Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
I do that and use the peaceful pack with extra utilities (Has peaceful table)

Also good to use those with other mods just to get a feel on what can be done.

The silverfish are the only things that are giving me trouble in the game.

I'm getting pretty good at this redstone thing. :D
Rnbvr78.png

AlrWeAN.png

Right now, it can only add/subtract as well as invert any input or any output, but I'm rapidly expanding it. As of this message, I'm halfway done with the multiplication functions/circuitry, and then I plan on using the extra output (seen in orange wool) to connect to a redstone lamp display, which will also be used for the rock, paper, scissors commands and components that I'll add after that. 👍

Last edited:
I'm working on recreating Freddy Fazbear's Pizza from FNAF2. The exterior is all done, here is a screenshot of the main stage so far:
0346D2967B099FCA6F06E57818AF4A33AF123E63

@DQuaN , Is the server up and do I need anything special to connect to it? ;)

Edit: disregard that! Figured it out :)

Last edited:
@DQuaN, how did you get that installed? Are you running 1.8 or 1.8.1 and can you point me to where you got the shaders from?

I played my first game of Minecraft last night on the Xbox 360... I'm trying to learn a bit about it as the game was a present to my nephew from his Dad, but I think that my nephew is far too young for it (he's 6 and a half!). Anyway, and perhaps understandably, he didn't understand it at all and it didn't help that I hadn't a clue what I was doing either. So, I came up with a great plan - that I should borrow the game for a while and get to grips with it myself before having another go with my nephew. After a couple of early setbacks (and prolific use of the words 🤬, 🤬 and :censored:ity 🤬), I got my first house built and ventured into the game proper... I ended up staying up until 1 am playing it.

Anyway, am I right in saying that many of you guys play Minecraft on the PC? Is there any significant differences between the different versions of the game? And if I wanted to play it online with my nephew, is that something relatively easy to do i.e. if I build a world, will I be able to access it at my nephew's place?? Sorry for the noob questions - I reckon I will do a bit more 'research' over the next couple of weeks before returning the game, although by that point I may have to buy myself a copy.

@Touring Mars, most of us are playing the PC version, yes. And as far as I know - please correct me if I'm wrong, in addition to the absence of some blocks and mobs, the world size is limited on the Xbox 360 version of the game. Other than that, you obviously have much more freedom when it comes to modifications on the PC version. ;)

@Touring Mars

Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!! Get the PC version!!

Look at my screenshots above. :)

I might think about the PC version if the Xbox version turns out to be fun, but if last night was anything to go by, it is extremely time-consuming... some of the stuff I've seen on YouTube about Minecraft is quite stunning though... am I right in thinking that most of the huge cities and amazing structures must be made in 'Creative' mode, and that you can't switch between game modes for individual maps? I'd like to be able to mess about in Creative mode and then play that map in Survival mode - can you do that on Xbox (or PC, or both)?

If you hate yourself, you could build huge cities in survival mode. But using creative mode certainly helps. I don't know about console versions, but on PC you can enable cheats and change game mode that way. Or if you just want to mess around in something built by someone with way too much free time, get the PC version and download some maps.

@Touring Mars, you are free to go back and forth between both survival and creative mode on the PC version of the game, so there's that. ;)

By the way, I just finished work on the potion shop I was planning to build for months now. It's located at spawn (Frontier) and... quite easy to spot, to say the least. Hope you guys like it. :P

I played my first game of Minecraft last night on the Xbox 360... I'm trying to learn a bit about it as the game was a present to my nephew from his Dad, but I think that my nephew is far too young for it (he's 6 and a half!). Anyway, and perhaps understandably, he didn't understand it at all and it didn't help that I hadn't a clue what I was doing either. So, I came up with a great plan - that I should borrow the game for a while and get to grips with it myself before having another go with my nephew. After a couple of early setbacks (and prolific use of the words 🤬, 🤬 and :censored:ity 🤬), I got my first house built and ventured into the game proper... I ended up staying up until 1 am playing it.

Anyway, am I right in saying that many of you guys play Minecraft on the PC? Is there any significant differences between the different versions of the game? And if I wanted to play it online with my nephew, is that something relatively easy to do i.e. if I build a world, will I be able to access it at my nephew's place?? Sorry for the noob questions - I reckon I will do a bit more 'research' over the next couple of weeks before returning the game, although by that point I may have to buy myself a copy.
I have the 360 version AND the X1 version. They have released a LOT of updates and now the 360/X1 versions have very close to the same features on the PC. An upside of the 360 and X1 is the fact you can save at ANY time. I ALWAYS play in survival mode but you can play in creative if you want. I find survival much more rewarding.

In fact the 360/X1/PS4 versions are VERY similar to the pc. They even have witches, horses, donkeys, bats, pretty much everything the pc has. Including the recently added wither boss. The X1/PS4 version are around 32x larger than the 360 version and plays quite a bit better. Faster loading, longer draw distance, instant saves.

As for joining worlds yes you can join your nephews world at any time if he is on. He can join your world at any time. Yes you can play split screen. Yes you can swap from creative, hard, easy, or survival mode at ANY time.

If you have any other 360/X1 questions, let me know. I play this game religiously on the 360 and X1. I would also HIGHLY recommend playing with someone that knows how to play Minecraft. It is much more fun with friends and will be even more enjoyable with someone that can show you how to play.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info chaps :cheers:

I'm playing in Survival mode (Easy) for the time being - it's good fun, if somewhat addictive and horribly time consuming. I had to force myself to go to bed last night after a productive evening making a swanky extension to my house (OK, hut) and doing a bit of landscape gardening. Tonight's goal is to start farming and to make a sustainable source of wood - getting wood is easy, but sustaining it is the tricky bit!

@Touring Mars, you could always opt for an automatic tree farm. I mean, if the game doesn't feel challenging enough... :P

On a more serious note, while I would recommend you checking out some PC gameplays on YouTube (if time permits, that is), the game definitely has a completely different feel once you're the one playing it. If you like it on the Xbox 360, you will certainly love it on PC.

May I ask what your current PC specifications are?

@DQuaN, would it be possible to increase the maximum possible render distance to ~10-12*? That way, people with 'slightly beefier' machines could enjoy it heaps more. ;)

*Heck, I'd personally prefer 16 and above, but let's keep the stress on the server within reasonable limits.

Last edited:
@DQuaN, would it be possible to increase the maximum possible render distance to ~10-12*? That way, people with 'slightly beefier' machines could enjoy it heaps more. ;)

*Heck, I'd personally prefer 16 and above, but let's keep the stress on the server within reasonable limits.

Nope.

That will vastly increase the amount of data sent to each player. On my home connection the lag would be unbearable.

Is the server down for anyone else? I can't seem to connect to it.

Last edited:
Eks
I'm getting pretty good at this redstone thing. :D
Rnbvr78.png

AlrWeAN.png

Right now, it can only add/subtract as well as invert any input or any output, but I'm rapidly expanding it. As of this message, I'm halfway done with the multiplication functions/circuitry, and then I plan on using the extra output (seen in orange wool) to connect to a redstone lamp display, which will also be used for the rock, paper, scissors commands and components that I'll add after that. 👍
Yes, once you know Boolean, you can make anything out of redstone.

Back