Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
Please take screenshots if you think someone is up to no good. I have no anti-griefing or investigation tools on vanilla.

I really don't think there could ever be a "Minecraft 2," much like there never being a "Team Fortress 3." It just doesn't seem right and doesn't work in my head. Minecraft is... Minecraft. It can't be succeeded. It can't have a sequel.

No, Minecraft 2.0. Depends on what MS does to it. With access to so many more developers and resources, I could think of many ways for the better and worse this could change to warrant a bump up to 2.0, if not for the fact that MS took over.

So the adventure continues...

Sadly the GTcave was destroyed by two creepers. The first one jumped on me while I was exiting. When it blew it killed me,and opened a huge hole which the second creeper fell through. I ended up
respawning right next to the second one, and with no where to go... Ka-blooey. That one destroyed
what was left of the cave. Much of the my night I spent rebuilding. It looks different now, but it's still
hidden. @GT5Power when you make it on again, let me know what you might be missing. There was
not much left, but I put everything I found in a chest in the new bedroom.

While mining for new blocks to rebuild the cave I found a mineshaft. I managed to score some nice loot.
But greed got the best of me for when I went back to raid the rest... well I ended up respawning next to
my bed empty handed. 🤬 Creepers.

I did checkout the island "csjohnson1" and "nsjohnson1" have made. Looks like they have been busy
building houses and such. Not sure of their ages but "cs" seems polite enough, and eager to have company
on his island.

I met a user by the name of "FTWinning" by accident. He used the /wild command and ended up right
next to me at the GTcave location. He moved on when he noticed he was building his house on top of
the cave. Nice guy really. Would be nice to have a community that shows respect for others. But this
is the internet....haha

:cheers:

Last edited:
The only thing now is that for the PC to make it worse is to have Gold to play online. Either way just hope M$ don't do like EA and want to pay for every little dlc or whatnot.

Updates to the custom mod we are running include grief investigation tools. No protection as yet as far as I'm aware.

I will update tonight.

The johnsons seem to be nice players. I made cs some banners for the island.

I'll be on in about 3 hrs to work on the new spawn area.

Thanks @DQuaN , those tools will help out. I'll be able to do something besides hand out free stuff.

Will the update include spawning those fake ores like the last server? Because that caused a lot of lag on my end.

Speaking of mods... The "janitor" is great, but can we have it relax a bit?

I've lost so many items... I've actually made it back in time to see them cleaned away by the Janitor.

and @GT-R Good to see you, but I think your magic was too much for the server. :lol:

@crunchMONKY78 Let me know which items you had on you (I might've picked them up in time) and I'll hand them out to you. 👍

I think that clearing ground items can be set to an interval of 20 to 30 minutes. :)

@crunchMONKY78 Let me know which items you had on you (I might've picked them up in time) and I'll hand them out to you. 👍

I think that clearing ground items can be set to an interval of 20 to 30 minutes. :)

I think I got everything back... I would get kicked off the server, come back on to see another me.

Went through all that until there was a pretty good collection of me going..and now I can't get back on.

30min please!!! lol

Just give it a few minutes. I saw three different characters of you in-game. :lol:

By the way, you guys should check out the '/ride' command. It's awesome!

You can ride bunnies...

2014-09-16_22.31.54.png

...or maybe a squid?

2014-09-16_22.32.43.png

Not fancy enough? How about a bat?

2014-09-16_22.37.49.png

2014-09-16_22.37.50.png

2014-09-16_22.38.16.png

Still bored? Why not try out a creeper?!

2014-09-16_22.34.57.png

2014-09-16_22.34.59.png

Or a blaze...

2014-09-16_22.41.59.png

:D

Last edited:
Interesting shape of the the map. Is that due to unexplored area? Or that really is the shap of the server world?

The map is generated as it is explored. Before that, it doesn't exist.

The weird shape is the route people walked when they were exploring. I don't know how that little square appeared on the bottom right. Maybe a nether portal exited there.

*edit*
New one :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23992441/output2.png

Last edited:
So, here's some new shots for your pleasure, guys. I made a small villager house two days ago; took about 1 to 1,5 hours:

1.png

Here's the inside view:

2.png

3.png

Let's see what's upstairs...

4.png

The view from the small balcony:

5.png

6.png

A hidden ender chest:

7.png

This is actually a custom tree I built yesterday. Took about an hour...

8.png

9.png

Nothing too fancy...

10.png

...but it does the trick for now...

11.png

Hope you enjoyed! :)

Back