially thought of using a button rather than a lever. Only problem was that I had intended for the rail system to get you from Point A to Point B successfully. However, once the minecart gets going in my system, it will reach the other station, then try to go all the way back to the original point, then back to the destination... yes- an endless loop. That's unless I destroy the minecart. I'm still working on eventually making a successful rail system to connect parts of my world, but I'm doing well so far.

I took my Creative world and played it in Survival. I usually have played Creative Mode on any difficulty besides Peaceful. Monsters roam your world in Creative World, but they don't attack you. BIG difference when you do Survival Mode with your Creative world. All the monsters see you and want to attack you. I even enchanted some of the weapons I had. The diamond sword I used had some Sharpness enchantment, and my enchanted bow was capable of burning enemies with each arrow shot. What I take away from Survival Mode is how I can better build my worlds in case I do try to go Survival in each of them. I'll have to build more Furnaces in some of the different villages in places that have some sort of restaurant-type setup. I had a lot of raw chicken and some raw porkchops on hand in my Survival run.

Other than that, my experience was pretty memorable.

Anyone else having problems with the latest version on pc? I'm having trouble breaking blocks, once I break one it instantly reappears. Would be great if it dropped an item to pick up. But as it is, im wearing down my tools and spending way too much time just trying to break a block. What gives?

You know, it doesn't really feel like you are really out of space to build in Minecraft PS3. A lot of my structures are fairly small in the realm of my superflat world. The biggest structure I've created by area is a fairly large castle.

After playing in a PSN friend's Minecraft world, I've reached two places for the first time in my Minecraft experience- above the clouds, and The Nether. I went above the clouds in my own Minecraft world to build certain structures in it. You have to build a bunch of blocks tall enough to surpass the clouds. Then, you build around to make certain floating islands. I plan on completing three different above-the-clouds structures to my own Minecraft world. I completed one shrine in my world, now working on a temple in the sky and a special sky garden. The sky structures are sort of special in where they lie in the air over certain structures in my world. For example, the shrine I created high in the sky is above my house (or what is supposed to be the main player's house). I do like to use my imagination while also making a realistic world. I know that sounds strange, but that's how I roll. After making several tall structures elsewhere, I almost want to challenge making certain very tall structures. You know you want to challenge the limits of something once you discover them.

What about that Nether experience of mine? I didn't do too much special except defend myself against Zombie Pigmen. I saw the dreaded Ghast, but I didn't try to get too physical with fighting it. I already become fearful seeing a Creeper. I can only imagine how intense it would be to battle the Ghast. My PSN friend did give me some advice on being in the Nether, such as the person recommending not to sleep in the Nether. Only places for me to visit in Minecraft are strongholds and The End.

I would still recommend Minecraft PS3. If you can't play PC Minecraft or just want Minecraft outside of a PC, I'd surely suggest PS3 Minecraft or XBOX 360 Minecraft.

After seeing the above posts I've been getting back in to Tekkit recently. I've found a nice server if anyone wants to join me on it.

Might be a slight spoiler

My friend and I started a brand new map last night and......he found the end portal within an hour and a half!!! Just pure insane luck. Had 1 ender pearl in the portal. We only play on survival mode so this is the fastest I have heard of anyone ever finding the end.

Hmm spoiler tag not working properly. But this I am sure is old news for most on this site.

You can use ender pearls to find it.
We play on survival mode. You cant make ender pearls without blaze rod. And blaze rod is only in the nether. So for us to find the end portal on survival mode within an hour and a half without any ender pearls is unbelievable luck. On top of all of that we built the nether portal and found blaze rods within a couple minutes. Then we beat the end on hard difficulty while only wearing iron armor with only 2 people. Just insane luck.

Is this online? Sounds like server lag to me.

Well, I won't rule that out as the cause. But everyting was fine when I was running 1.7.2 online or off. With 1.7.4 theres that glitch problem I mentioned, and also the audio fails to play from time to time.

Played some tekkit lite this time and got a fairly decent reactor running:

2014-01-07_135823_zpsded6cfb6.png

NOTE: Temperature really is 0 and also stays at 0. As soon as it hits heat 1 it automatically gets turned off by the remote thermal monitor in the background (happens if it runs out of lapis lazulli).

3 HV transformators were needed, because each of them can only convert 2048EU/t at maximum.
Setup requires 9 MFSU lines in parallel formation, because they're limited to 512EU/t.
EDIT: Apparently in this version only the output is limited to 512EU/t, input is not. Maybe I just didn't remember right, it's been a while since the last time I played tekkit.

The only thing it needs is a chest (crystal chest near the reactor) with some lapis lazulli in it and of course the quad uranium cells. Automating the production of those is by far the hardest part.

EDIT2: 1 Cycle of 2h 46min 40s will produce 872,000,000 EU (that would fill 87 MFSUs). Should be enough for a handful machines...

Last edited:
I miss the old tekkit server. You can make some really cool stuff with it. Why don't you just make your server tekkit again DQuan?

Back