Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
I was hoping there was maybe already a GTP house area or something. We can always try build one together if we (GTP members) are on at some point :).

I mentioned a few posts back that the world I was in didn't have an end portal. So we decided to just start a brand new world. 2nd try I found another jungle world. So as the first night approached in the new world, I decided to start digging down to mine for resources and to pass time until daylight. We are on hard difficulty in creative SURVIVAL mode on 360. As I am digging down I hear silverfish. Like I said in the previous post, silverfish are always at the end portal. I am thinking no way..no way.. So I listen to the surround sound and keep going toward the silverfish. I break through a block and sure enough, THE END PORTAL!!!! Within 30 minutes of starting this world!!!! Best luck I have ever had in this game. Also made up for the bad luck in the previous world. :D

Last edited:
Out of curiosity is there any community sort of area. Where we can build our houses together in a town like fashion? :)
You can build in front of spawn if you want. I'm starting on a village there and a port on the island at the end of the river.

Yeah I should change that. I'm crap at design though, does anyone want to make one? I assume it has to be a certain size but I don't know what the constraints are.

Day 2 on the PS4 edition yesterday and I went exploring back in my old mine. I dug out some more iron ore and found enough coal for just over two stacks. Soon afterwards I went exploring in an old abandoned mineshaft that I came across and found a small pocket of gold ore. Some areas had small floods which I plugged up as I continued searching for more materials.

I couldn't explore any further into the tunnels because an enderman was blocking my path. After a while digging my own way out of the tunnels after getting completely lost, I made my way back home to the village and began work on an underground store room to keep all my items. As of yesterday, I have 3 chests for my items including my recently smelted gold ingots.

Looking forward to another day of digging in another mine I recently found.

So I had a question but forgot to ask. It was about the whole protection thing. I was cutting trees near spawn and it said some were in a protected zone. (Sorry if they were someone's btw :P)

Was that just the anti griefing put up close to spawn or someone's area?

I mentioned a few posts back that the world I was in didn't have an end portal. So we decided to just start a brand new world. 2nd try I found another jungle world. So as the first night approached in the new world, I decided to start digging down to mine for resources and to pass time until daylight. We are on hard difficulty in creative SURVIVAL mode on 360. As I am digging down I hear silverfish. Like I said in the previous post, silverfish are always at the end portal. I am thinking no way..no way.. So I listen to the surround sound and keep going toward the silverfish. I break through a block and sure enough, THE END PORTAL!!!! Within 30 minutes of starting this world!!!! Best luck I have ever had in this game. Also made up for the bad luck in the previous world. :D
Oops I had a typo. I meant we were in SURVIVAL mode when I found the end portal in 30 minutes!!

So I had a question but forgot to ask. It was about the whole protection thing. I was cutting trees near spawn and it said some were in a protected zone. (Sorry if they were someone's btw :P)

Was that just the anti griefing put up close to spawn or someone's area?

If it was the trees on the hill that spawn is on then yes, those trees are a part of spawn. That whole area below the hill will probably be a part of spawn also.

I spent my very first hour on Minecraft yesterday (PS4 version), going through the tutorial. It baffles me how all these little kids seem to figure it out so easily :P . Hopefully tonight I have some time to start an actual survival game to see how that goes.

I spent my very first hour on Minecraft yesterday (PS4 version), going through the tutorial. It baffles me how all these little kids seem to figure it out so easily :P . Hopefully tonight I have some time to start an actual survival game to see how that goes.

I'm pretty sure they also learn a huge amount about the game just from watching their favorite YouTubers playing Minecraft.

I'm pretty sure they also learn a huge amount about the game just from watching their favorite YouTubers playing Minecraft.

I learned about it from watching Rooster Teeths early Let's Play episodes and Markiplier's Drunk Minecraft series.

