Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
I hope so, not played for a few weeks since I killed the Ender Dragon then the Wither (well the Endermen in the End did) and set up my beacon (and dragged the Mooshrooms back to the ranch), been waiting for some newness to explore. I will most likely try the server for the first time too :)

Last edited:
Still formulating a Creeper pit, what would be a good material to line it with? It will be pretty wide and deep so none of them will get out and have plenty of space to roam and asplode at will.

That's what I was thinking, but I'm still sorta new to the whole thing, sort of.

I'm still not even sure why a pit of Creepers sound like a good idea in my head...

Obsidian is, I believe, the only thing that is completely resistant to creeper blasts. Well, that and bedrock, but good luck mining that.

Obsidian would certainly be the easiest way, but not the only way.

You could always use anvils, enchanting tables or ender chests.

True, which I suppose are more available in creative mode. But in survival anvils require way too much iron and the other two way to much effort!

How are you hoping to kill the creepers? Jumping into the pit would be kinda dicey, whilsts arrows will be wasted on them. You could make a walled area with a slot or windows to get your sword through, but that would need them to get close enough to you to approach the wall. Of course there are more complex ways of farming them too if you want to get into using redstone, pistons and whatnot.

Obsidian would certainly be the easiest way, but not the only way.

You could always use anvils, enchanting tables or ender chests.
Are those available on the server? I hopped on, but without NEI, I dont find minecraft as enjoyable. I respect the adherence to near vanilla, but minecraft without a mod pack is like Minecraft PE to the PC version.

Going back to the plan for 1.8, I will also Shrink ToriTori to reduce load. There is only one claim on the outskirts of the map which belongs to @'85fierogt, you might want to move stuff out of there.

CityWorld will be deleted. There is only one claim here belonging to @Carlos, sorry dude, you'll have to relocate.

Then we need to decide on a name for the new world.

Getting a little annoyed at the lack of info around Minecraft Realms, there is some info relating to the set up and such but leaves out these glaring questions (which I have anyway): Is the server hosted remotely eg. by Mojang, therefore can anyone who's invited log in at any time rather than the host/host server needing to be on? And (this probably applies to multiplayer anyway which I haven't tried yet) do you start your world with no items, or can you spawn kitted out as you are in your own "offline" world? I am assuming you spawn as a total noob.

Hoping some of you guys can answer these! And I still mean to try DQuaN's server at some point but also want to play vanilla co-op with just one or two good friends using Realms.

@DQuaN, what is exactly meant with 'CityWorld' and 'ToriTori'? I lost track of all the worlds we currently have. Which world is the original spawn located in? Wasn't it 'Victoria'?

In any case, I'll exclusively stick to the new world once it's added.

Last edited:
Incidentally, not been on the server in a while but went on the world map recently - has the original spawn town in the sky been deleted or something? It all appears to just be woodland now!

@DQuaN, what is exactly meant with 'CityWorld' and 'ToriTori'? I lost track of all the worlds we currently have. Which world is the original spawn located in? Wasn't it 'Victoria'?

In any case, I'll exclusively stick to the new world once it's added.

http://play.torinet.eu:8123/

Incidentally, not been on the server in a while but went on the world map recently - has the original spawn town in the sky been deleted or something? It all appears to just be woodland now!

Yes there is a new spawn.

Going back to the plan for 1.8, I will also Shrink ToriTori to reduce load. There is only one claim on the outskirts of the map which belongs to @'85fierogt, you might want to move stuff out of there.

CityWorld will be deleted. There is only one claim here belonging to @Carlos, sorry dude, you'll have to relocate.

Then we need to decide on a name for the new world.

Its nothing, I built houses at 1985,1985; -1985,1985; 1985,-1985 and -1985,-1985.

Getting a little annoyed at the lack of info around Minecraft Realms, there is some info relating to the set up and such but leaves out these glaring questions (which I have anyway): Is the server hosted remotely eg. by Mojang, therefore can anyone who's invited log in at any time rather than the host/host server needing to be on? And (this probably applies to multiplayer anyway which I haven't tried yet) do you start your world with no items, or can you spawn kitted out as you are in your own "offline" world? I am assuming you spawn as a total noob.

Hoping some of you guys can answer these! And I still mean to try DQuaN's server at some point but also want to play vanilla co-op with just one or two good friends using Realms.

I've been playing on Realms and I know that you start out in a new world with nothing in your inventory. However, with the latest update you can upload one of your single player worlds to be used as your Realms world. Also it gives you the ability to download a world that you created in Realms for offline play.

As far as I can tell the servers are hosted by Mojang. Players will need to be added onto a invite list, if you want them to join you. Although i'm not sure at this point if you also need to be online at the same time, but considering the world is kept on a server it should be open anytime really.

Back