Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
Awesome, thank you. I'll probably make a few of my worlds online then. Any GTPers who want to add me on the off-chance they catch me online, my PSN is the same as my username here.

I don't have a mic though so if you do ever catch me online, feel free to do basically whatever you want as long as it doesn't involve pushing me into lava :lol:

I'm pretty much the same as you..... almost the same wording too. I'll send you a FR (same user name). I'm not always on but if I do go into other people's world (not matter what version pc/ps3/360) I don't greif or destroy anything that anyone has already done.... without permission first. I don't mind mining or help build stuff.

ALSO - anyone with the new console (ps3/360) update here's a pretty good seed with both new temples, about 5 villages and all the other normal stuff found 5475637818031624778

I'm pretty much the same as you..... almost the same wording too. I'll send you a FR (same user name). I'm not always on but if I do go into other people's world (not matter what version pc/ps3/360) I don't greif or destroy anything that anyone has already done.... without permission first. I don't mind mining or help build stuff.
Should be on later today so I'll OK that request then 👍
ALSO - anyone with the new console (ps3/360) update here's a pretty good seed with both new temples, about 5 villages and all the other normal stuff found 5475637818031624778
Nice, will check that out. Both my most recent seeds are pretty good actually - found both on the internet, both with huge mountainous areas. Latest has a village, couple of canyons and very deep holes, and desert/snow/forest/plains biomes. Nice mix.

Someone asked earlier if the console updates will apply to an already-created world, in non-created/downloaded chunks. If the PC version is any comparison, they will, as I've been playing the same survival world for 18 months and all updates have applied. I have been able to find horses, take advantage of bug fixes and explore the newer biomes when I wandered a bit further. It would be harsh to have to start a new world every time there is an update, and I don't think that'll be the case on the consoles either.

I think the changes affect anything that hasn't already been explored. Stuff like emeralds has certainly appeared on inventory menus in my current game, though I've not found any in the existing mines I've dug out. I imagine villager trading will work too, though again I've not interacted with the villagers yet.

Even if you don't have emeralds in your caves/mines, you can trade with villagers to get them.

I was able to trade 17 pieces of paper to get one.

Last edited:
I've been enjoying the new update for the PS3, but the problem with mics is starting to get frustrating. I can barely hear a word when people talk. I hear there is a bug with mics and player proximity but my problem is just with general audio quality, its distorted and garbled.

Is there any work around for this issue?

I'm having the same problem. Everyone in my game sounds muffled and sometimes it's just plain static. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a solution. :(

Minecraft was sold to EA.
Always on DRM.
Monthly DLC
Graphic Enhancements to make it more real

:lol:
April Fools.

If it does get created somehow it might just end up getting merged in with this one again, since there isn't much chatter on the PC version much anymore.

Is it worth creating a separate thread for the PS3/XBox versions?
I'm not sure. Doesn't bother me either way, but I don't see it being overly difficult to keep track of console and PC discussions for a single game in the same thread. This isn't one of the busier threads on GTP.

In that case you should all ditch the PS3/XBox versions and move to PC.

Then join my server.

:lol:

This is so true. They also forgot to mention drowning, sand, and gravel. haha
mc.jpg

I think I've only ever been blown up by a creeper once, when I was showing other people how minecraft worked and had the bad idea of mining in an open cavern at night.

My most frequent Minecraft deaths are falling-related. Far too often I forget to use the tip-toe function to stop me falling off a cliff...

I remember about 9 months ago when I just discovered tekkit I was having a really good time exploring some caves. I went down till I found a small area with lots of lava. I could see lots of good ores so decided to try get them that's when I went for a lava swim. Was so angry I nearly gave the game up altogether but glad I didn't in the end.

Luckily on the 360 version we can save any time we want. Or set the auto save at decent times. That has saved me more times than I can remember. I can imagine it being much more strategic on the computer version.

Luckily on the 360 version we can save any time we want. Or set the auto save at decent times. That has saved me more times than I can remember. I can imagine it being much more strategic on the computer version.

I think the PC version auto saves quiet a lot. I can't remember why but once I did something terribly wrong so trying to avoid a save I pressed ALT F4. When I loaded the game up again I was pretty much at the spot I pressed ALT F4 I was pretty :censored:ed.

Hey DQ, I had an idea that involves my new modern house. I can make a little town with houses and shops. I could also make it a warp once I get it mostly done.

It will take A LONG TIME. I don't think you can give me god mode to spawn blocks in though.

Don't think I've ever been killed by a creeper, though I've had to had my house rebuilt a couple times in the early game. The thing that tends to kill me in Minecraft is freaking out because I hear spiders and I fall off of something.

Would that count as an assist for the spider?

I'd say so. On one of my games I've built a castle, but its walls are roughly the same height as the tops of the trees of the forest it's in the middle of. Because spiders seem to spawn on the tops of trees they're the only mob that manages to get inside the walls. The amount of time the buggers have jumped down onto me is ridiculous.

My main issue with the PS3 version is that it's far too easy to accidentally press the analogue stick in such a situation and go into third-person view. Happens virtually every time a mob or lava catches me by surprise.

Hey DQ, I had an idea that involves my new modern house. I can make a little town with houses and shops. I could also make it a warp once I get it mostly done.

It will take A LONG TIME. I don't think you can give me god mode to spawn blocks in though.

I don't like giving people GOD mode. I can spawn a load of materials for you. Or maybe I could temoprarily give you the /i command.

That can work. I don't like cheating but if I have this idea for a new warp I have to get a TON of supplies.

Back