I have been playing MC for about a year and a half. Started on 360 and now also playing on X1. I learn almost everything on my own and always play survival mode. Also learned a lot from watching friends. I don't like to look anything up. Always more rewarding if you figure it out on your own.

In fact last night for the very first time I decided to mess with the pistons and repeaters. After about an hour or two I was able to set up an entire water fall system that automatically harvests my sugar cane and wheat. Its currently 3 pistons wide, 6 pistons total. So it was a great, small beta test for now. I will create a much larger system later when I get more resources. It also opened up a LOT more creative ideas I want to mess with. Learned a LOT about the water physics last night.

Last edited:
I learned about it from watching Rooster Teeths early Let's Play episodes and Markiplier's Drunk Minecraft series.

I initially thought that I would never have a PC/the ability to play MC, so I decided to read just about everything on the Minecraft Wiki. My reasoning was, I didn't think I would spoil anything for myself since I'll likely never be able to play and I can offer my friends advice. I also watched many tutorial videos.

I first heard about this game from my friend while in middle school. I thought it was stupid. I watched a video of these two guys in a snow castle, giving a tour at night. They thanked a relative for something and had a throne built for that person. They were freaking out because a green block-creature was jumping around on the roof. At the time, I didn't understand the danger of Creepers. I thought the game was even more stupid, but I kept watching more videos and grew to like it. I still smile a little whenever I stumble across that video, even though it left a bit of a bad first impression on me.

I actually found the PC version more intuitive to pick up, as it's really just a case of hitting, digging and placing stuff rather than combining things in a more complex UI, though I can see why they did that with the console versions. I need to pick up the PS3 version again, having originally bought it to get my overseas lady friend into it (that didn't work) but now have a couple of mates who have it. Need to nail that UI though, I found it kinda odd. Also some of the mob AI seemed different, but that may have changed.

Got into it (on PC) a couple of years ago, having watched a series of videos on Youtube to see what all the fuss was about (it was someone called "X" or something who started from scratch, great series) then gave it a shot myself. Started on Normal so no help at all and found surviving the first night or two a great challenge, really throws you in at the deep end :)

On another note, I have a question I can't quite find a direct answer to via Google. If you have "used" an End Portal, will Ender Pearls still take you to the same spot (starting from general spawn area again) or to the next closest? Wouldn't mind another crack at that dragon, though not really looking forward to chasing that dragon egg around again trying to get it to break...

On another note, I have a question I can't quite find a direct answer to via Google. If you have "used" an End Portal, will Ender Pearls still take you to the same spot (starting from general spawn area again) or to the next closest? Wouldn't mind another crack at that dragon, though not really looking forward to chasing that dragon egg around again trying to get it to break...

I believe it just takes you to the closest one.

(it was someone called "X" or something who started from scratch, great series)

davidr64yt?

I would really like the option to switch between the console and PC version of the UI on PS3. The new UI is annoying sometimes and I just wish I could use the standard crafting menu.

@L8erBaby Yep! That's him!

Yes it's a map of the server. It's 20MB which is why it will lag a little. The original was 80MB! I could reduce it further but it will lose a lot of quality.

Yes it's a map of the server. It's 20MB which is why it will lag a little. The original was 80MB! I could reduce it further but it will lose a lot of quality.
Yes it took a little while but that's great you have a screenshot showing the entire map. 👍

I couldn't zoom in much on my phone, I guess it dropped the resolution. I'll have to check it out when I get home.

Someones been exploring way out.

Yesterday I set up a voting, uh, "area"? In front of spawn with 6 different flags to vote on for the "official server banner".

Today I thought you guys might want to submit designs. If you want to submit a banner just drop the banner in the #1 hopper. It doesnt really matter what the colors are because we will vote on colors later. Depending on the amount of designs submitted I will change the number banner to vote on per day and maybe add another round of votes.

I'd love to hear some feedback and any other ideas you may have.

@DQuaN we really should get the torinet forum posted in announcements so we can get info to all the non gtp members we have now.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back